Multi-subject scrapbook?

Wagamama

<font color=blue>Just call me Bella<br><font color
has anyone done a multi-subject scrapbook? I don't have enough material to make a scrapbook for each "event" in my life, so how would i go about making a multi-subjected one?

My everyday scrapbooks have a variety of types of pages, to keep things consistent though I only do 2 page spreads, that way it looks coherent when the book is open at any one place! I use the first and last pages for those smaller layouts or something sentimental that I don't need two pages for! My albums have everything,birthdays,holidays,road trips,activities,sports,family,friends ect! I just keep filling up one album till I can't get anymore pages in and then I start a new album. That being said I have done 3 theme albums, one was a gift album for my mom, and two albums were disney trips!
Grover in Winnipeg
:)

Mine are similar to Grover's books. I have my children's life books they are top loading pages so if I decided to make seperate books I can pull them out and move them around.
Right now this book is done in order and for the most part a two page spread. I use my opening page as a summary (so right now it is empty! LOL) But I use the creative memory square maker and cut small square out of the pictures I won't be using or scraps and them plan to make a mosiac page.
The only seperate ablums I have are Disney but I have added more than one trip. I do have my kids school albums and I just finished my daughter's dance album. It is full and I am not sure how I want to con't. But she may not be dancing next year and it won't be a problem.
Good luck! Any way you choose to do your book it will be great!

I have "themed" scrapbooks, and then some non-themed ones.

I have a Vacations book that has about 5 years worth of vacations in it because we didn't take that many pictures (before I scrapbooked). I have one that has a trip to Durango in it, but it is really thin, so I will probably wait until we go out west again to do another one like that.

I have started doing a yearly album which has stuff only from last year in it. I think I will do this every year, although I may combine some that we don't have a lot of pictures for.

Then for big vacations we have one or two albums. We have a smaller one for a cruise we went on a few years ago, and we have a large one and a small one for our Disney trip last year.

This summer may be a Summer Vacation album. I haven't decided. This would be in addition to the yearly album.

So, whatever way you want to do it works well.

I have a lot of friends who do "multi-subject " albums. I have one that is just trips we've taken. I put it in chronological order. Kids albums tend to be one 2 page or 4 page spread after another. It's just a series of events that happened in one kid's life.
I think you can do the same thing. Make an album that is a series of events that have you have done. I'd do it in chronological order, but that's just what I prefer.:D

My only album that is themed is my Disney. Oh yeah, and Christmas. My others are just in chronological order. Each of my DS has a book that I do their special events for. I'm the same as Grover, alwayslike to do a 2 page spread so it looks alike when the book is open.

Of course it depends on how you define your subject!

I have separate albums for particular trips but then I have albums for my kids. Because they are heavily involved in Scouts they each have a Scout album. But anything and everything associated with those experiences goes into those albums. Also have a football album for DS. Actually it is moving into 2 albums. Spinning when I filled one I started a new one. Split middle schoool/freshmen season and JV/varisty seasons - at least that is the plan assuming he keeps playing.

There are also albums in the works for each of them, probably sets eventually, that go year by year and include camps, holidays, school events - whatever. Someday (if I ever get caught up LOL!!) I plan to do some general family albums also.

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter