Multi day, multi class, same resort

xipetotec

DIS Veteran
Hey all,

So over the last couple of.months, I've been able to cobble together a week long reservation at the boardwalk by grabbing one day at a time. I've now got all my days and usually i can call member services and have them combine into a single reservation.

The problem here is that the 2nd and 4th day are in a boardwalk view room, the rest are value..

I know it's ultimately down to availability, but had anyone has a similar situation where the hotel was able to let them just stay in the room they check into? Especially that I'm okay losing the couple of points to stay in a value room, even if two nights are supposed to be in more expensive views. I know they maintain inventory beyond the point based inventory. I don't imagine there's anything member services can do.

Really hoping to just be able to stay in one place.

Hey all,

So over the last couple of.months, I've been able to cobble together a week long reservation at the boardwalk by grabbing one day at a time. I've now got all my days and usually i can call member services and have them combine into a single reservation.

The problem here is that the 2nd and 4th day are in a boardwalk view room, the rest are value..

I know it's ultimately down to availability, but had anyone has a similar situation where the hotel was able to let them just stay in the room they check into? Especially that I'm okay losing the couple of points to stay in a value room, even if two nights are supposed to be in more expensive views. I know they maintain inventory beyond the point based inventory. I don't imagine there's anything member services can do.

Really hoping to just be able to stay in one place.
You will have to move. Someone else has those standard view rooms booked, which is why you haven't been able to get them. While DVC maintains some inventory, it's not in every room category or even in the same resort. It's very likely that there are no standard view rooms at BWV held in reserve by DVC.

I don't think it hurts to stop by the front desk at check-in to see what they can do for you, particularly if it's at a "less busy" time. I was able to stay in a BW view room when I politely asked at the front desk if it was a possibility of staying in the BW view room (I was fully prepared to change rooms). Granted, I had one night in a BW view followed by one night in a garden/pool view, and because you're bouncing around a bit it may be even less likely. But, it's not unheard of and it doesn't hurt to ask because although DVC operates at full occupancy, sometimes people can't make their trip last minute.

Thanks everyone, I do indeed have a waitlist for those two days. It's just that I *also* have the full week booked at Saratoga Springs, but we *really* wanted the boardwalk. My wife is wheelchair bound, and the convenience of being on the boardwalk ( no busses or cars needed to two of the parks ) is major for her. So it's really down to "do we take the gamble" and cancel Saratoga, or just take Saratoga where we know we don't have to move. And our window to cancel without penalties is fast approaching.

Thanks again, I appreciate all the replies

I've had a few of those types of reservations, and like you, hoped the hotel might giver me pixie dust and not make me move-but it never happened that way. Sorry!

I've had a few of those types of reservations, and like you, hoped the hotel might giver me pixie dust and not make me move-but it never happened that way. Sorry!
Same for me. We were able to reduce a last-minute five moves spring break trip down to two moves. It was down to one Tuesday night in AKV Kidani that never opened up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!