• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MS told me I was wrong, now I find out I am right!

FreeTime

DIS Veteran
I spoke to MS on Saturday and explained I had points in a holding account that I wanted to useto make a reservation. The rep explained that I only had 32 points in a holding account and that I had 40 bankable points. I disagreed. She insisted that she was right. I called back to get someone else and got her again. She told me the same thing. Okay, so I must have made a mistake and hung up happily with 40 points to bank. I made plans. I called back tonight and am told that they were borrowed points and not bankable. So now there are no rooms available in the Disney Collection in December and there were on Saturday. I didn't make the reservation because I wanted to bank the points, using my holding account points elsewhere and pay cash. Oh well! Now I guess I will need to get a studio trip in before the end of my use year. I just wish that MS would have the right info!

do you know who you spoke with? this past summer I dealt with a woman who kept telling me I had no points until 2007. I knew she was wrong. Finally, after an hour on the phone I just got off. Anyways, I called right back, got someone else, and had the right point squoted to me. The first lady was reading my stuff a whole year off or something. and the worst part was she was so condecending!

I always write down the CM's name when I call MS, and I record it in my record sheet, so if something isn't right, I know who to blame! LOL. I usually know if they are feeding me a line of crap though, so I fight for what I know is right on the spot. I figure if you call back, you lose momentum for your point. Instead, ask to talk to a manager or supervisor to straighten it out.

I called MS last week, wanting to drop a night off an upcoming ressie and not sure whether or not those points would be bankable. To tell you the truth, I was pretty sure they were not (I had to borrow from '07 to make the ressie). Anyway I called to inquire and drop the night and was told they were bankable so I banked them then and there (didn't want to take a chance of calling the next week and finding I couldn't bank after all). So I guess the moral of the story is: bank when you're given the chance, even if you think MS is mistaken (or, especially when you think they are mistaken!).

Not a shocker. I dealt with a rude rep about a year ago. She was rude when she answered my (silly to her) question. She was sarcastic with her answer and it turns out her answer was WRONG.

The thought did cross my mind that I should have banked when I had the chance. What I have decided to do is pay the change fee on an upcoming crusie that we used points on (if an upgrade is avail). I figure the change fee + the points I will lose will be cheaper than upgrading at the port. Live & Learn! From now on I will only book for those that will definately be coming!

I too called to make a ressie with a CM who tried to tell me I didn't have any points. I was anal before calling about figuring out exactly what I had where and when. I insisted and she finally make the res without saying "oh sorry I was mistaken", or anything. So moral is don't necessarily take a CM's response as gospel.
By the way, I've spoken to probably a dozen CM's and she was the only one that wasn't thoroughly nice and professional.
I just happened to be chosen to do a survey on that call. Guess she might be one they had complaints about? :rolleyes1

So far I have not had any problems with MS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter