MPS family conference DISNEY 2014 TRIP REPORT!!

disneydude365

In dreams you will lose your heartaches
ok so this was probably one of the best trips I've ever had, great friend, awes conference and a smashing day at the park, and i can't wait to share with you all the details, I had wrote what was going on over time so each post will include time i was writing, and in title a little bit of a clue as to whats going on, there were some major problems turn up but just know thankfully as all disney stories do this one ends good!

sit back relax and i hope you enjoy the ride! and feel free to comment or ask questions! love some feedback!

1am december 18th
Ok so a lot actually happened on the first day of this trip, surprisingly I'm in the ER at the moment... How I got here is kinda my own fault I guess. I'll be honest I probably overdid with the walking, but I'm getting ahead of myself.
IMG_0855_zpsec42f101.jpg

DISNEYROOM.jpg

Today really started after we finally arrived at our resort (The contemporary) after a long drive I was more than happy to finally see our room. Sadly we were on the second floor, all the way at the end of the resort, so it is kind of a walk to get to anywhere from our room. The room though itself I thought was really nice though! After unpacking we decided to go and ride the monorail to see the Polynesian resort that our breakfast would be (Ohana breakfast). 2a055a88-05b8-49c7-8871-ba82b9501206_zpsntlognop.JPG
Once we found that and figured that we'd be able to find it the next morning we made our way to the bus stop, deciding on going to downtown disney, so mom and David could get some dinner. I decided on waiting on Triston who was flying in a little later. (Kinda wish I had ate a little bit more than what I had looking back lol).

IMG_0858_zps4fb6fe43.jpg
Once we got off the bus we walked around looking for somewhere to eat, and David led us to the rainforest cafe, I was kinda against it expecting a long wait time, but we were seated upon walk in. They ordered a couple of appetizer platters, and I ate some off of their plates. While we were eating I called and checked on Tristons Magical Express reservation making sure everything was set when he landed. Of course the moment i get someone on the phone the restaurant comes to life with noise and sounds making it almost impossible to hear, but finally I managed to get everything settled, and when I hung up the lady told me to enjoy rainforest cafe.

After dinner I made a quick run through the Days till christmas store, but mom was getting cold so we walked back to the bust stop and made our way back to the resort. Once we made it back to our room, triton called and said he had landed.. however said that his luggage had been put on a late flight, so he was trying to see how he would get his luggage. Finally though he was on his way to the resort, so I made my way back to the resort Lobby to wait for him. So far crowds were actually pretty nice not a lot of people, but I knew as it grew closer to christmas more, and more would arrive. I went over to the front desk while i was waiting and made sure my magic band was linked to my debit card, and they got it all straightened out.

Finally he arrived, and we hugged and chatted a couple minutes. I could tell he wasn't feeling one hundred percent well, as he was telling me last day of his ski rip he started feeling little rough with sinuses. Finally we started to make our way back to our room. Along the way we ran into one of my MPS friends Samantha who was also here for the conference. As you can see thats a lot of walking with just the cane for one day. Seeing as he was hungry, I got my mom to drive us to the main building to look for something open we could have for dinner. Here's where things started to go bad. The second I got in the car, my heart went off. An SVT attack. Honestly I felt like crap, the literal instant he gets here and my heart has to go off. What an awful welcome that must have been. (While this has happened before to me its not common and usually i can convert back on my own.) I told mom what was going on she had me lay down. I told Triston to go get some dinner and we'd be in the room which he was so nice about and understanding.

We tried everything, she tried throwing ice on me, breathing, all the tricks. It wasn't converting back. He comes in the room asking if i was ok as he had saw an ambulance in the parking lot, and was scared it was for me. Mom went out looking for the paramedics to see if they could help, luckily she found them, and they came to me. They gave me an IV with a large tube, and told me what they were about to give me was gonna feel funny, I just looked at Triston as they argued over little things. The whatever they gave me technically is supposed to stop the heat so that it stopes the SVT. It worked however, in my opinion it made me feel very heavy as if I was being buried. after they checked the monitor and made sure my heart rate was getting to normal they loaded me onto the gurney, and whisked me away to the ambulance to the ER for observation. Which is where I am now. Honestly I'm ok now heart beat is back to normal and they have done bloodworm and X-rays, they've cleared me and we're just waiting for the doctor to sign us out. e9f97917-a2a4-4515-9032-27305518919e_zpsjywlqgii.JPG
Im getting a little stir crazy as we've been here a good while David and Triston are on their way to get us. Mom has told me i'd be getting a scooter for the rest of the trip, at least for park day. Honestly I'm really glad I scheduled the breakfast for 10:45 am will give all some time to rest. Well this was definitely a rememberable first day at Disney, especially first ride to the ER in celebration.

You know even though I'm in the hospital I looked back, and it was still a pretty good day. Just needed to take it a little bit easier here on out.

Last edited:
4pm december 19th

Ok so i'll be honest the first day hit quite a speed bump lol, well after a night in the ER, and finally getting back to our room for a well deserved sleep it was time to wake up, and start getting ready for our breakfast at Ohana (A character breakfast). We were all kinda lagging a little due to the late night, but finally we were all ready, and on the monorail to the Polynesian resort. I was using my walker this morning since the scooter wouldn't arrive until later this morning after breakfast. Since I had made a reservation for this meal we didn't have to wait long for someone to get us and bring us to our table. Once we sat down we had a great view of the Cinderella castle, and some great sweet breads to hold us until the food arrived.

The food finally arrived in a big platter, and honestly it was really good (I'm not a big breakfast eater, but I was really hungry at this point) eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, and MICKEY waffles. As we neared the end of our breakfast we had a visit from Lilo (from Lilo and Stitch)
DSC_0001_zps0903303f.jpg

I had only seen her in the park one time in my life so I was really excited to see her, Triston wanted to know if he asked her if she would let him braid her hair. I just laughed and was like I don't think so. 92335493-b6ea-4e12-b0c3-6765c63eb9a3_zps8qp3chqs.JPG
After she Left Mickey Mouse made his way over to us (You gotta love Mickey) and he was decked out in his Hawaiian shirt.
IMG_0904_zpse50a81fb.jpg
3f51c320-18ba-4592-8bca-71a93fb6f236_zpsmwmqkyuc-2.JPG

Once we got the pictures, our server came by and gave us two maracas, and said we were to be in the Ohana parade. Basically all the kids and characters march around the restaurant to the song Hawaiian roller coaster ride. Triston was really into it. After we made it around the whole place once, and got back to our table I hoped out of the line and sat down, not wanting to try making it around again without walker or cane.
DSC_0008_zps401a945a.jpg
fdad10bd-6588-4e5e-955d-f8fab84c3de9_zpsu8v8rfcm.JPG
While we waited on the check Pluto came over, and shortly after him one of my favorites Stitch! (another character i'd never had the chance to meet in person so I was stoked about seeing him! Followed shortly after by a visit from Pluto!
IMG_0928_zps4052aca2.jpg
2f57ca6f-419e-4548-9918-9a2b832dcc13_zpskqjbhsls.JPG 5223f435-6c18-42b4-8201-d9aa486a05ef_zpsxfvyjgu4.JPG
After getting the pictures we made our way back to the monorail, so we could meet the guy who was delivering my scooter. As for Ohana I thought it was quite a nice place.

While was waiting on my scooter to arrive Triston decided to go to the hospital to get himself checked out. Turns out disney has a shuttle that will take guests to a Center Care from their resort so he called and scheduled one to pick him up with the next little while. While we waited for his shuttle I tried out the scooter, and it was pretty simple in my opinion, though it did go faster than I thought that it'd be able to. Once his shuttle got here mom and I headed back to the room to get some rest before the MPS conference activities began. I uploaded some of my pictures to my laptop, and just kinda chilled for a little while.

Triston then called saying that the center care had a three hour wait and wanted to know if we would come and get him (which of course we had no objection). So our GPS was not our friend it kept sending us to the wrong location. We didn't know which center care he had been took to, and the resort told us the one they sent guests to, well we got there ok, but he wasn't there. Then we tried his location, and we still weren't there. Finally i got the address to the Applebee's right beside the center care, and as we were pulling in i saw him heading outside. He wanted to get some med so we search for a Wallgreens and found one that had a walk in clinic however, it had about an hour wait. He wanted to just get over the counter med, but i decided that i needed to rest as to not strain myself and just sat in the chair. Mom agreed and told him he helped get me from the ER the last night, and that we could wait here for him.

Finally he gave in, and we waited lol, once he went back they tested for strep throat, which came back negative, and he didn't have a fever, but they decided to put him on some antibiotics to try and help clear up all the sinus problems. Once we got his prescription filled we were on our way back to the resort. He decided to rest some while mom, and myself went down an registered all of us into the conference, i'd come back and see if he wanted to go to dinner later. Howe wanted to rest knowing I had planned a surprise for later tonight.

Last edited:
11:30PM December 19th

Once we had signed in, and received all our info packets, and our badges we looked around a all the conference booths, we did some surveys, and talked to a couple of people. Dinner was starting earlier than expected so I headed back to the room to change, and to see if Triston wanted to sleep or eat. I chose my new custom Peter Pan tee shirt I had had made for the trip, and a long sleeve button down over it because the nights tend to get a little cool. After I got ready I was about to leave when triston woke up, and said he'd go to the dinner. There were so many MPS patients at this conference and the banquet was packed! Upon arrival the music was blasting loud (this coming from a deaf guy). the food choices were great mostly i just remember the Mickey mac and cheese.
There were some breakout meetings after the dinner but we had other plans after saying goodbye to mom, we headed over to check in to The pirates and palls firework voyage! We got a bandana, and a scavenger hunt to do while we waited for the event to start. It had clues to things you could find at the resort (you can find nearly all of them on the 4th floor of the contemporary) and they said we did it in record time. Finally the doors opened and we were ushered in to first part of the event. cotton candy, cake, ice creams, pretzels, chocolate coins were piled in the center of the room for the taking. Also in came Captain Hook, and Mr. Smee for photos. We chose to eat some treats and let the line die down for the photos. When it was our turn they were not a fan of my shirt, and refused to take a picture unless I covered it up lol.
DSC_0024_zps702a2701.jpg
b1687f63-ec9c-42c9-be1c-2ca3fc897b0c_zpswiuxt0ym.JPG
Right after we were done a nice woman came and took us ahead of everyone to the docks since with the walker they let us use the elevator.
She got us to the boat and we took our seat, we got a great seat thanks to the walker we were on the side that would be facing the magic kingdom later on. Finally the rest of our group started making their way down to the docks and loading onto the two boats (we were on the the Mr. Smee boat). Finally we were setting sail. We had a pirate captain, and he gave off some funny jokes, and had all the families introduce themselves. Soon enough we stopped and got to watch the electrical parade from the boat as all the floats were so close to us, it was truly something to see. Then as soon as it started it was over and we continued on our journey, this time parking in front of the magic kingdom, and we got waterside viewing of the Holiday fireworks show with the sound from the parks! the fireworks were awesome, even Triston loved them!
DSC_0037_zps19d05ee4.jpg
401a6260-2b67-45f7-8719-6e209c9a3509_zpsmb2deqkr.JPG The ending fireworks were awesome they were shot off from all over the park and I seriously think the best view was right where we were. Then our boat headed home. Along the way there was some pirate trivia, I won a sword from the question which land in the Magic Kingdom is the attraction Pirates of the Caribbean located? (answer is adventure land).
Finally we were pulling back into the docks when we heard something CROW! Who else but the one, the only Peter Pan!! That's right here to greet us back was Peter himself. So of course we got in line to say hello. We had an awesome Peter he was in high form tonight. I even heard him say to one girl "well get on with it girl" lol. The second he saw my shirt his eyes lit up and he was all over it, wanting to know how I had "flattened him".(Characters love to see themselves on the guests, it shows a deeper interest). We posed for some photos and he chatted back and forth with both of us, then we had to say goodbye and he told me to make sure I kept him clean, or have a girl wash it for me. Was so happy to get such a fun interaction with my favorite disney character!
IMG_0950_zpsc12a551d.jpg
e5f1d347-478f-4440-a45e-bd2d0f03b0a0_zpsnvmaum4z.JPG 69f93133-3c08-49e4-9bc6-b54f7a076df0_zps4fxhj7vh.JPG
On the way back to the room Triston said he was glad we went and that he was starting to feel better thanks to the med. Was really glad we didn't skip it myself, but I had told him if he wanted to rest I would have been fine with not going. Back in the room mom and David were asleep, so we got changed for bed and hit the hay. Have a full day of meetings tomorrow! Tonight was really fun.

Last edited:

well been posting but took a break from no response, about to post the next update writing it now. seriously feel free to voice your opinions thoughts or anything really! would like to know if its reading well, if its interesting or something lol

Wow It seems like the start of your trip was a bit rocky. I hope you and Triston are now both feeling better. I would hate to be sick on vacation. I returned from the World on December 24th and I was just starting to get all the sinus junk. I am just now getting over it. I am glad it waited till my last day.

Wow It seems like the start of your trip was a bit rocky. I hope you and Triston are now both feeling better. I would hate to be sick on vacation. I returned from the World on December 24th and I was just starting to get all the sinus junk. I am just now getting over it. I am glad it waited till my last day.

Thank you for the concern!! yeah the beginning of the trip had a few bumps but rest assured it starts getting better, and more fun!

Oh i know allergies hit me when i got home from the trip too!!

December 19th 11:45pm

Ok so yesterday was really pretty much epic! Today though we have a lot of MPS conference activities. So after we all got up and started to get ready we made our way to the breakfast area. Once we sat down we got to chatting with a fellow MPS society member who was actually from the UK (I believe). It was their first Family conference. Shortly after the meetings started.

First thing was the Welcome which was only about fifteen minutes. The first meeting we saw was hosted by Dr. Muenzer 347b2951-1121-42d2-b4f9-701eaee3dbf6.jpg (This is the man who led the clinical study on the drug that helps keep me alive), and it went over Potential new therapies and treatments for the different forms of MPS, they are currently looking at ways to enhance performance of my treatment for patients with mental problems, and the need to get past the blood brain barrier, and they have some upcoming trials in motion.

The following meeting was updates on research led by Dr. Matthew Ellinwood, and in my opinion it expanded a little more on the research parts of MPS, while still explaining the need for future therapies.

Then we listened in on the Orthopedic issues meeting led by Dr. William Makenzie. Honestly it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. When it started dealing with MPS2 though it did mention the carpal tunnel hand surgeries, even showed a picture of the hands cut open (I'd never seen that part..). I guess I was hoping on info as to what I can do to further improve. Got to remember just how far I've come already though.

So after three meetings and getting up at seven am I decided to sneak out and have a little break. I grabbed triston, and we made our way to the bus stop. We were headed to Downtown Disney for a very important errand, and grab some lunch. While waiting for our bus he was a lifesaver and dug out of his bag some candy! We discussed the meetings, and he seemed to sound like he was learning stuff and enjoying it too. Finally our bus came. Triston was surprised to see how accommodating the bus was for handicapped people (for those that don't know the bus will tilt, and has a built in ramp, and designated chairs that can be folded up to make room for wheelchairs or scooters. Once we are all loaded up we headed off, we had about three hours until we needed to be back.

Once at downtown disney we made our way just looking around, priority was food. We ended up choosing planet hollywood seeing as how he had never dined there before. We got walk in seating which again blew my mind. Overall lunch was pretty good, I know I enjoyed it. Plus its fun to see all the hollywood memorabilia. After we were done we ran into D-Street (Vinlymation store) I didn't buy anything though I wanted to haha. We were running low on time so we started to head back, luckily our destination was on the way. The Art of Disney store. It is one of the few locations that has an embroidery machine. We were getting Mickey ears! (My first pair if you can believe that). We both decided the classic black, with our names on the back. We started to have them shipped to our room, but found out it wouldn't be delivered till the next afternoon (we'd already be in the park by then) so, we ended up waiting for them to be done. Now racing to the bus as we were running late donning our new ears.
IMG_0974_zps722d5cc0.jpg
5385c57f-4f87-47ed-8696-cbef04956fff.jpg

We made it back a little late but, we didn't miss the meeting that was being led by Dr. Muenzer Management of MPS and other related diseases. From what I could tell it was mostly a question and answer round with him form the audience, people asking specific questions. After that meeting let out the next one came in. Shire updates. They basically told us what they could of future studies, and what they were looking for in the near, and distant future.

Now that the meetings were over we retired back to our room until the banquet started. Once we were all ready, we made our way. I'll just say this upfront the food in my opinion was a little too fancy for my taste. Luckily our waiter snagged us a plate of tater tots haha. Throughout the meal they acknowledged members and accomplishments other society members had achieved over the year. Several people were dressed up for the after Prom event. Honestly it was a nice ceremony all in all though, plus the dessert by far made up for the meal in my opinion.

Then it turned out they had one last small surprise for us over in the next room while they set up for the prom. Before we went to the room i got a picture with Barbara (who was head of the society and knew me back from when I was first diagnosed). In the other room waiting for us was CHARACTERS!! in total there was about nine I think they start out as four and then switch out with a new group. We ended up getting to meet Goofy, I managed to get Triston to see Cinderella (seriously owe him for that), and lastly we got to meet Chip & Dale.
IMG_1026_zpsc4f67cba.jpg
7b9e9432-3786-44e6-b31c-739427e01ae8.jpg 616628b4-772a-4b0e-bd7b-de2c7d7505b8.jpg 20cb4082-3a9a-4320-8f9d-0db82e11e30c.jpg That was an awesome surprise the society pulled out of their sleeves, and a great way to meet characters outside the park. After we got the pictures we voted on skipping the prom and just heading back to the room as I had to have to get up pretty early for the SPIRIT young adult meeting in the morning, and he will get to sleep in some. So while there were a fair amount of meetings today we did get some disney experiences!

Last edited:
Happy new year 2015!
Hope everyone had a wonderful New Years eve and day!

Working in the next post!

December 20th 12:30pm

Today was the SPIRIT conference, which is basically a meeting solely for young adults with MPS related diseases. Waking up before seven AM was starting to get old, and honestly I was a little jealous that Triston got to sleep in while I had to start getting ready. However, I finally rolled out of bed and started getting dressed. Once we finally found where we were supposed to go mom, and I started to eat some breakfast, a nice toasted cheesy egg croissant and yogurt, from the buffet. Sadly we learned a few minutes later that we were in the wrong room. Luckily we didn't get in trouble, but we did finish our food and rush to the right room.

I said goodbye to mom as this was for the young adults only, Samantha my friend from California was co moderating some of the discussions we'd be having. Starting off it was basically the usual introduce yourself bit, which was nice getting to know so many people that share something with you. Then we discussed how the conference had been, and I think we all agreed we wanted the SPIRIT part to be more towards the beginning so people had more time to hang out, and do things with each other. Another note is that there should be more meetings focused on us, the young adults. For so many years the conferences were for the families and children suffering from MPS. Well thanks to God, and new medical breakthroughs we are getting older. So, now we need things more focused on us in our adult phase.

We then split into two groups for discussion one for relationships, and one for real world experiences. I stuck with Samantha in relationships. We discussed friends, family, and some love interest. How it's not easy making friends at times, and how we feel like a burden to those we care about at times. I think these meetings are also good because some people feel safe dumping the struggles holding them down knowing that they are safe to do so.

Finally our last discussion we got back as a whole group and just reviews the highlights from each previous conversation. We ended with a group picture and made our way to lunch. Normally the meeting is longer but due to disney they shortened it giving people time for parks. When we were out I checked my phone and triston had let me know he was having lunch with some family that lived nearby and would be back soon. I let mom know we were having lunch and she got there pretty fast ha. While we ate they gave us our free tickets which I linked up to hers, and David's (step dad) magic bands.

After I ate, I ran off back to the room to change, and write this post. I'm also planning on hitting the gift shops in the main building of resort while I wait for Triston to get back from his lunch (still needing to get a few gifts before this trip is over). Then after he gets here Magic Kingdom here we come!

December 21st 2:50am

IMG_1008_zpsf41f5191.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Ok so from the monorail, we raced to the gate to the entrance of the Magic Kingdom. Crowds weren't too bad honestly, at least to what I had expected. They were however, still pretty crowded. Once we got passed security we got to the entrance gate, with a wave of our magic band, and a scan of our finger we were admitted into Main street USA area of the park. This area was probably the most crowded due to it's the only way in or our of the park, so it was quite contested. Our first stop was City Hall to see Guests Relations about getting the DAS card (Disability Assistive Service card) once we got in the process was honestly super fast they took my name, asked how many was in party and printed out my card and explained how it would work. Basically you go to an attraction and find a cast member who will write down a return time based on the standby line, you go and do something else until your return time, then when you come back you go through the fast pass line. Having that down we then went next door to the Fire Station, to get some Sorcerers of the Magic kingdom trading cards, each guest is allowed one pack per day (sadly we didn't get to actually play the game due to just never getting around to it).

Now with most everything done in Main Street we headed towards the central hub, along the way we tried to get a photo, but at last min had to get off the street due to the Parade. We chilled and watched it as it passed seeing who we wouldn't have gotten far trying to go ahead. We voted on getting the photo later when the parade was gone and the crowds started to thin, and ducked into the Emporium and raced our way through the shop bypassing all the crowds. Finally our of Main street and heading towards Frontier land I noticed the crowds were better still there but not as congested. We had a fast pass+ for splash mountain but I decided for us to by pass it real quick and to head over to Big Thunder Mountain where we used the disability card. The cast member was super friendly, and once we had our return time we made our way back to splash mountain. Once we got back to the fast pass line for splash mountain we were greeted and had to wait only a few minutes before they let us in where I parked the scooter, and had to walk a little ways to the ride. The cast member was awesome he even gave us a paper fast pass for any return time for Splash Mountain. we got the front of the boat! The ride itself was super fun, and it was the perfect time of day to ride. I explained the storyline to Triston so that he sorta understood what exactly was going on. He seemed to enjoy it, though he didn't get that wet, I on the other hand was soaked all on my right side.
image_zps9e2f664a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Once we got off the ride we looked at the time and it was already time for us to go ride Big Thunder Mountain, so off we went. Once we got there we got to go through the disability entrance where we parked my scooter. Once again we chatted with a cast member and this guy was awesome he gave us another paper fast pass but it was good for ANY attraction!
image_zps67109504.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]This is one of my favorite thrill rides in Magic Kingdom so I was excited. Once again we had virtually no wait time, and were ushered onto the ride, this time we were on the back of the ride, which is the best since it gets the most bumps! It lived up to all I had been anticipating! There were some great views from of the park both of our first two rides.

Once getting balance back we made our way and grabbed my scooter, and tried to decide where we would head next. The next FastPass+ was for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train but, we had a little time to kill. We made our way to Fantasy Land so we'd at least be in the right area. after checking the my disney experience app we saw Mickeys PhilharMagic only had a ten minute wait. So we had a choice for what the next DAS card would be used for it came down to Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, or Peter Pans Flight. I told him I couldn't really explain it but, Pooh had a really cool scene in it so we needed up walking over to it, and getting a return time. Triston on the way to PhilharMagic grabbed a coke to drink. Once in it was a little bit of a wait but not bad as we were first in line by the door. I think he enjoyed it. It's a great little movie that reaches all your senses. Love the aladdin scene.

Once we were out of that it was time for our next Fast Pass+ Seven dwarfs Mine Train a new edition to the Magic Kingdom that I had been anticipating! While I sincerely loved it it was very similar to Big Thunder Mountain, just different scenery. As for the scenery it was very well detailed, and its nice they put Snow White back in the park after taking away her previous attraction. Once we got off that ride and found our ay out it was time for Pooh. I could tell Triston was a little unsure of this choice as it does appear to be a kiddy ride, but hey it's a classic. The minute we hit the Mirror room I knew he liked it though. Like I said it's hard to explain but something about it is really cool for such a short ride.
image_zps8070ad06.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After that we went and used the DAS card again and got a return time for Peter Pans Flight, with me only saying that the London scene was really my favorite of the ride. Having some time to kill i thought now would be a good time for photos!

So I traced back to the castle and found the rose garden where they have a stationed area for photos that has the castle in the perfect position. Took me a little while to find it I'm sad to admit, but once I did was super glad. the Photographer was sweet, and I noticed that once we were done people had seen us and a huge line had formed.
DSC_0095_zpsfccbda28.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]While we tried to make our way out we bumped into my friend Samantha (what are the odds?!). We chatted with her a little while the crowds were starting to annoy her. However, she said she had better day before this particular park as she was going to more than we had. While we still had some time to kill We had planned on going to Meet Peter Pan in the park something I've never managed and, was hoping for, but we still had time before we did that as well, as we had tried to meet him when it was posted. Say the time was wrong, and we we were told to come back. Triston saw the Carousel of Progress and thought it looked cool so we hoped into it seeing how it had no lines. It was fun, an timing would have worked out great.. if we hadn't gotten stuck and had to rematch the first scene a second time lol. I know we were both holding our breaths when it was over wondering if we were gonna move ha. Once we were out we had missed our chance for Meeting Peter due to he was a good ways away. We made our way for his ride instead. This was another classic Disney ride and, hopefully he enjoyed it.

I was getting hungry about now, and I think he was too so we made our way to new FantasyLand for our reservations at Be Our Guest (A reservation I got by pure luck, and countless tries). We passed it and looked around the gift shop by Gastons tavern, and eventually made our way into the Tavern so he could sit and we just chilled a little while waiting for our reservation time. Once it was close enough we went back to the Bridge entrance and checked in they gave us a pager and before we knew it we were being ushered in, the doors closing behind us. We got to eat in the ballroom with the chandeliers that looked right out of the movie. Honestly we got the most perfect table it was by the huge windows overseeing the falling snow and right beside the huge christmas tree, we really lucked out on the table.
DSC_0102_zps2e2a81d4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1039_zpsb26c2fd7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Everything was really fancy I had seen some pictures online but I honestly didn't know what to expect, it was really nice. Our waitress brought our drinks and rolls, with the best butter I've ever had (seriously). Once we ordered we really just chatted and caught up with each other some. Was nice. Then apparently ever so often the Beast makes an entrance and walks through the dining rooms, showing his presence. Our food was brought out I had ordered salmon, and he had got sea scallops I think. Whatever he got he said it was great, which with my own order I had to agree. Finally it was time for dessert. The waitress brought the trolly over and explained what each was Triston asked her what the Gray stuff was, and she grinned and replied "its delicious just ask the dishes". I chose the gay stuff,
IMG_1045_zps2d9c49fb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]he chose an eclair he tried a bite of mine curiosity over the gray stuff over chocolate brownie tart. It was good but we both agreed it was very similar to whipped cream lol. I tried a bite of eclair, never have had one before.
1930d8bf-cce6-4071-9adc-9711bba847b0_zps78d8626c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Now i can sincerely say I like them ha. I could tell it was getting chilly so after the meal we had agreed to rush back to the room to grab coats, but first we git a picture at our table by the window and tree. Then on our way out we got to meet the Master of the castle the Beast.
image_zps0ee3b30e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]I wasn't worried if we missed our space mountain fast pass since we had the paper one good for anything as a back up.

Getting out of the Magic Kingdom was so hard literally couldn't move trying to get out. We agreed main street pic would be better when we came back. Finally we were back on the monorail heading back to our resort. While we were heading to the resort we got a monorail view of the firework show it was honestly perfect timing. That is a good thing about the resort being so close to the park makes for easy quick trips if you need something. Once we had all we needed from the room we made our way back to the park lol. only enough getting in was easier than getting out was. We noticed that we had lost the DAS card, so we tried to make our way back to city hall to get a new one, but was delayed due to electrical parade, finally though we made it and they were super understanding and got a new one right away back outside we just hung out and watched the parade.

Now that we were all ready we made our way to TomorrowLand of the park we saw Stitch great escape had no wait so we got in standby line I knew he'd enjoy this ride and I think I was correct. I personally love Stitch so his ride is always fun. after we went ahead and got a DAS for Space Mountain. then went back and used our paper fast pass. It was a long walk to be honest, i had never ridden it before so I was surprised at how far you had to walk to get to the ride. Finally we made it they gave me the front seat. Let me be honest I was nervous ha. It turned out to be a blast! Not as bad as I had imagined it to be. Once we were off we went back to the fast pass line this time I had him push me (bless him) honestly don't think I could have made it without any kind of help. We noticed though that the wheelchair line once you got to the ride was really slow, they only do so many chairs at a time so we needed up waiting 20 min when standby was 10. This time we switched seats (picture was much better of me this time around the first time i looked scared ha).
image_zpsa89537b8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]It was getting late and I could tell he was tired. We found a place to rest and he had another coke, we decided on skipping splash mountain since it was so chilly and it would be our last ride, and we decided on Big Thunder Mountain, and then getting some pictures on main street with our ears. When we got to the ride the Cast member didn't even ask for our book after we told him we wanted return time he told us jut to go ahead and get in line now! This ride is totally one you should always do twice one during the day and one at night. Just really cool experience.

Finally we slowly made our way to Main street watching out for the Parades. I ran into the shops and looked around some and got myself a Stitch shirt that I had seen a lot throughout the trip. Finally we got our main street castle pic!
014be20a-aae7-447d-83c5-577916454ee5_zpsae433f4e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] I was thrilled, after we started making our way to the exit we noticed it was snowing!

Finally it was time to say goodbye to the Magic Kingdom, we boarded the monorail, and made our way back to the room. Honestly we got a lot done in one day. Hopefully I didn't push him too hard lol. Tomorrow we head back home, leaving behind this magical place. I have to say this has been a memorable trip, and honestly one of the best I've ever had. I'll be a little sad when it's over, but it was such a good trip, an to get to spend it with such a great friend made it all the better. Well better try and get a little bit of sleep lol, or at least try not to wake up anyone else.

I think that's great you got 2 anytime paper FP's from the CM's :thumbsup2 We haven't had that luck yet on our trips since FP + started.

You did get a lot done in one day; glad you guys enjoyed your time in the MK pixiedust: I know you had been worried about crowds for that day but it sounds like that wasn't a problem. Too bad you didn't get to meet Peter though-good excuse for another trip ;)

I think that's great you got 2 anytime paper FP's from the CM's :thumbsup2 We haven't had that luck yet on our trips since FP + started.

You did get a lot done in one day; glad you guys enjoyed your time in the MK pixiedust: I know you had been worried about crowds for that day but it sounds like that wasn't a problem. Too bad you didn't get to meet Peter though-good excuse for another trip ;)

oh i know right i was so happy at how things worked out time wise, and getting to ride so many great attractions! yes i was very excite to see pixie dust thrown out in that form, and was really surprised! ill be honest the crowds were getting pretty bad main street in a scooter was almost impossible to get through, but once you got out of main street things were great!!

and yes, yes a very good excuse for a trip..
we are actually planning a day trip for downtown disney and fireworks cruise me and another friend while we are having a short vacation in seminole FL, and then in sometime oct-noveber a week trip is being discussed just gotta figure out when everyone is free lol (I've already declared that meeting peter within the park is my must do!)

while there were some problems it was definitely on of the best trips I've been on, i just hope my friend had a good time

oh i know right i was so happy at how things worked out time wise, and getting to ride so many great attractions! yes i was very excite to see pixie dust thrown out in that form, and was really surprised! ill be honest the crowds were getting pretty bad main street in a scooter was almost impossible to get through, but once you got out of main street things were great!!

and yes, yes a very good excuse for a trip..
we are actually planning a day trip for downtown disney and fireworks cruise me and another friend while we are having a short vacation in seminole FL, and then in sometime oct-noveber a week trip is being discussed just gotta figure out when everyone is free lol (I've already declared that meeting peter within the park is my must do!)

while there were some problems it was definitely on of the best trips I've been on, i just hope my friend had a good time

Bless your heart. I bet he had a wonderful time. What a great trip.pixiedust:

ok so I've finally figured out how to add photos! who wants to see some edits made to put the pictures in? well I'm working on adding all the pictures to each post that i have. I hope you like them!

Following along. The addition of pictures is a nice touch. It looks like you had a great time! :goodvibes

Following along. The addition of pictures is a nice touch. It looks like you had a great time! :goodvibes

im glad you enjoyed it and yeah finally figuring out how to add pics was a milestone lol

it was a great trip!!

Glad you had a great trip. Sounds like it was a fun time spent with your friend!! :)

THANKS!! it really was fun, and nice getting to hang out with him after not getting to see him for 6 months, i swear getting older really just gets harder lol. thankful to have got to share such a great trip with a best friend

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter