MPS family conference DISNEY 2014 TRIP REPORT!!

What a wonderful trip it looks like you had! Great character interactions, especially Peter Pan. He's one of my favorites too.

I really got tired of getting up so early at disney too! Such long days can be hard but it is so hard to remind yourself to take a break :)

You look like you really enjoyed yourselves with the characters and the rides. I remember you were concerned about interacting with the characters, how did it work out?

Loved seeing the pictures of you and your friend on Space Mountain and Splash Mountain (two of my favorite rides!) You looked like you were having a blast! :yay:

I really got tired of getting up so early at disney too! Such long days can be hard but it is so hard to remind yourself to take a break :)

You look like you really enjoyed yourselves with the characters and the rides. I remember you were concerned about interacting with the characters, how did it work out?

Loved seeing the pictures of you and your friend on Space Mountain and Splash Mountain (two of my favorite rides!) You looked like you were having a blast! :yay:

due to the begging of the trip and al the medical, hospital, clinics we definitely were cautious the park day trying to not over do it, being in a scooter, i had to keep reminding myself that he wasn't, and don't need to push him to far, breaks are nice an very important but when only one day its easy to push them aside, i personally don't mind missing rope drop for exchange of sleep I'm a night owl by nature so staying late in the parks is better for me anyways haha

interacting with characters: we managed to actually meet a lot of characters this trip i was really happy with the total, with the meals i have to say those are mostly just for quick photo opportunities in my opinion just because they have to go table to to table but i know sometimes some people get more attention which is good!
with face characters i tried to be a little more outgoing but sometimes i cracked and was still shy (old habits die hard lol) but i definitely made progress and had some interesting interactions with Cinderella, Captain Hook, and Mr. Smee were just funny as they refused to get picture took with me because i had chose to wear a Peter shirt that was probably funniest interaction even without any talking a lot was said. then my favorite was peter we actually had some dialogue going and it was because he saw my shirt, i also observed and its true the characters love to be seen. so when custom stuff is seen they go a little but extra for the fan

I loved space mountain i was really worried about the ride since it was my first attempt at it but it wasn't bad at all! there is a previous picture where i am up front not sure whats about to happen and kinda nervous/scared lol splash has always been a favorite for me!!

What a wonderful trip it looks like you had! Great character interactions, especially Peter Pan. He's one of my favorites too.

thank you!! I'm honestly a fan of the film and book, so getting to see him in real life is always fun and exciting! i finally ignored all the stares i get when told my favorite character is him :rolleyes1

He (from two times I've actually met him) is definitely one of the most animated characters you can meet!

I had read your whole TR before you added the pictures and just went through and re-read it WITH the pictures! Love them and glad you figured out how to add them :thumbsup2 Maybe if I can figure out how to add pictures, I'll do a TR someday lol

ok so this was probably one of the best trips I've ever had, great friend, awes conference and a smashing day at the park, and i can't wait to share with you all the details, I had wrote what was going on over time so each post will include time i was writing, and in title a little bit of a clue as to whats going on, there were some major problems turn up but just know thankfully as all disney stories do this one ends good! sit back relax and i hope you enjoy the ride! and feel free to comment or ask questions! love some feedback!

I just started reading your TR! I am so glad you are writing one!
I need to catch up so I will reply soon. I am subscribing!

dec 21st 8pm

So today is the last day, ad i am always sad the last day. Getting up was almost impossible.., but thats probably because i didn't fall after we got back from the park until about 5am.. it was 7am when we had to start getting ready lol. So after hastily trying to pack everything and get everything ready for check out i was dressed and ready.
I had to meet the scooter company to return the scooter. However, i couldn't not run into a few shops before :rolleyes1 once there i managed to buy a few things as i quickly browsed the shop the cast member was so nice and helped me find my size in sleep pants (the mens holiday style) when the only size was on the display lol. I grabbed my dad a keychain, and my other friend some earrings. and i finally found the pillow i had been secretly looking for the one that says never grow up!
IMG_1064_zpsybfg57jx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] was really happy to have found this gem! mostly i could only find be our guest which is nice itself but i had my heart set on this. Now getting back to the main lobby in the scooter proved more hard than i anticipated as i usually had someone with me to help with elevator and doors, this time i didnt lol, so after a long time finally some sweet couple held the door for me and i was flying to meet the guy and my mom, i was late lol.

Once the scooter was gone, i took my purchases and loaded up the car i noticed he was wearing the shirt i had bought him while i was waiting for him to get back from lunch on Magic Kingdom DAY, which was cool because of course i was wearing my Stitch shirt.
Finally, we were on the road waving goodbye. it was kinda funny the rain held off the entire trip but the day we leave it came. I looked over and Triston was passed out asleep, i sincerely hope i didn't push him to far.
IMG_1063_zpsp8ypy4po.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]My mother had gotten in my head of how bad a friend i was being when he was tired, yet i kept making him go back to the park, or go out to do the pirates and palls.. )kinda a sour taste when thinking back about that. So i guess i hope he had fun and i didn't overdo it.
I had my headphones and was jamming to my music (disneymania songs haha)
IMG_1071_zpsjy8cgkqk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] and a better shot of my new shirt!!
IMG_1067_zps83f7tfle.jpg

now the drive home was pretty uneventful, other than the weather slowly growing back to cold lol, i think everyone either was asleep or like me reading. we stopped to eat, and to get gas a couple times, and finally we were home. We ended up having to meet Tristons parents, and i had my dad pick me up at the same place. Im not good at goodbyes and honestly its a wrongly titled word there isn't anything really good about a goodbye, it wasn't a badbye more like (at least to me) a sadbye.
All the parents talked and chatted which was kinda weird but good lol. we hugged saying bye and we got into separate cars, and it was over. i was honestly really tired as i was the only one who didnt sleep on the car ride home, i never can always afraid ill miss something. So before this post comes to an end. i did end the night before bed thinking of all the magic
IMG_1072_zps7fdzufcb.jpg
IMG_1072_zpsim8m7qjd.jpg
[/URL[/IMG]

this was truly one of the best trips to disney i have ever had, and yes in the back of my mind I'm planning more trips lol but this one will always stand above all the others, now I've gotta get ready for the christmas season!

Last edited:

I had read your whole TR before you added the pictures and just went through and re-read it WITH the pictures! Love them and glad you figured out how to add them :thumbsup2 Maybe if I can figure out how to add pictures, I'll do a TR someday lol

im so happy to hear you read and re-read my TR it means a lot sincerely it does! i was thrilled about the pictures it adds so much color to the story i think, if you want we can PM and i can give you the details about how to post them!
again thank you!!

I just started reading your TR! I am so glad you are writing one!
I need to catch up so I will reply soon. I am subscribing!

Im so happy to you are enjoying it, and i hope you continue to enjoy it!! i technically wrote it while i was at disney in my notes on my phone and waited till i got back to start posting the posts to sorta extend the experience lol

again glad you are enjoying !! thanks!!!

I agree about last days at Disney....they are so sad! Only thing that comes close to helping is planning your next trip. Do you have an idea about when you will go back?

You hardly slept at all on that last day! I hope you got to catch up on you sleep when you got back home :)

I really like the last picture montage...nice work!

I have wanted to stay at the Contemporary. What did you like most? What about your least favorite thing there?

Thank you so much for sharing your TR. I have really enjoyed it :thumbsup2

the last day is always awful, mostly because you know your leaving one reality for your normal reality. at disney things are different.

well i am actually planning a short weekend trip to seminole florida with my mom and a friend, and we are planning a day trip to orlando, spend the day in downtown disney then I'm taking her to the pirate and palls firework cruise as she really wants to experience it and I'm all for that!!
then me and her are planning a trip this fall with her family for about a week!! (longest I've ever stayed onsite, usually only get to stay onsite with the MPS conferences, and those are short trips filled with medical lectures lol)

Once i got back it was literally all the choristers celebration stuff so to be honest I'm still messed up on sleep schedule lol

thank you i was happy with it as well sorta captures the fun in a way! and easy to glance at it as oppose to four pictures lol (hope that doesn't sound lazy lol)

The contemporary is by far my favorite deluxe resort, its proximity to MK is a huge plus for me, as well as just the theme its very modern looking at first glance but if you keep looking you'll find lots of hidden mickeys

i guess the only dislike is how far some of the rooms are away from the main lobby. makes for a lot of walking if you are the poor soul who gets those rooms such as i. (oh the elevators need to be bigger it was very difficult to get a scooter in. you had to try and angle it due to the door could close if you drove straight in. this was not all elevators but there were several i noticed this problem lol.)

Found your TR today and enjoyed it!

Be Our Guest all done up for Christmas...wow! It's impressive on a normal day, but I loved your pictures with the holiday additions.

I'm tossing around the idea of adding in a fireworks cruise. Love that Peter was there to meet you after Pirates and Pals!

Found your TR today and enjoyed it!

Be Our Guest all done up for Christmas...wow! It's impressive on a normal day, but I loved your pictures with the holiday additions.

I'm tossing around the idea of adding in a fireworks cruise. Love that Peter was there to meet you after Pirates and Pals!

omg it was amazing i love christmas so much so to see it all decked out was just my style!! I'm so glad y'all got to go as well! thank you for reading i just got through reading yours and it was awesome!

i highly recommend it as I'm actually planning on a third cruise haha!!

I really enjoyed your TR! Looks like you & your friend had a great time, minus the rocky start. Loved your pictures. So glad you were able to add them! Our Disney trip is about two months away, and I'm hoping to snag a BOG reservation. I've had dinner & lunch there before, but am hoping for another dinner reservation.

I didn't know what MPS was when I started to read your report, so had to look it up. Seems very challenging, and I think it's awesome that you seem to choose to live life with a glass half full attitude! Looking forward to reading your future trip reports. :)

I really enjoyed your TR! Looks like you & your friend had a great time, minus the rocky start. Loved your pictures. So glad you were able to add them! Our Disney trip is about two months away, and I'm hoping to snag a BOG reservation. I've had dinner & lunch there before, but am hoping for another dinner reservation.

I didn't know what MPS was when I started to read your report, so had to look it up. Seems very challenging, and I think it's awesome that you seem to choose to live life with a glass half full attitude! Looking forward to reading your future trip reports. :)

im so glad you enjoyed it i tried to write it the best of my abilities and in a way that sorta flowed lol. i know personally i had a great time, and truly hope that he did as well.

i know you must be getting the disney countdown syndrome, i always start to get it right at the 3 months point i know kinda premature but oh well haha.

I understand no need for defense after one trip i feel an attempt is required to snag a reservation for a meal!

yeah there is no real easy way to jump into the description lol, but I'm glad to hear someone looked it up!! at times yeah its.. hard. however, yes i try to aways look at the positives, i mean i get to go to disney still lol, I'm still alive, I'm not wheelchair bound, graduated high school when told id never pass middle. i have a couple sincerely close/awesome friends.

i believe that in life we have to accept the bad things that happen otherwise we wouldn't appreciate the good times. how i try to live my life and hope thats how people see me.

i look forward to writing more!!

again thank you for taking the time to read i appreciate everyone who takes time to read my report!

I'm another who enjoyed your report AND looked up MPS!

I also loved the pictures your posted in the thread about adults taking pictures with characters - you look like you were having so much fun. And your friend looks like he was really enjoying himself as well.

I'm another who enjoyed your report AND looked up MPS!

I also loved the pictures your posted in the thread about adults taking pictures with characters - you look like you were having so much fun. And your friend looks like he was really enjoying himself as well.

glad you liked it as well!! and thank you for your opinion!!

i love that i had the chance to meet so many characters in one trip!!

ok slowly getting the pictures back up! the update messed them up, so far only way I've found to replace the images is to resize them and download back to computer then upload them through the new system. (doable just time consuming and with bad internet even longer lol)

Hey Disneydude,
This popped back to the top of my "watched" list after the update and prompted me to ask - what did you end up getting your friend as a gift? Just curious (you can totally feel free to tell me that it is none of my business).

Hey Disneydude,
This popped back to the top of my "watched" list after the update and prompted me to ask - what did you end up getting your friend as a gift? Just curious (you can totally feel free to tell me that it is none of my business).

ill be honest a little lost as to which gift you're referring to (i had another thread posted about a gift for a friend posted) so not sure if you mean from this post or another lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter