Moving to Orlando!!!!!

Chil Sung

Mouseketeer
Hi....This is probably more for Central Florida residents, or someone who knows said area pretty well!!

Okay, here's the deal.....My fiancé, and I are moving to the greater Orlando area in about 14 months, and though I've read lots of stuff on various communities, I was wondering if any of you know which of the following cities/towns/communities would be the best in which to live......(Keep in mind, school systems are out of the equation, since we opt NOT to have kids, and I think neither the Maltese, nor the Yorkie will be attending school in the area!! )

What I have so far -

Hunter's Creek (The Vistas)
Winter Park
Stoneybrook West
Baldwin Park
Avalon Park
Celebration
Vista Lakes
Wintermere Pointe
Poinciana

HELLLLLP!!!!!

You might want to post this on the community board, probably get plenty of responses there.

I know this isn't going to be too helpful...but part of where you choose to live...you might want to base on where you will be working. Commuting in the Orlando area can be awful. I live in Kissimmee because it is close to where I work.

If you want info on any area feel free to PM me and I will tell you what I can. Oh and since I noticed your home city...I grew up in Medford MA right on the Malden line.

Hi....This is probably more for Central Florida residents, or someone who knows said area pretty well!!

Okay, here's the deal.....My fiancé, and I are moving to the greater Orlando area in about 14 months, and though I've read lots of stuff on various communities, I was wondering if any of you know which of the following cities/towns/communities would be the best in which to live......(Keep in mind, school systems are out of the equation, since we opt NOT to have kids, and I think neither the Maltese, nor the Yorkie will be attending school in the area!! )

What I have so far -

Hunter's Creek (The Vistas)
Winter Park
Stoneybrook West
Baldwin Park
Avalon Park
Celebration
Vista Lakes
Wintermere Pointe
Poinciana

HELLLLLP!!!!!

Sorry I don't know anything about those areas, but I just wanted to say "Good Luck" - and I'm JEALOUS you'll be so close to WDW!! LOL..

Nothing to add either...other than jealous and a hearty congratulations and good luck!

Winter Park is a very nice area. We lived near there(Winter Springs) 8 years ago.

We toured Celebration last September, and I would love to live there. You'd have to be comfortable with someone telling you what color you can paint your house, and having lots of tourist, but I loved it. I loved the architecture, and the town square. Can't help with any other places though, sorry. I am also jealous of you moving there, but congrats to you!

We are also moving to the Orlando area in about 11 months. Now, of course, since we do have children, school systems are very important to us, therefore we are not going in the Osceola/ Polk County areas. We have found some nice areas in Lake, Orange and Seminole Counties. We are going in 2 weeks to look at neighborhoods and homes with a realtor that works with Coldwell/Banker. I will be glad to let you know what we see while we are there.

Just got back from Avalon Park and LOVED it there. I was just about ready to pick the model we wanted to build and DH had a change of heart. WAHHHHHHHH!!!

Avalon Park seemed to be for me.
Another nice area with good schools seem to be Oviedo.

I know this post is old, but let me know where you guys decided to move.

Joanna

Again, I know this is an old post BUT... Avalon Park is just like Celebration, with its own little main street etc. but MUCH more reasonable. If anyone is moving to the Orlando area, I would at least recommend checking out Avalon Park.

Joanna

Apopka is a nice area, too....:D

My parents are in the process of moving there, too. My Mom will likely be looking for new friends, if you want to look her up later....:D

OUt of the ones you have listed, I would choose Hunter's Creek, Stoneybrook West, Celebration, or Windemere Point. Lake Mary also has some nice homes. Also, if you haven't checked it out yet, you might want to look at some of the new communities springing up in Clermont. That is where we will be moving in 6 weeks!

Good luck...

My 5-year-plan will climax in me hopefully moving to Florida in 2008.

I've heard good things about Winter Park...I'm looking to info about there. Maybe you should, too...

Sincerely,

John "anotherboardnposter" Kilduff

We came VERY close to moving down to Florida(DH even had a job) but we decided to stay up here and go to PA instead.

We made 3 trips down to check out areas and neighborhoods and saw a few you mentioned- here's what I thought.

Hunter's Creek (The Vistas)- VERY pretty. The houses were beautiful and very reasonably priced. Although you don't get big yards, they're a decent size.

Winter Park- I really didn't see a lot of winter park but what I saw I wasn't a big fan of north of the center of Orlando in general.

Celebration- VERY expensive and tiny yards. First trip we loved it and were ready to down size in house to move there. 2nd trip we started to have second thoughts, especially after seeing the size of the houses you could get outside of Celebration for a lot less money. Third trip we ruled it out. It just wasn't worth the $$ to us and we really like to have a nice yard and the lots were just too tiny for us there.

Poinciana- Very cheap. Being from NJ I almost fell over when I saw the prices it was unbelievable! It was nice there, it seemed pretty new and the trees haven't really grown in yet but very nice.

While we were down we asked anyine who would listen their opinions on the best places to live there and they always said Hunters Creek. People also had very good things to say about Celebration and Poinciana too. Another area mentioned frequently, usually along with Hunters creek, was the Dr. Phillips area.

In the end we decided on Hunters Creek because of the schools but if we didn't have kids we probably would've went with an area right down the street from there called the [bold]Weston reserve[/bold]. It was really nice, the homes were beautiful and very reasonable priced. It's right near Hunters creek and everything you can ever need is there.

I hope this helps you out!!

We hope to move to Central Florida in a couple of years.
Celebration is beautiful, but not worth the money. We love Avalon Park. It is very much like Celebration, without the cost.
We will be checking out more places next month.

Denine...if you have children in school, check out Oviedo.. All "A" schools and check out a community called "Live Oak Reserve" in Oviedo. Kingsbridge East and West is also nice and less expensive.

But, don't forget to check out Avalon Park. The high school and elementary school is on the community property with the middle school to be built on property and ready to go by 2005.

Joanna

Can someone give a little more info on Avalon Park.is here a website?

Thanks,Misty

WWW.AVALONPARK.COM

tHERE ARE 6 BUILDERS IN ALL PRICE RANGES. From flats to townhouses to single family homes. Prices are I think for a small 3 BR home from the 140's up to estate homes in the 400's.

The home we liked was over 2800 square feet with all upgrades, including corian counters, butlers pantry for about $220,000.

Hope that helps.

Joanna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter