Mousekeeping

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like knowing that in WA state there's no such thing as "server minimum", so when you tip you aren't responsible for bringing income up from 2.50 an hour like you are in some other states. Just worth knowing.

Would you please explain this to me? I'm not following. At restaurants, I tip based on the service I receive, not on the hourly wage the server receives. Are you saying that in WA they make more money hourly, so they are tipped less? Never heard of this.

We are a family of 4 (two boys) and I tip a minimum of 10$ a day (at a deluxe, CL usually). It sounds like a lot, but my kids & husband are a hot mess, and I appreciate how hard the housekeepers work keeping our room looking good.

We leave $1 per person (family of 5 so $5) per day. We prepare envelopes prior to going on our trip and leave one out each morning.

how much is appropriate to leave for them & when do you leave it? At the end of the week or everyday? Thanks for the help

We do the same as most posters here: kids prepare envelopes full of pictures and thanks in advance of the trip with $5 per day for our family of 4. They fight about who gets to leave the envelope out each morning. :) I'm a bit of a neat freak and we try not to lean too heavily on daily housekeeping. They've done a lovely job on our two trips this past year (3 resorts, 2 CL), including leaving us surprise treats!

IMG_2733.JPG

It depends on what they've done that day. If they're changing (not just making) beds, vacuuming, scrubbing the bathroom, then yes a tip of at least $5 is appropriate.

But if they're just handing me extra towels and soap when I pass them in the hallway I don't see why they need more than a couple of bucks, if that. It's not the job of the guest to pay the household bills of the housekeeper. That is what their employer and union is for.

However, I do think it's a nice gesture to leave a daily tip (even a dollar or two).

I have never heard of this, and honestly, I wouldn't care to follow that rule. Housekeeping is a tough position, that should be tipped.
I'm not saying it isn't a tough position but tips are based on performance imo.
You can find plenty of poor housekeeping threads here too and so leaving a tip on the desk before the job is completed doesn't make sense to me.
Of course there really isn't a way to do it after the fact like in a typical tipping situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter