Mousekeeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankebabie

DIS Veteran
how much is appropriate to leave for them & when do you leave it? At the end of the week or everyday? Thanks for the help

how much is appropriate to leave for them & when do you leave it? At the end of the week or everyday? Thanks for the help
$2-$3 per person per night, more if there is a huge mess to clean up (i.e. someone was sick during the night). Left each morning because mousekeepers can change from one day to the next. However, mousekeeping at Disney is not considered to be a tipped position so if you leave anything, it's because you're just being nice to someone and not out of obligation.

It is best to leave it daily because mousekeepers change around. We are a family of 4 and leave $5 per day.

We left $5 in the morning and $5 in the evening for turndown service at Wilderness Lodge earlier this month. Just two (very neat) adults.

Housekeeping is a non-tipped position at WDW as negotiated by their union. Valet parking, food and beverage servers and bell services are the only tipped positions at WDW.

Housekeeping is a non-tipped position at WDW as negotiated by their union. Valet parking, food and beverage servers and bell services are the only tipped positions at WDW.

I have never heard of this, and honestly, I wouldn't care to follow that rule. Housekeeping is a tough position, that should be tipped.

$5.00 a day...we make and stuff our envelopes before we even go some times or other times we make the envelopes ahead of time and stuff them when we get there..seems more personal and fun!

I have never heard of this, and honestly, I wouldn't care to follow that rule. Housekeeping is a tough position, that should be tipped.

And that is 100% fine.

But imo it's worth knowing that housekeepers aren't expecting tips, because that was what they agreed to.

It's like knowing that in WA state there's no such thing as "server minimum", so when you tip you aren't responsible for bringing income up from 2.50 an hour like you are in some other states. Just worth knowing.

We do $5/day (family of 4). I make special envelopes and we tip daily as it isn't always the same mouse keeper. DH and I are pretty type A, so I clean up the room every morning before we leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter