Mousekeeping

Left a tip each day in an envelope labelled "mousekeeping" on the night stand

Last edited:

Each day otherwise you may be giving one huge tip to a person at the end who only cleaned your room that last day and stiffing the ones who did it the rest of the time.

I was recently just down there for the Star Wars Challenge and stayed at Pop.. I tipped each day $5 while I was there. Even if I didn't leave a mess... I have friends that are CM and I know what CM's make. So out of kindness, I always Tip well.. But this trip Mousekeeping was slacking. I was there 5 days... I got only a signed photo of minnie and mickey on one day. and nothing the rest of the days.. When I have stayed before, at All Star, Mousekeeping left us all sorts of towel animals, extra shampoo, conditioner and soaps. and one day even chocolate.. It was so kind of them. But this time, I dunno, I was bummed at the fine age of 37 that I didn't get a towel animal!! Maaaannn *stomps feet *

At many high end hotels, although more patrons tip more often, the housekeeping staff is more likely to be paid much better (know from experience with a friend that worked at the Ritz in Kapalua and another Ritz in California - the housekeeping staff tends to work for many years). Not sure how it is at Disney, but if I choose to tip, I don't expect anything extra like towel animals.

Most folks do not consider daily housekeeping a tipped position. It's up to you.

If I call for, say, extra towels or a pillow, then of course I tip them maybe $5 or $2, depending.

I was recently just down there for the Star Wars Challenge and stayed at Pop.. I tipped each day $5 while I was there. Even if I didn't leave a mess... I have friends that are CM and I know what CM's make. So out of kindness, I always Tip well.. But this trip Mousekeeping was slacking. I was there 5 days... I got only a signed photo of minnie and mickey on one day. and nothing the rest of the days.. When I have stayed before, at All Star, Mousekeeping left us all sorts of towel animals, extra shampoo, conditioner and soaps. and one day even chocolate.. It was so kind of them. But this time, I dunno, I was bummed at the fine age of 37 that I didn't get a towel animal!! Maaaannn *stomps feet *

Disney stopped the practice of towel animals resort wide many months ago. Many folks, like you, came to expect them and complained loudly when they didn't receive them.

awwww man.. but I can see why.. and possibly budget cutting with everything going on with Disney Singapore and supposed Outsourcing it wouldn't surprise me. But I never complained until today. lol.. even if it was a mickey shaped towel on my bed I would have made happy with just that.. oh well... maybe at the Poly they might surprise me durning my stay... I still tip the staff, they work really hard at what they do! :)

We don't have them clean every day. Such a waste of resources. We have them in three times in 10 days and we tip every time two bucks.

We don't have them clean every day. Such a waste of resources. We have them in three times in 10 days and we tip every time two bucks.

This. I don't need new sheets and towels every day. No one does unless there's an accident of some sort. So, I put up the Do Not Disturb most days. On the day I need my garbage emptied or there's some issue that needs attention, I take off the Do Not Disturb and I leave $5 or so. I will never understand why people think they need daily housekeeping when they are barely in the room(s).

Officially, Disney does not consider housekeeping to be a 'tipped' position. Can you tip? Yes. Do you 'have' to? No.
I tend to hang out the 'privacy please' thingie every other day. I don't need new towels every single day. It's one reason I love staying DVC! No daily housekeeping.
When I do tip, at WDW, I leave $1 pp, in an envelope in the vanity. I write 'thanks' in English and in Spanish. That way the housekeeper knows, for sure, it's a tip for them!!

This. I don't need new sheets and towels every day. No one does unless there's an accident of some sort. So, I put up the Do Not Disturb most days. On the day I need my garbage emptied or there's some issue that needs attention, I take off the Do Not Disturb and I leave $5 or so. I will never understand why people think they need daily housekeeping when they are barely in the room(s).
Funny story....about 8 yrs ago, my dd and I traveled to WDW, with another mother and daughter. Celebrating the girls' 13th birthdays. I used my dvc points at BWV, for a two bedroom villa. Dd and I took the master, the other mom and dd took the '2nd bedroom' aka a studio. They were quite happy until the other mom found out there wouldn't be daily housekeeping! Dear God...I asked her what the issue was. Her response? We can't possibly use the same facecloth and towels each day!! Dd and I gave them all our 'extra' faceclothes and towels! We made do with one each! Until day 4 came and fresh towels were brought!

Personally I like my bed made every day. But I don't think Disney changes sheets everyday anyway. Between guests and every X days only. I always hang towels, etc. Yes, I realize I can make my own bed. I can cook my own meals too. But not on vacation. So I accept daily housekeeping and tip daily.

We were quite surprised on our trip last week to get not 1 but 3 towel animals one evening. First time since the mandate to stop came down. Made DGD so very happy. And my mom on her first trip just adored that little touch. I know they aren't supposed to though. And it's a shame so many came to complain when they didn't get them that Disney had to stop.

For those that suggested, they stopped well before Shanghai was an issue. It was due to complaints from those that didn't get them and the time it took for the Mousekeepers to try and please everyone. Can't do that so they had to stop

I make tip envelopes with a picture of where we are from. I don't expect my sheets to be changed
but, I do want fresh towels tho, as after my showers at home, I use a clean towel and wash
cloth... I don't expect any special service at all or treats. I do leave chocolate when I have
it...

we tipped $5.00 daily - they ended up leaving us a TON of extra soap and shampoo - we brought home 2 quart sized baggies of shampoo and a gallon sized bag of soap!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter