Mousekeeping tips

momof3cuteboys

Mouseketeer
Hi,
How much and how often do you tip mousekeeping? I'm thinking probably every day since its most likely different mousekeepers. How much is acceptable?
Jill

I give $5.00 per day and yes they do change up Mousekeeping so to keep it fair I give the same amount everyday. ;)

Same for me, I tip $5 a day. I make up cute envelopes for the mousekeepers and start collecting $5 bills when it's getting near my trip so that I can have the envelopes filled before I leave and I don't have to worry about coming up with change every day.

I tip $5 per day and DD makes envelpoes for me to put the tip in. I leave the tip every day.

I don't tip unless I've asked them to do something above and beyond the norm.

Housekeeping is not a tipped position at Disney which means they are not earning what servers are and having their income provided by tips. They are earning minimum and up just like the ride operators or the store clerks, hotel desk workers etc. Do you tip every ride operator you meet or the CM that gave you your room key?

We tip $5 per day. Typically make envelopes, but this year just left the money by the housekeeping "welcome" card on the bathroom sinks.

Housekeeping is not a tipped position at Disney which means they are not earning what servers are and having their income provided by tips. They are earning minimum and up just like the ride operators or the store clerks, hotel desk workers etc. Do you tip every ride operator you meet or the CM that gave you your room key?

The only difference is ride operators or the store clerks, hotel desk workers etc. don;t have everyday access to my personal goods...

I tip them, 5 or 10 bucks a day.

We have been told to tip $1 per person in the room at value and moderates. Don't know about the others!!

I don't know if we should tip mousekeeping or not. We've never left a tip for housekeeping at any other hotel. I'm not against it, just not sure if we are supposed to or not. Do they expect it? I would assume you have to leave the tip in the room before you leave for the day. It would be better to leave a tip after the fact, but if you leave it the day after, it could be a different person. What if you leave a tip, but then the person didn't do a very good job at cleaning the room? We usually tip people on how well they served us. At a restuarant if we get good service, we'll leave a good tip, and if the serive is poor, the tip will be less.

It's appreciated but not expected.

I tip $3 per day because I appreciate that these people work very hard, for very little money.

I also tip at other hotels I stay at.

thought i would be the only one that was going to say i don't tip but i guess i'm not alone.

I'm not sure I'd go that far. The ride operators, as someone else said, don't have access to my personal goods, and good Mousekeeping makes for a much more enjoyable trip.

Tips are optional by definition. We went to buffet here in NY and when waiter showed up to say hi, he pointed right away that tips are not included and he did it in sort of "you have to give tips" way. When we were about to leave he brought a book, the one they use for your check but we paid as we entered so it was empty, another hint for tips. I gave him nothing, I felt pushed and I always tip everywhere. As for room, we leave $3 a day.

I tip housekeeping at every hotel, whether it is considered a "tipped position" or not. It is a hard job, and honestly, if I can afford to stay at a hotel, I can afford an extra $5/day. I tip daily, because it is probably a different housekeeper every day.

If I'm going on vacation (as opposed to business trips) I make up envelopes beforehand. I just use regular envelopes and write "thank you housekeeping" on them. When I go on a business trip, I keep the "do not disturb" sign up the entire time (I'm not very messy and don't need housekeeping when it is just me in the room) and tip at the end.

The decision to tip is a personal one, and if you decide not to tip, I don't think you'll get worse service.

We tip usually about $5 per day. We leave it in an envelope we have made when we go out for the day. There have been times when it was still there when we returned???

I never tip housekeeping at any hotel. Why would you tip for services not yet provided? What if they don't do a good job cleaning your room that day? You just tipped them for poor service.

Opinions please -

I am going to Disney with my sister and her family, but I have my own room and will be the only person in it, what should I leave for a tip?

Hi,
How much and how often do you tip mousekeeping?

1) We do not tip Housekeeping.
2) They make more than most of the WDW hourly classifications.
3) Plus, the get
. . . incentive bonus to finish early
. . . room bonus for cleaning different rooms

I think the suggested rate is $1 per person per night. And, I usually leave a bigger tip on the last night, as I assume that mousekeeper has a bit more work to do to ready the room for the next guest.

If you goggle mousekeeping envelopes, I'm sure some websites will pop up that have cute envelopes you can print out, if you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter