Most meal for the Money

Leofoenget said:
Is that the one by tarzan tree house? If so then I have to agree. I got a turkey sandwitch and the thing was massive. Also we had a roast beef meal at the restaurant on main street right by tomorrow land with all the umbrellas by the bathroom. (sorry dont know names but its right as you enter tomorrow land) I think it's where they have the charactor breakfast? There was a TON of food. And the food was very good.

The place this person was asking/telling about.

The place by Tarzans treehouse. I think it's called the Riverbelle terrace. There is a sign/door right outside Tarzans treehouse, so go there LOL, regardless of the name.

The place on main street next to tomorrow land is on main street next to tomorrow land. When walking down mainstreet, this is the last building (large, can't miss it, dining tables outside) on the right side of mainstreet, just inside the 'hub'. Honestly, can't miss it. The only eatery on mainstreet right as you walk into tomorrowland.

MateasMom said:
The place by Tarzans treehouse. I think it's called the Riverbelle terrace. There is a sign/door right outside Tarzans treehouse, so go there LOL, regardless of the name.

The place on main street next to tomorrow land is on main street next to tomorrow land. When walking down mainstreet, this is the last building (large, can't miss it, dining tables outside) on the right side of mainstreet, just inside the 'hub'. Honestly, can't miss it. The only eatery on mainstreet right as you walk into tomorrowland.

The Place on Main Street is Plaza Inn

The place by Tarzan tree house is River Bell

http://www.mickeyxtreme.com/dlmenus.htm#MainStreet

Plaza Inn also gives AAA discounts (10%?). They even prompted us last time when we ate there! Didn't even have to remember on our own! So that was nice :)

maberlyne said:
Plaza Inn also gives AAA discounts (10%?). They even prompted us last time when we ate there! Didn't even have to remember on our own! So that was nice :)
OK we will definatly eat there! :thumbsup2

It's interesting to read of people buyng churros to have at home. Never heard of one until we went to DL and they are not carried around here in MN(they might have some at a Mexican grocery store).
Minnesotans consider fair food to be " (name that food) on a stick" anything from wild rice to pickles!

Another must have DL food are skewers at Bengal BBQ ( a small walk up stand across from Tarzan's Treehouse, right before the Adventureland side entrance to River Belle). They have ones with asparagus wrapped in bacon - YUM! I didn't care for the chicken skewers, the sauce was too sweet.

For a sweet treat go to the shop at the exit of Winnie the Pooh. I loved the pretzel rods dipped in caramel and chocolate, decorated with M&M's or other toppings. The boys had the marshmallows on a stick "dirt" style complete with a gummy worm. It has become a new family tradition. Go on Splash as single rider , ride Pooh, grab a treat and sit in Columbia's dry dock area. Or stand over the bridge on that back walkway and watch the logs of wet people after they come down the big drop.

funnygarcia said:
It's interesting to read of people buyng churros to have at home. Never heard of one until we went to DL and they are not carried around here in MN(they might have some at a Mexican grocery store).
Minnesotans consider fair food to be " (name that food) on a stick" anything from wild rice to pickles!

I don't know that they're very common here either.... but the only places I've ever seen them (that I remember) are amusement parks, fairs, and Costco food court (and I think they have them at ALL Costco food courts because I read a thing about them being unusually popular at Costco in another country).

BTW...many many years ago there used to be a poster funnygarcia on MyCoupons. Would that be you, or another funnygarcia ;)

Best two deals at the park:

1. A veggie mexicone (black bean is my choice) is only $3.50 at the outside taqueria at Tortilla Joe's in Downtown Disney (make sure you ask for both red and green salsas).

2. The cinnamon tea latte for only $2.50 (huge size, too) at the Market Street shop on Main Street.

Naples isn't bad, pretty good deal. The buffets at Storytellers and Club 33 are pricey, but the food is high-quality and it's all you can eat. Plus, at the Club you get a one-day park-hopper, free - so the meal works out to less than 20.00. The downside is, you have to be a member or know a member to get in.

Redd Rockett's Pizza Port has huge servings. I'd get a bowl of pasta and a huge salad back in my carby days, and that would easily feed three people. And honey, I can eat. The portions at River Belle are pretty big, Zocalo as well.

Honestly? Go across the street - but not to Mimi's - Mimi's isn't bad, but Millie's is freakin' incredible. You can walk to the park there after breakfast - if you can actually walk at that point!

Whitewater Snacks has a wonderful French Dip. Good portions, fair prices.

On Sunday, go to Knott's for their buffet. You'll thank me forever.

MateasMom said:
BTW...many many years ago there used to be a poster funnygarcia on MyCoupons. Would that be you, or another funnygarcia ;)

LOL
Yeah it's me :blush: I'm still around Mycoupons just not as much. I've been sliding away from finding the deals (except deals for Disneyland!!).
Though now with The Cafe board open you might see me pop in again.

Just returned from 4 days at DL...we ate in the park for the most part but when we did venture out to DTD, we had an absolutely HORRIBLE meal at Tortilla Jo's. Worst Mexican food I've ever had...hair in the food and they still didn't take anything off our bill. Paid $33 for two entrees...

We actually just paid and then left and went back to eat in the park...you can't beat those sourdough bread bowls!

Best meal we had was Blue Bayou...man, those short ribs were awesome! My friend said it was the best salmon she's ever had and the Tortuga Trio of creme brulee was marvelous! Well worth the price and we would have eaten there again if only we could have gotten another rez!

Taste Pilot's Grill has good portions and Boudin has hearty bread bowls of soup or salad. Both satisfy DH's large appitite.

I have always thought the character meals were the best. The all you care to eat is always a bonus for my family. I'd go with older kids.
My experience with ESPN Zone is that they have a ton of food.
Rainforest is typically pretty good sized, too.
Italian food tends to be very filling. I haven't been there, but I'd think the Naples/Napolini would suit.

I know it's been a while BUT I'M BACK! AND I am going to DL again :woohoo:
we are staying on Katella at quality inn. (if you didn't like it please DONT tell me! I prepaid and cant cancel!) so I will be entering the park from the west side instead of the east. I AM SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED:banana: any NEW yummy foods to add that are cheep and big portioned!

I always recommend Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. All you can eat BBQ and sides. Good Eatin'!

Pizza Port is a favorite and the sourdough bread bowls are are a nice treat too. I like to get one for the show at Golden Horseshoe, but they are also over at DCA. Plaza Del Zocolla is the other place we seem to prefer for value. If we eat at DCA we tend to eat at Taste Pilot's Grill, but to me it is really nothing special.

I always recommend Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. All you can eat BBQ and sides. Good Eatin'!

Agreed! And lunch is only 19.99. All you can eat BBQ for 19.99 is a good deal in or out of the park. And the beans are really good! The beverage isn't included, but if you order chocolate milk it's bottomless! I drink more chocolate milk at Disney Park restaurants than anywhere else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter