Most meal for the Money

tirby

Mouseketeer
What places in DR and DTD gives you a good portion of food for the buck.
With teenages and a hungry hubby the fancy plate with decorated meat just wont cut it.
What about Rain Forest or Pacific warf Rockets, piolets grill
or ????
List your experiances.
For referance a foot long subway sandwiches is no match for my kids or hubby

tirby said:
What places in DR and DTD gives you a good portion of food for the buck.
With teenages and a hungry hubby the fancy plate with decorated meat just wont cut it.
What about Rain Forest or Pacific warf Rockets, piolets grill
or ????
List your experiances.
For referance a foot long subway sandwiches is no match for my kids or hubby

well for breakfast you can always do a character meal...all you can eat :thumbsup2

We found the meals at River Bell Terrace and the Plaza inn to both be very large. At pizza port I usually get a kids meal, dh gets a slice of pizza, and we share one of their big salads. I'm sure there are other, but those come to mind first.

If they're pasta eaters, the portions at Pizza Port are HUGE. My kids love the Chicken Alfredo and 1 serving ($7.99) easily serves the two of them (5 and 7) and myself.

I've never had the burgers/sandwiches at Tasty Pilot (or whatever it's called...next to Soarin) but the portions always look big to me. I get the chicken salad BTW which IMO is super tasty.

Here's another vote for Plaza Inn. They have good size pasta, roast beef, fried chicken, and cobb salad dishes. I can never finish my plate.

hlbtimes2 said:
We found the meals at River Bell Terrace and the Plaza inn to both be very large. At pizza port I usually get a kids meal, dh gets a slice of pizza, and we share one of their big salads. I'm sure there are other, but those come to mind first.
I agree, our meals in both these places were very generous. Goofy's Kitchen also has a buffet dinner (character meal.) Someone posted a plate of nachos (I think it was from Rainforest Cafe) that looked enormous and very yummy! So if that's any indication of the size of their meals, that might be a good place for hungry teenagers!

Plaza Inn has big portions...Offsite Mimi's has huge portions for a really great price!

I agree with Mimi's Cafe. They do have yummy big portions.
Also try Rancho Del Zocalo in Frontierland. My son has a big appetite too. He ate two slices of pizza from the Pizza Port last time we were there and they are huge slices.

yes I agree the pasta at pizza port is great, and more then enough to share.

My votes are for the launch pad pasta ($8.49 which feeds two and has lots of carbs from the pasta and proteins from the chicken for your day, and it tastes really good) at the pizza port, chicken wings at golden horseshoe (Although you can still see the show if you don't buy anything) are a nice way to do a lunch or dinner. Carnation Cafe is a nice quiet place to eat and not too much and the service is always great.

In DCA test pilot is popular because you can put as many toppings on yourself as you'd like. I like the bakery though in the wharf. The $6 or $7 for the becon egg bowl is worth it, but I usually would get a huge cinnamon roll for $3.50 for breakfast. The other things in the store are really good for the price. The crescent rolls with eggs are really good too. I actually have never had lunch at the bakery but breakfast is cheap and good there, I'd imagine lunch or dinner would be the same.

In DTD tortilla joes express (Not the restaurant) is good and a few bucks less thant he park for the same amount of food. A nacho will fill one and a half people for $5.

The character meals are fun, but I'd recommend doing them the second day or mid vacation so you can stuff yourself and work off the extra lb's the rest of the trip. I'll stuff myself with plenty of protein which you usually don't get when trying to save money on eating at the park. Night meals are usually better so you can sleep off some of the food than waddling around for the morning if you do a breakfast. :)

One time I survived well on a meal from the Pacific Wharf Cafe... When I was done eating the salad, I put the bowl in a bag and had it to nibble on the whole day. The salads and soups are great to begin with IMHO.

Ok first let me say THIS SITE IS ADDICTING!! :surfweb: (and I like it :goodvibes )
Gosh thanks for the info. Anyone else?
I really hadent even thought of the character meals because I thought the kids would think it was silly, and that they were outrageous expensive. :confused3
But I do know I'm hungry and excited!!! :woohoo:

Is white water snack a counter service?
Is Pacific warf a counter service?

Whitewater snacks all the way! They have huge portions and pretty decent prices!!

White Water Snacks and Pacific Warfh Cafe are both counter service. However WWS is in the Grand Californian hotel and is an enhanced counter service. At least that's my term for it. If you order hot food, you pay for it, they give you a number to put on your table, then they bring it to you.

I just posted a picture of the nachos in the dinning review with pictures thread that is a sticky on the top of the board.

Other choices for large meals would be Rancho del Zocalo (I posted pictures of this too) and Plaza Inn or French Market fried chicken platters. Its 3 pieces of chicken with fries or potatoes.

Don't be a afraid of character meals either. I've seen many teenagers let down their 'cool' and allow themselves to have fun. And if you get one of the latest breakfast seatings, it can be more of a brunch and will be less expensive.

Nope! Anyone can eat at any of the Disneyland properties! It's one of my favorite things to do when I am staying off site - eat at the hotels!

Over the years DH and I have discovered which places are the best (in our opinion) for portion size. Rancho del Zocalo has good sized portions. We usually split a plate and dessert. Carnation Cafe has good sized portions and prices. Since you ahve a group you might always try buying a whole pizza at Red Rockets. This is what we've done with a group, and then if there are leftovers we jus ask for aluminum foil to take it with us. Test Pilots Grill and White Water Snacks are also good sized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter