• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most meal for the Money

We all like pizza that might be ok too. I think the DH is wanting to try a bread bowl full of something He just likes the sound of it.
We dont eat out much at home maybe 3 or 4 times a YEAR. So this will be so fun. AND give me a great break!!! :woohoo:
It's funny food usually tastes better when there are no dishes in the sink :rolleyes: I wonder why![/B]

Also what is one food item you can realy only get at Disneyland or what is like the one thing (if that was all you at at DL) that is a must. Like an OLD FASHION gotta eat. Not like Nacho or anything. ( but we will probably try thoes too)

Mary Jo said:
Here's another vote for Plaza Inn. They have good size pasta, roast beef, fried chicken, and cobb salad dishes. I can never finish my plate.

:thumbsup2 and another vote! The fried chicken is delicious and the portions huge! My kids even enjoyed the kids meals here as they served fresh fruit with them... And the drinks are free refills!

Hoping to go there tomorrow for lunch!

tirby said:
Also what is one food item you can realy only get at Disneyland or what is like the one thing (if that was all you at at DL) that is a must. Like an OLD FASHION gotta eat. Not like Nacho or anything. ( but we will probably try thoes too)

CHURROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

disneycutie84 said:
Churros and Dole Whips!!!!! :cloud9:

Ok not trying to sound ignorant, I know what the dole whip is and have seen pictures of churros but what exacty are they?

I thought everyone knew what a churro was :confused3 Well, you're missing out! It's a long donut type 'stick'. It's about a foot long and covered in sugars. When fresh, they're nice and warm and WONDERFUL! They're a very popular fair and theme park food.

hlbtimes2 said:
We found the meals at River Bell Terrace and the Plaza inn to both be very large. At pizza port I usually get a kids meal, dh gets a slice of pizza, and we share one of their big salads. I'm sure there are other, but those come to mind first.

Is that the one by tarzan tree house? If so then I have to agree. I got a turkey sandwitch and the thing was massive. Also we had a roast beef meal at the restaurant on main street right by tomorrow land with all the umbrellas by the bathroom. (sorry dont know names but its right as you enter tomorrow land) I think it's where they have the charactor breakfast? There was a TON of food. And the food was very good.

tirby said:
Ok not trying to sound ignorant, I know what the dole whip is and have seen pictures of churros but what exacty are they?

I would agree with the description MateasMom gave. Churros are great! The sugar on the outside, combined with the deep fried donut taste is delicous!!

Any one else. And the tree house thing is that the one everyone is talking about? It has been SO LONG from when I was at DL last that I'm sure it doesnt even look the same! :goodvibes I cant wait!! :goodvibes

Actually, come to think of it, my favorite is the turkey legs. Pretty good bang for you buck.

Oh never thought of that. And as hyper as the kids will be maybe it will be a way to calm them down. hahahahahaha

Storyteller's Cafe in the GCH has a buffet; however expect the price to be up there. However if you have an AP you can get a 15% discount and get Disney Dining pins!!

MateasMom said:
I prefer Costco Churros :teeth: Cheaper AND yummier :thumbsup2 LOL

Funny, thats what I was thinking at dl, Why spend $3 on something I could get at costco for a buck?

Um this is kinda off topic, but do you get a food discount with aaa?

You get a discount at the Character meals, but not off other dinning. Dont recall if its 10 or 20% off. Check the AAA site for the discount amount.

Leofoenget said:
Is that the one by tarzan tree house? If so then I have to agree. I got a turkey sandwitch and the thing was massive. Also we had a roast beef meal at the restaurant on main street right by tomorrow land with all the umbrellas by the bathroom. (sorry dont know names but its right as you enter tomorrow land) I think it's where they have the charactor breakfast? There was a TON of food. And the food was very good.

Yep, the Riverbell is next to Tarzans tree house and the Plaza is the one with the umbrellas near tomorrowland/ main street. The plaza does have a character breakfast. Its my fav. character meal.

ANY ONE have an answer as to where this is located?
sorry already answered

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter