Most compact resort?

abbysmom

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I would like to stay at a more compact resort, I like the feel of a smaller resort, I am interested in all of the disney owned properties. I like when it doesnt seem like such a long distance to the busses, food courts, restaurants, pools. Can anyone tell which resort is the smallest? Thanks in advance.

I am going to say Port Orleans french Quarter. I have never stayed there but used the pool when we were guests of Dixie landing.

The Port Orleans French Quarter is the smallest moderate resort. It's set to reopen this March after being refurbished.

I think the Contemporary Tower rooms could be considered the smallest deluxe. If you stay in the Tower the monrail, stores & restuarants are all an elevator ride away in the same building. The pool is just steps away outside the tower, as well as the bus stop right.

Hope that helped you out!

I'm pretty sure the Villas at Wilderness Lodge is the smallest resort. :) The smallest hotel would be the BoardWalk Inn.

I agree that the tower rooms at the Contemporary would probably insure you the shortest walk to everything. Other resorts might technically be smaller, but at the Contemporary, you have the advantage of knowing what section your room will be in when you make the reservation.

For the moderates, the walks at POFQ aren't bad at all.

WL is the most compact.

It has around 850 rooms. Nothing is more than a few minutes walk.

Cool did some checking Wilderness Lodge has total 728 rooms Plus the 136 Villas...total 865: Contemporary Tower has 500 rooms plus North and South Garden Wings combined another 500 rooms...total 1000: BoardWalk Inn has 378 rooms Plus the 383 Villas...total 761 total. I check several more but CaliforniaDreaming is correct BoardWalk Inn is the smallest Resort even with the Villas added...BC had 583 rooms 205 Villas total 788, YC has 630 rooms total YC BC BCV would be 1418 rooms: I'm stoping now.

Kimberle,
Was also correct, the WL has a very cozy, home like feeling.

I think the Swan is fairly small too. It was very easy to get around and we did not have to walk far - even to the bus or boat to MGM & Epcot.

Assuming it is open, I think POFQ has the most "intimate" feeling of the resorts

thanks
jaysue

If looking for a moderate, french quarter is definitely the most compact. If you have kids, they will love the serpant slide there. They have a boat ride to downtown disney which is nice. In my opinion this resort is beautiful. If it is a deluxe you are looking for, Wilderness Lodge would be a sure bet.

At the Wilderness Lodge, I felt like I was close to everything. The bus stop, food court, swimming pool, the boat ride to MK, the geyser that erupts every hour and arcade were all very close to each other.

I have found that Port Orleans French Quarter & the Wilderness Lodge are two of the most compact resorts on property. These also happen to be my two favorites. No matter what room you are in, it's a quick walk to everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter