• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

More Disney Exec musical chairs....

MarriedAtDisney

Mouseketeer
https://mickeyblog.com/2022/05/19/b...BBLp-m785i5Whd_aULz8EPffwUgDdHOutEZVS1Uwl122E

As someone that has worked in corporate america, moving executives around including new hires and departures is par for the course. But a sure sign of corporate distress is when the activity happens more frequently and more comprehensively. It's often the used to mask poor performance and to demonstrate leadership is 'doing something'. It sure feels like that's what is happening here. I realize it's triggered by a long tenured executives retirement, but these changes seem to be a lot more comprehensive that a retirement should create. As a DVC member and a frequent Disney Cruise customer - I sure hope they get some stability and effective leadership. When leaders are moving around ever year or less, long term thinking goes out the door and panic driven changes take center stage.

I worked in R&D for years for what once was a top 10 Fortune 500 company ... and watched around me over the years as it was slowly cannibalized from within by a rotating cast of sociopathic managers fighting each other over quarterly metrics. If my company wasn't immune to this, either is Disney.

All I can say I agree with you and I'm sure many others see it as well.

I agree. It started happening at my company around 2017, and I started putting money away in case I lost my job. The savings came in handy when we shut down permanently during the pandemic. There were rumors before that happened that we were going to be sold. It’s not a definite sign, but it’s a symptom of problems that need to be looked at and corrected.

The Dow Jones Industrial average closed at 27,081 on the day Chapek became CEO. Today it stands at 31,262, a gain of 15.4%.

The NASDAQ composite was at 8,966 on Chapek's first day. It closed Friday at 11,354, up 26.6% during Chapek's time.

Disney stock was at 128 when he assumed his role. It will be at 102 when the market opens tomorrow, having dropped 20.3% since he took over.

Of course he's rearranging the deckchairs.

The Dow Jones Industrial average closed at 27,081 on the day Chapek became CEO. Today it stands at 31,262, a gain of 15.4%.

The NASDAQ composite was at 8,966 on Chapek's first day. It closed Friday at 11,354, up 26.6% during Chapek's time.

Disney stock was at 128 when he assumed his role. It will be at 102 when the market opens tomorrow, having dropped 20.3% since he took over.

Of course he's rearranging the deckchairs.

As my 401(k) is mute testimony to, the Dow is down 19% — hardly a Disney specific market change.

@MarriedAtDisney wow that's a whole lot of change going on at Disney. I doubt we'll see any real, needed, changes coming to WDW anytime soon with massive staff change like that going on.

As my 401(k) is mute testimony to, the Dow is down 19% — hardly a Disney specific market change.
I think you’re missing the point.

If you had put $100,000 in a DJIA indexed fund on the day Chapek took over as CEO, you’d have $115,400 today.

If you had put $100,000 in a NASDAQ indexed fund on the day Chapek took over as CEO, you’d have $126,600 today.

If you’d put $100,000 in DIS stock on the day Chapek took over as CEO, you’d have $79,300 today.

No one’s disputing that the recent market downturn is widespread (and not “Disney specific,” to use your term). But what is indisputable is that since Chapek assumed his role of WDC CEO, Disney stock has dropped (by 20%) while the major U.S. stock exchange indexes have gone UP by 15.4% and 26.6%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter