More Amazing Adventures of the 2011 Disney Mom's Panel

Hi folks!

I'm so glad I found you! :goodvibes

I've been hanging out on the DisBoards since 2007 but typically spend my time with the VWL Groupies on DVC-Mouscellaneous. It's so nice to see a forum where prospective Moms Panelists can hang out together during this very exciting process!

I had my R3 interview yesterday. That was the shortest 15 minutes of my life! (Anyone else really appreciate the upbeat Disney hold music right before being connected to the folks conducting the interview? That really helped put me in the right frame of mind. :lovestruc) Since I am a teacher and college counselor, I had to take my call in my office at school. I had nightmares for nights before the call worrying that there would be an unannounced fire drill during the interview. :scared1: Fortunately that scenario did not come to pass!

Best wishes to those interviewing today!:thumbsup2

Jill from NJ

Welcome Jill! I only found this thread 2 days ago myself.

Cindy from Connecticut

Welcome Jill and Cindy (if I didn't say it before!)

I am sure we all did GREAT the past two days.

Amanda--- you're up! GL girl!!!

After today, it's wait time. I don't think I will even be thinking about it until Tuesday, cause it said "on or before Nov 10 you will be notified"

But all day Tues and Wed will have my fingers crossed.

Good luck to Amanda today - is yours the last interview that we know about?

Hope everyone in the R3 Gang is holding up well, I always think the waiting (for anything) is the worst bit.

Continued thoughts and good wishes to you all :goodvibes

Good morning!! Good luck Amanda! We know you'll do us all proud!

To those that had their interviews yesterday, I hope you finally got a good night's sleep. :thumbsup2

Fingers crossed for you all!! :goodvibes

Good Morning Everyone!! Wow! I'm actually getting nervous for all of you Round 3-ers reading about the phone interviews!

Pearly Swan- I read on the original thread that you felt you blew it in your phone interview. But like other posters have pointed out, many of the current Moms Panelists thought the exact same thing and just look at them now! :thumbsup2 I bet you did alot better than you think!

More Pixie dust to all of you!

Welcome to Jill, and YAY for Amanda's day!!

Thank you for all of the well-wishes. Everything went well yesterday. I am just trying to take it easy today. The hardest part (and most painful physically) was not being able to nurse DS all day/night.

QTOD # 8 (6-ish days to go! EEEK)

You've got your favorite snack in-hand and decide to take a load off for a few. Where is your favorite place in the World to people watch?

Good morning everyone!

Welcome, Jill! :welcome:

Amanda, sending pixie dust and more Disney thoughts today! pixiedust:

Ashley, glad it went well yesterday - hope you can rest today! :wizard:

You've got your favorite snack in-hand and decide to take a load off for a few. Where is your favorite place in the World to people watch?

Thanks for the warm welcome!:goodvibes

I love to people watch from the comfort of a cozy Adirondack chair in the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge. It's particularly fun to see the expression of the new arrivals as they take in the grandeur of that lobby for the first time.

Hi, Everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and say "Hi!" and let you know that I've been thinking and praying for you all almost constantly as you scheduled and now had your phone interviews. I just can't believe that all this was going through my head and heart a year ago....time certainly flies when you're having fun!

I've met several of you on Facebook and Twitter, but I'm not frequent to the Dis Boards. It's been fun catching up on all your experiences! Best wishes as you wait, and I'm on pins and needles wanting to know who I'll be working with next year. It's a fantastic ride, and I wish you all only the best as you travel it!

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns -- I'm good at hand-holding!

XXXOOO

Andi

I was still posting in the old thread! :laughing:

Amanda good luck today! :wizard:

I missed out on yesterday's snack question but my favorite snack or its more a dessert than a snack is the Maple Creme Brulee at LeCelliar. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Good luck everyone!:flower3:

Hi, Everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and say "Hi!" and let you know that I've been thinking and praying for you all almost constantly as you scheduled and now had your phone interviews. I just can't believe that all this was going through my head and heart a year ago....time certainly flies when you're having fun!

I've met several of you on Facebook and Twitter, but I'm not frequent to the Dis Boards. It's been fun catching up on all your experiences! Best wishes as you wait, and I'm on pins and needles wanting to know who I'll be working with next year. It's a fantastic ride, and I wish you all only the best as you travel it!

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns -- I'm good at hand-holding!

XXXOOO

Andi

Thanks for your support Andi!

Im sure I speak for all of the DISer R3 Finalists when I say that meeting you in person at training in December would be a dream come true!

Fingers crossed for each and every one of us!

A Sincere thanks to all of my FRIENDS here at the DIS! Your well wishes made my butterflies settle down just a bit!

It is now 8:08 here on the West Coast, and my interview will occur at 1:15 EST, so approx. 2 hours... Not sure if I have mentioned this here, but my family and I have been out here all month visiting vineyards in an RV and have completed this entire process from a campground--3,000 miles from home.

I have no good luck trinkets or Minnie-Ears to comfort me this morning, so your wishes of Luck and Pixie Dust mean THE WORLD to me!!!

I am going to go into town shortly to grab a Cappucino since I have ZERO phone reception here, so I will be completely out of my element on the call (sitting in the car) so please say a prayer...especially that my DROID cooperates since it is known for hanging up on folks...

WOW, I'm rambling here... Can't imagine how I'l be on the phone!

Thank you for all of the well-wishes. Everything went well yesterday. I am just trying to take it easy today. The hardest part (and most painful physically) was not being able to nurse DS all day/night.

QTOD # 8 (6-ish days to go! EEEK)

I was still posting in the old thread! :laughing:

Good Day All! :)

Welcome Jill. :cheer2: I am glad you found us here and I am happy that "most" (insert except for Ritzy - Pearly Swan) seem to have found the new thread! :lmao:

Ashley, I understand your pain. I was a nursing mom for years, in fact I think decades would be a more appropriate term! I had surgery when my third child was still nursing and I know the pain from engorgement was worse that the pain from the surgery! They finally got me a pump from the nursery and that really helped, although I hated to dump the milk. I hope you are feeling chipper again very soon! :grouphug:

The QTOD is a rough one for me. Why you ask? Well the group I normally travel with are not prone to taking breaks. I know that sounds funny with two well over 90 year olds in our group but in the past they have moved from sun up until park close.

About the only time I get a break is when I sneak away and float belly up in one of the pools. That is complete relaxation for me. :goodvibesI suspect I would have a hard time enjoying my Dole Whip while floating and sky watching in a pool! :rotfl2:

I will add this to my Bucket List. I must learn to spend time people watching while in Disney!:woohoo:

I didn't get that email. Was it MMC/DMP related or something else? I would absolutely sign up :)

It was an email from Walt Disney Pictures. There was a link to check if a theater near me was participating and we were given 2 passes for the 3-D screening on Tuesday night!

I don't remember anything I said during the interview, except that I could certainly have been a lot more intelligible. I feel I talked way too fast and didn't say enough of what I wanted to say. Don't ask me what it was about, because I can't recall the question now, but I do distinctly remember thinking of two magnificent things to add to one of the answers after it was all over. I'm sure they were happy to get me off the phone! :rotfl:

A Sincere thanks to all of my FRIENDS here at the DIS! Your well wishes made my butterflies settle down just a bit!

It is now 8:08 here on the West Coast, and my interview will occur at 1:15 EST, so approx. 2 hours... Not sure if I have mentioned this here, but my family and I have been out here all month visiting vineyards in an RV and have completed this entire process from a campground--3,000 miles from home.

I have no good luck trinkets or Minnie-Ears to comfort me this morning, so your wishes of Luck and Pixie Dust mean THE WORLD to me!!!

I am going to go into town shortly to grab a Cappucino since I have ZERO phone reception here, so I will be completely out of my element on the call (sitting in the car) so please say a prayer...especially that my DROID cooperates since it is known for hanging up on folks...

WOW, I'm rambling here... Can't imagine how I'l be on the phone!

Amanda, you'll be great! And don't worry about the Minnie Ears, because you can borrow mine:

68ed9b94.jpg

Good luck!! :wizard:

Amanda... is your phone a-ringing???

Should be on the interview here in a few min... PIXIE DUST to you!!!!!!

Anyone else today or are all the DIS boarders done?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter