More Amazing Adventures of the 2011 Disney Mom's Panel

Hi everyone. I am Cindy from Connecticut, and I am having my round 3 interview tomorrow. I have been a member of the DISboards since 1999, but I didn't know this thread existed. I'm so happy to find you all and have someone to share this all with. I wish everyone here loads of wonderful pixie dust and hope we will all share an incredible experience together soon!

:welcome:

This is a great bunch to "wait" with!!!! Good luck on your interview!

My favorite snack are Margaritas in Mexico! Viva la Mexico!

Oh, as for food....there is so much I love, like the Mickey Krispies....and Dole Whips, and the popcorn, and the jelly beans, and the Sushi at the Poly, and the pretzels in Germany, and the school bread in Norway, and the crepes in France, or egg rolls at the Yak and Yeti.....

I could write a book!

....what was my point? Oh yeah....but if I had to pick only one, it would be the peanut butter and jelly milkshake at 50's Prime Time!

YUM!

Woops...forgot about Dole Whip! I love it! I had my interview. I hope it went well. As usual, I probably talked too much. It's hard to know when to stop :goodvibes

Good luck to all of you with interviews today and tomorrow. I hope we all get great news and can meet each other soon.

Cindy

Oh my stars!!! I just finished my phone interview and I have gigantic butterflies and shaky hands!!! I can barely type right now!

Of course I blew it! I cannot remember one thing that I said at this moment. LOL! But, they were super sweet. :) I may have just made their jobs easier by being one they know they can eliminate right now!

Just hoping my Disney Love shone through, and that they can overlook my nervousness, shaky voice, and inability to navigate the English language!

Love & Pixie Dust to all of you! I am still praying for great things for those of you with interveiws left to go!!! Smile & GO FOR IT!

Gonna go workout & burn off all this adrenaline now!!! Maybe I'll start remembering what I said in a few hours...lol!
Love,
TRON

Jonas - I just have to say: What a cute avatar!!!

And, I too can't wait to meet you all in December too!!:goodvibes

Thank you! And thanks to you for helping me get it up there.

Twende-
What a wonderful sorority you have created here (sorry guys ;)).

This is what sets Disney folks apart- genuine, generous of spirit, magical :wizard:.
R3'rs- pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: to all of you from all of your "sisters".

Woops...forgot about Dole Whip! I love it! I had my interview. I hope it went well. As usual, I probably talked too much. It's hard to know when to stop :goodvibesCindy

I think we are probably all guilty of talking too much in the interview and I know exactly what you mean about not really knowing when to stop :laughing:

Oh my stars!!! I just finished my phone interview and I have gigantic butterflies and shaky hands!!! I can barely type right now!

Of course I blew it! I cannot remember one thing that I said at this moment. LOL! But, they were super sweet. :) I may have just made their jobs easier by being one they know they can eliminate right now!

Just hoping my Disney Love shone through, and that they can overlook my nervousness, shaky voice, and inability to navigate the English language!

Love & Pixie Dust to all of you! I am still praying for great things for those of you with interveiws left to go!!! Smile & GO FOR IT!

Gonna go workout & burn off all this adrenaline now!!! Maybe I'll start remembering what I said in a few hours...lol!
Love,
TRON

Tron I am positive that you did much better than you think! :thumbsup2
Hang on in there and now all we can do is keep our fingers crossed that all DISers finalists make it to the 2011 Panel!

Wishing you all best of luck this week on the phone interviews! :wizard:

Can't wait to find out the results next week.

Did everyone get the email with the info for free tickets to see an advanced screening of Tangled??

I signed up for next week. I am probably going alone, but excited anyway, lol.

I didn't get that email. Was it MMC/DMP related or something else? I would absolutely sign up :)

I think we are probably all guilty of talking too much in the interview and I know exactly what you mean about not really knowing when to stop :laughing:

Hang on in there and now all we can do is keep our fingers crossed that all DISers finalists make it to the 2011 Panel!

Ditto to everything Emma said :goodvibes I feel certian that I, too, talked too much and too fast. I am just chalking it all up to being so darned excited ;)

Bunches of Pixie Dust for those that are still interviewing today and to the the "Thursday" folks :tinker:

Hey everybody!! I finished my interview a little while ago and I'm so relieved that it's over!! I can breathe again! I was definitely nervous and stumbled over my words a few times but I think it went as good as it could have without knowing what we were going to be asked. I can't wait to hear who will make it next week!! Thanks to everyone SO much for all the wonderful support!!

I typed a HUGE post here earlier and it's not showing up... Must not have hit the submit button...

Anyway, It listed my fave WDW snacks... several of them... but now I'm in a hurry, so my top 2 are the Dole Whip Float and The Carrot Cake Cookie DHS Writer's Stop... which I found out through Inner Mouse Vidcast last night... is NO LONGER AVAILABLE...

This cookie or cake or whatever you may call it, is insanely DELISH, so I very quickly typed up a blog post JUST FOR YOU GUYS with a quick and easy recipe! Now you can enjoy my FAVE WDW snack at home. This is also a quick-fix for the Holiday Season! Please excuse the bad formatting on the post, as I was in a HURRY!

Here's the link, and PLEASE excuse the "pixie-dust" on my blog as I am in the process of relocating it!

http://disneygotogirl.blogspot.com/2010/11/carrot-cake-cookies-for-my-mp-gang-to.html

ENJOY!

Hey everyone!!

First, we're all thinking of you today, Ashley! We can't wait to hear from you as soon as you're back!

I've been thinking lots of good Disney thoughts for Cindy, Courtney, Marci, Sherry and Tron!! It sounds like we all have many things in common, including the ability to talk fast - I know I did! I'm really hoping for a repeat of last year, with 100% of the DISboard finalists on the panel!!!

As for Ashley's Question of the Day, here's my list:

tuna tartar and grapefruit cake from Brown Derby
sushi from California Grill
sangria from Hoop De Doo
lefse from Kringla
Mickey ice cream sandwich
any drink served with a GLOW CUBE!! :wizard:

I understand that some of these don't really qualify as a snack - I stretched the definition a bit!

Speaking of snacks, I took a quick (and not-so-great) photo of one of the pink Mickey cookies. I have to say that I'm not thrilled with the result, as both supplies and time were tight, but our boys didn't seem to notice that when they were eating them yesterday! So I threw in a few other snacks to go along:

Baseball Season!
DSCN1665.jpg

Buzz Lightyear Stars!
9719bd78.jpg

"Mom, can you get the tragedy/comedy theater masks on a cookie?"
DSCN2246.jpg

Early Holiday Cheer!
P1020598.jpg

"Mom, can you get a candy number 10 inside a pumpkin cookie?" (This one always makes me laugh!)
52d7a893.jpg

And our Mickeys:

bd99a145.jpg

Anyway, I'm so happy to have met lots of expert bakers here to help me as our boys continue to make creative requests! And yay Amanda! Thanks for the Carrot Cake Cookie recipe, and for the special blog post just for us!!!

I'll second all of this - I felt the same way!

And Tron, it was definitely much better than you think!! :) I'm sending an extra hug and a cheer for you! :hug::cheer2:

Mine is done-pheew! I was nervous but more so about not sniffling in their ears with this darned cold! That's one way to start your interview off on the wrong foot-SNIFF SNIFF COUGH COUGH! I think I missed some opportunities to add info, so in that regard I didn't feel like I talked ENOUGH. Then again, 15 minutes isn't very long ;)

I am not very confident at this point but still going to remain blindly optimistic (ever the Tigger). Hoping all of us have our Wishes granted next week! And good luck to those still waiting for their interviews. :cheer2:

Thank you all for helping me stay sane during this entire process! And my husband thanks you too because it saves him from having to hear about all this over and over again! You guys rock!

Sherry

WOW ladies, 2 days of phone interviews completed!! :dance3:

Just one more day to go. Best of luck to the Thursday phone calls!! You can do it!! :cheer2:

Good luck Amanda. You'll do great! I couldn't remember the name of Leave a Legacy, which I visit 3 times a year, and I think I said it was in Magic Kingdom!!! Couldn't be much more frazzled than I was

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter