More 1st timer questions

KatieKepic

Mouseketeer
Now that we have our package booked and dining reservations, I have a few more questions:

1. Recommendations on a private transfer to take us from our Paris hotel (near Eiffel Tower) to DLP? Also, what time would rush hour be for the morning as I'm thinking we should try to avoid it?

2. We currently have the following restaurants booked:

Arrival day: lunch at Walt's 1:00 PM; dinner at Auberge de Cendrillon (princess dining) at 7:00 PM
Day 2: lunch at PYMs 12:45 PM; dinner at Downtown at 7:15 PM
Day 3: lunch at Bistrot Chez Remy at 1:00 PM
Departure day: breakfast at Plaza Gardens (characters) at 9:45 AM

I'm thinking we should cancel either PYMs or Downtown. Thoughts on which one? Or any reason to keep both?

3. We have the character breakfast at Plaza Gardens at 9:45 on our departure day (8:15 wasn't available). Right now the only train schedule is for Ouigo which has a 2:13 train. Would we be okay making this with the 9:45 breakfast and having to go back to our hotel to get luggage?

4. What time to the quick serve places in Disney Village (Earl of Sandwich, Starbucks, McDonalds) start serving breakfast? We're not big breakfast people (with the exception of my son who we'll get room service for) so are hoping to just grab something quick on the way to the park.

Thanks for any help!

Now that we have our package booked and dining reservations, I have a few more questions:

1. Recommendations on a private transfer to take us from our Paris hotel (near Eiffel Tower) to DLP? Also, what time would rush hour be for the morning as I'm thinking we should try to avoid it?

Arrival day: lunch at Walt's 1:00 PM; dinner at Auberge de Cendrillon (princess dining) at 7:00 PM

I'm thinking we should cancel either PYMs or Downtown. Thoughts on which one? Or any reason to keep both?

3. We have the character breakfast at Plaza Gardens at 9:45 on our departure day (8:15 wasn't available). Right now the only train schedule is for Ouigo which has a 2:13 train. Would we be okay making this with the 9:45 breakfast and having to go back to our hotel to get luggage?

4. What time to the quick serve places in Disney Village (Earl of Sandwich, Starbucks, McDonalds) start serving breakfast? We're not big breakfast people (with the exception of my son who we'll get room service for) so are hoping to just grab something quick on the way to the park.

Thanks for any help!
1. Not sure about private transit- we always take the red RER.

2. That is a lot of eating at-table service, so canceling one would be good. Pym and Downtown are both Marvel-themed buffets- if you are staying at Marvel, keep Downtown, maybe keep that one; otherwise, stick with Pym.

3. You will definitely be able to make a 2:15 train with a 9:45 breakfast- you will probably have too much time and will be shopping a lot while you wait...

4. They usually open at 8 am- I liked the Mcdonald's breakfast offerings, Earl of Sandwich was also good but a little but larger offerings.

1. Not sure about private transit- we always take the red RER.

2. That is a lot of eating at-table service, so canceling one would be good. Pym and Downtown are both Marvel-themed buffets- if you are staying at Marvel, keep Downtown, maybe keep that one; otherwise, stick with Pym.

3. You will definitely be able to make a 2:15 train with a 9:45 breakfast- you will probably have too much time and will be shopping a lot while you wait...

4. They usually open at 8 am- I liked the Mcdonald's breakfast offerings, Earl of Sandwich was also good but a little but larger offerings.
Thank you! I was thinking it was too many table service. My son really wanted a Marvel restaurant and since we didn't book the Marvel hotel, I wanted to make sure I got him one but can't decide which to do.

Perfect! I thought it was but then I had read a trip report talking about the long lines to get your luggage at the hotel and for that train it says you need to be at the station at least 30 min early so I wanted to make sure we'd be okay to book that or if I should wait for the other train schedules to release.

This was really helpful, I appreciate it!

We used Interservice Prestige for all of our transfers in Paris this summer https://isprestige.com/
Can HIGHLY recommend - they were fantastic and economical. Rush Hour is legit in and out of Paris. We left at 6:30 am from Les Halles area to get to DLP - we actually got there in time for early entry after we checked into our hotel. I wouldn't leave later than 7:00 am? 7:30? Keep in mind that DLP hotels have 2 security screens before you can get into the hotel: then another security screening before entry into Disney Village. Also fill out your required police security screening for each member of your group the day prior to check in for your hotel: will save a lot of time. You'll also need to check your luggage outside the hotel before going in to get your room keys/entry key for DLP. My husband checked our luggage and I went to go check into our room.

I'm thinking we should cancel either PYMs or Downtown. Thoughts on which one? Or any reason to keep both? Keep your meal at Pym's it is pretty great
We loved Walt's - far exceeded my expectations!

Probably okay on timing. Check out your luggage before you go into the parks. There is no real luggage service for the hotel: you bring your luggage down, outside and check in the luggage. It was quick to get it when we departed. You may also want to price out Interprestige. They were VERY reliable and on time each time we used them

Thanks for any help!
Starbucks was the only Disney Village place we went to: was open when we on our way to line up for early entry every time?

Last edited:

We used Interservice Prestige for all of our transfers in Paris this summer https://isprestige.com/
Can HIGHLY recommend - they were fantastic and economical. Rush Hour is legit in and out of Paris. We left at 6:30 am from Les Halles area to get to DLP - we actually got there in time for early entry after we checked into our hotel. I wouldn't leave later than 7:00 am? 7:30? Keep in mind that DLP hotels have 2 security screens before you can get into the hotel: then another security screening before entry into downtown Disney. Also fill out your required police security screening for each member of your group the day prior to check in for your hotel: will save a lot of time. You'll also need to check your luggage outside the hotel before going in to get your room keys/entry key for DLP. My husband checked our luggage and I went to go check into our room.

Probably okay on timing. Check out your luggage before you go into the parks. There is no real luggage service for the hotel: you bring your luggage down, outside and check in the luggage. It was quick to get it when we departed. You may also want to price out Interprestige. They were VERY reliable and on time each time we used them

Starbucks was the only Disney Village place we went to: was open when we on our way to line up for early entry every time?
Thank you so much! I will book Prestige for our airport to Paris and then Paris to DLP transportation. We're going to Lyon after DLP so that's why we're taking the train. We will make sure we leave by 7:00. I appreciate the heads up on the security screening. I didn't realize we'd have to go through 2 checks to get into the hotel. I also appreciate the screening information. This was so helpful and I made note to do this in advance so I don't forget.

FYI the breakfast buffet at the hotel exceed our expectations. Was very fast to get a table and great selection. Highly recommend as an option for the morning.

FYI the breakfast buffet at the hotel exceed our expectations. Was very fast to get a table and great selection. Highly recommend as an option for the morning.
I keep going back and forth on adding the half board meal plan. I think we're going to do Walt's, Remy & PYM but I'm not sure which menu you get with the first two and PYMs isn't listed on the included restaurants. Do you happen to know where I could find the dedicated meal plan menus?

If you are doing the parks for 3 or more days, we saved more money by upgrading one pass to an annual and using that for restaurant discounts. Plus, we got the Photopass at a discount and the discounts for shopping- we are going to do this again instead of half board. We aren't big breakfast eaters either so this was a big reason for the decision as the breakfast on the dining plans was more than we wanted.

I would not do two table services on your arrival day. You'll be eating the entire day. We did Walt's and it was about a 2.5 hour meal, and that was after I requested if we could move a bit faster.

If you are doing the parks for 3 or more days, we saved more money by upgrading one pass to an annual and using that for restaurant discounts. Plus, we got the Photopass at a discount and the discounts for shopping- we are going to do this again instead of half board. We aren't big breakfast eaters either so this was a big reason for the decision as the breakfast on the dining plans was more than we wanted.
I will have to look into that, thanks for the tip!

I would not do two table services on your arrival day. You'll be eating the entire day. We did Walt's and it was about a 2.5 hour meal, and that was after I requested if we could move a bit faster.
Our arrival day will be a full park day :) We scheduled our pick up from our Paris hotel at 7:00 AM and we're going in July so the parks should be open pretty late. I'm thinking we'll be okay but appreciate the heads up on how long to expect for Walt's. I'm not sure either of my kids will make it through a 2.5 hour meal....

FWIW we were not at Walt's that long
We found the half board to be worth it as we basically pre-paid for 2 of our meals
Menu's were great: all the table service menus are pre-fixe anyways - you can always get an upgrade to the meal if you want and alcohol isn't included

FWIW we were not at Walt's that long
We found the half board to be worth it as we basically pre-paid for 2 of our meals
Menu's were great: all the table service menus are pre-fixe anyways - you can always get an upgrade to the meal if you want and alcohol isn't included
That makes me feel better. I don't think there is any way my kids will sit that long for a meal. I'm leaning toward doing the half board, I just need to make sure my son is okay doing Downtown over PYMs since PYMs isn't listed for the half board restaurants. If I picked the right menus/prices for Walts & Remy and factor in the top up on the character breakfast, it's looks like it's only 1€ more for the half board and that gives us 2 more breakfasts. Thank you for your advice or I wouldn't have even looked into it.

We also booked the transfer company you recommended and they've already confirmed :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter