Moo'vers 2012 Edition! come on in!

we already probably have up to three to four inches....it is coming down sideways and is very heavy...white out conditions in some roads...I hate snow..

I had something for lunch that my daughter made..
Chicken in a crock pot and then carrots and salsa...she said that
the chicken pulled apart like pulled pork...it was delishish...I need
to know how she made it...would be good on some rice..

See ya

Pumba that does sound really good. Maybe you could sure if you get the recipe.

We have had everything today. Rain , big snowflakes, freezing rain and then more snow. Nothing is sticking to the ground though. This is one weird Janurary for weather.

I have all my Christmas stuff out of all the main rooms now. Throughly cleaned two rooms. One more to go the living room/computer desks were a dining room table should be. Now saying that do not go into my basement because everything is down there to be packed away in the closet under the stairs. Can't put anything away because I have to take the big tree down first which is still standing decorated down there.

I am running out of steam and the kids will be home from school soon.

Sorry I haven't been on until now! I came down with a cold starting on Sunday which has turned into bronchitis :( I stayed home Tuesday, went into work yesterday but probably shouldn't have because I was coughing up a lung, and stayed home again today. My poor sister who cruise with me came down with this crud too. Hope Nabbie doesn't get it.

We loved, lived, loved the cruise and it was fun getting to have dinner with Nabbie and her family and spending some other time together!!! Yes, my sis and I immensely enjoyed the martini tasting and spending time in the adult areas, especially the adult beach at Castaway Cay!

Will try to post a few vacation pics after I get them uploaded.

Why do Poly bookers care what's happening at POR?

MP, The Royal rooms are new at Royal room pic:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/port-orleans-resort-riverside/

How the the did the rest of my post get swallowed?

ANyway, the displaced POR guests are getting all kinds of upgrades to deluxes without charge, often way more than they paid (like theme park view when they booked a garden view, and the people that booke at the Poly originally got their panties in a wad cause their potential upgrades are now being given to the POR "transplants". It's been quite the drama

ANyway, I'm way behind on all my threads.

Moo, welcome back, sorry you are sick though:hug:

Nab, even though I got all my decorations and ornaments down, my (bare) tree is still up. Sure hope hubby and DD will finally put it all away this weekend.

Pumba, are you sure you hate snow? I dont think you ever mentioned it :rotfl2:

Well just came in from shoveling. It is really blowing out there now. Kids are thrilled since it is our real first snow of the season. I could do with out the wind.

Was going to go get some groceries but think I will stay in. Besides my arms are killing me from cleaning up and lifting all those heavy boxes around yesterday. Hubby says I am subborn because I did it myself instead of waiting for him or Nicholas to help. I think I would be waitning a long time they would sit and I would do it anyway. Everything Christmas is gone now. Just have to rearrange and clean the basement up but not today. I will enjoy my clean main floor today. Out of sight out of mind. :lmao:

Moo-- Sorry to hear you sick. We are all fine here. Just tired.Hope you and your sister feel better soon. :hug:

Marita-- Not sure I like that Royal room picture they have post on that link. That must be in the Mansions. We loved our room fine. Like I said Hannah really liked that pull down bed.

Sandy-- Welcome back home! That seemed really short, how long were you gone?

Morning..
We are going to have a heat wave...maybe get to the 40s today and then WHAMMOOOOO...down in the below zero stuff with high winds...maybe today also with freezing rain...yuck...
we got probably 6ish ...so not much for a snow fall...put the trash out and then took Megara to go potty and that is it for now...

we will go out to eat tonight and then shop for some NEEDED replacement of FOOD...we have plenty of the protein stuff..(5 hams, three turkeys, 20 lbs of chicken breasts and the moose).....but need veggies and cereal and milk and english muffins ...let me think of other stuff later...

Hope you all have a good day...cause I plan on it..

MP, The Royal rooms are new at Royal room pic:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/port-orleans-resort-riverside/

How the the did the rest of my post get swallowed?

ANyway, the displaced POR guests are getting all kinds of upgrades to deluxes without charge, often way more than they paid (like theme park view when they booked a garden view, and the people that booke at the Poly originally got their panties in a wad cause their potential upgrades are now being given to the POR "transplants". It's been quite the drama

ANyway, I'm way behind on all my threads.

Moo, welcome back, sorry you are sick though:hug:

Nab, even though I got all my decorations and ornaments down, my (bare) tree is still up. Sure hope hubby and DD will finally put it all away this weekend.

Pumba, are you sure you hate snow? I dont think you ever mentioned it :rotfl2:

It doesn't take much for DISer's to get their panties in a wad. :rolleyes:

ELI IS HOME!!!!:banana::cool1::cheer2::yay::woohoo::littleangel:

Just for the weekend, but they got home about midnight last night. He had his central line/port put in yesterday, and they told mom she couldn't leave until she learned how to flush it. Her deal with Eli was that he could go home as soon as she learned. Well, the wonderful folks at St. Jude's lined up a Home Health nurse to come and teach her this weekend while she is home. :goodvibes Thank you for all of your prayers. I have seen the 'power of prayer' twice in the course of a week. Please know that this family is VERY appreciative of them, and they are WORKING!!

Welcome Home!!! NAB and MOO!!!
:hug: Sorry your cruise got you sick Moo! Hope you heal soon.

PUMBA
- You HATE snow? :confused3 Learn something new every day! :rolleyes:;)

Well, I had my DS take all the Christmas boxes upstairs to the playroom, but I am hoping to get it all organized this weekend. DD is gone on a church trip, so we are home alone all weekend!! :yay:

I used to keep it all in our downstairs closet, but after the April 27th tornadoes, we have decided to make that our tornado closet. ;) We learned alot from that tragedy. We are going to keep a box in there with copies of our SSN cards, birth certificates, tax records, photo albums, etc.

People here came out of their houses with NOTHING, and no way to prove who they were. It was a headache on top of their tragedy. :headache: Our hope it to have it all together in one spot, and hopefully, we will never have to 'try out' our theory. :sad2:

morning world...I mean Moovers....what can I say...ITS COLD>>>>>

Dont forget your insurance numbers too when you bring down copies of your other things...I have most of our info in the safety deposit at the credit union..but you got me to thinking...maybe copies in our own area would be better...we dont have tornados...well once in a blue moon...but we have some hurricanes and big snow storms that can do damage ...
that earthquake a few years ago in California ...well a storm system that came right after that and traveled across the us and came to the northeast...killed more people then the earthquake...you dont realize it because we live thru storms all the time..snow is snow...

KT is leaving in a little while..I am going to miss her...she has been here for three weeks and I have enjoyed every moment of it...

have to learn to cook for the two of us again...

Last night we went out to the chinese buffet and I had some of the chef stir fry that they do with what items you want...and then I had two plates of crab legs..(I have cuts on my hand to prove it) and then a few clams...YUCK..but even though I ate mostly good things ...the butter added up and I tested HIGH this morning...so will learn not to put the crab meat in the butter and leave it there until I fill it up..I will shell and dip and eat...that way you dont get as much butter...I am so afraid that the doctor will put me on meds this time...I go to see her on tuesday and then she will give me the lab test to go and have it tested at the hospital...fasting and all that...geesh..I should of behaved more..Of course exercising in the winter in Maine is not high...I always like to walk ...but to dang cold and slippery..

Will continue to keep Eli in our prayers...

sunshine.gif

Got lost on the Community Board again! :rotfl2:

and on the Universal Boards too - planning our Spring Break Trip! 2 days became 3, 3 became 4! :rotfl2: We're heading down to visit mom in Ft Myers, but since dd BFF cant come, mom suggested Harry Potter. Then she decided its a 4 hour drive... so we girls should have a great time!

Moo Sorry you have to pay such a high price for those adult goog times!

Ali So glad Elli gets to go home for the weekend, then on to St Jude, may he continue to improve - prayers continue! You're farther along than I am with this Christmas box stuff! You get it out, organized... then its over in a blink of an eye!

Marita never a dull moment! ;)

Pumba really the snow is pretty! Pretty pretty snow. Its the blowing wind that's the problem. And the freezing temperatures. Well there is that shoveling. and the layers you must wear.... :rotfl2: We got hit with it Thursday, Wednesday it was a nice spring day 50 degrees - and guess what? I had a flat! To the rim flat! Dh stayed home to get it all sorted .... woke up to Thursday - he came home so proud that it was all taken care of before the blizzard!

Nab The marathon is on Saturday and Sunday - you must pick up your packet on Friday - we were able to stretch our getaway to 6 days! :dance3: We spent more time focused on the Marathon... it was so wonderful not to have to do commando... just did a ride here and there! Mostly fell in love with the Osborn Lights and the Castle Light show!

YAH ..Sandy turned the page too..

Yah all that about snow is so darn true....then there is the nose leaking and the glasses hurting your face where they touch...and then there is the flat hair day when you wear a hat...Yah snow is kinda pretty once in a blue moon...

Kt just left...whaaaaaaaa....its not like she is far far away...but two hours is two hours...she starts back her classes on Tuesday...so she has a few days to rest up..she enjoyed the internship at the hospital here in town...but she works at a hospital pharmacy in upstate ...and loves it too...so we shall see where she decides to do after...if she wants to do the pharmacy's in hospitals then she has to do a residency for a year..that would be after she grads ..

Hey ladies! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend so far! :goodvibes

I have some exciting news! We are going to Disney World in December and I scored an awesome deal on renting points from a DVC owner. We are staying 6 nights in a studio at AKL! :love::cloud9: It's a value studio. Anyone ever stayed in one before? I hear that you have a great chance of scoring a Savannah View!

here is that chicken salsa recipe my daughter made..
2 lbs of chciken boneless skinless breasts..
one cup of salsa...one cup of petite diced canned tomatoes..
2 tablespoons of taco seasoning..one cup of onin diced fine half cup of celery diced fine..one half cup of carrots shredded..
put chicken in bottom of crock pot
sprinkle the taco seasoning over it..then layer the veggies and salsa on top..half of a cup of water over the mixture..set on low and cook for six to eight hours..shred it and eat it ...either plain with sour cream.or over rice..

so easy and omg it is delicious.
My daughter said it fell apart when she took it out of the crock pot and was easy to shred..

best part is :
164 calories..2.5 of fat..carbs are 7 and protein is 27

Just had to come and celebrate here with all of y'all! :grouphug:

It has been 5 years since we adopted Trixie our Jack/Rat Terrier. You know the one......the doorlockingwindowrollingdown Trixie! :lmao:

Yes, it has been 5 years since that COLD January day that she locked my keys in my car and then proceeded to roll the back window down so I could get her out. Seems like only yesterday! :rolleyes:

I tried to go find that old post, but I think the DIS ate it. :( That was back in the day when they didn't LOCK threads at 250 pages. :rolleyes1 Oops, maybe it was because of us that they did that! :confused3 Huh, Pumba? :eek:

oh Allie...how I can laugh so early in the morning...oh wait its not early...
I dont think it was because of "us" ...it was general...some posts had pages up the ying yang and it was not even readable...Like Our posts are good to read ...ROFL..something interesting...not garbage....

This morning at five AM...the phone rings and hubby answers it...its the local fire dept...at our "other" place a person walking by heard the smoke detectors going...so they called it in...the fire dept sent two trucks but there was no smoke or fire...so hubby went to let them in and check the house out...it was one in the hallway on the second floor going up the stairs...code says ..you have to have them at the landings...and we comply to the letter...so he was up and it was 14 below zero...My neighbor immediately called after and said that the trucks were there....she is a good neighbor and she and her husband and 12 year old son were ALL awake...I am sure they appreciated an early wakeup call that early...hahaha..

I did go back to sleep..FINALLY..and slept a few hours extra...

It is freezing out...like I said above...it was minus 14...at 5 am and now it is 3...gotta love winter...NOT !!!!

Allie-- I remember that. :laughing:Time does fly.

Pumba-- That sounds good. I will have to try that one. Love how you gave us the calories and all.

Sandy-- I missed your good morning pic. Thanks for turning the page. :thumbsup2

Busy weekend. Went to my mom yesterday. Hannah wanted to show off her beads in her hair and we wanted to share our pictures too. Those braids have to come out tonight when she gets her bath. It's time. She doesn't think so.

Now today is church then off to the inlaws to pick up Buddy our cat. Hannah can't wait. He has been there are 3 weeks now.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Happy Sunday to you, my friends. We are having a lazy Sunday today. Boris and Natasha didn't have CCD this morning, and since Natasha spent most of yesterday beurking and feverish, we decided that God would forgive us if we didn't go to church today. So now it's almost 1pm and we're all still in our pajamas. :goodvibes

My boss is in India visiting his mom for 3 weeks, so I am running all 3 websites and managing the warehouse staff. It makes for long days, but I am lucky because at least I can do lots of my work from home.

Before he left, my boss asked me if I would like to keep the full-time work schedule I started during the busy Christmas season. Since that means full-time pay without actually being in the office for full-time hours, I said YES! Did I mention that I love this new(ish) job?

Hey ladies! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend so far! :goodvibes

I have some exciting news! We are going to Disney World in December and I scored an awesome deal on renting points from a DVC owner. We are staying 6 nights in a studio at AKL! :love::cloud9: It's a value studio. Anyone ever stayed in one before? I hear that you have a great chance of scoring a Savannah View!

LE, I've never stayed at a studio, but we ALWAYS stay at AKL! Have you been there before? We LOVE that place!!! We always stay in a savannah view room too. Being there gives us the feeling that we're getting 2 vacations: the parks and all the activities there, plus the relaxation and exotic feeling of AKL.

Pumba, as far as I'm concerned, snow is only pretty on a postcard. I've seen enough of it in my lifetime to be satisfied if I never see another flake in person.

Allli It cant be 5 years! :goodvibes

Pumba That seems like quite the easy recipe! :thumbsup2 5AM :scared1: Goog Thing there was no fire! Its below zero with windchill here too! BRRRrrrrr indeed

Lali Congratulations - full time job, full time pay - and some from home! That sounds like a goog plan! :wizard:

Nab you really are making her take a bath! You MEAN mom you!! :rotfl2: One day, they too will be parents!

Lauren we rented points to stay at BWV - in a standard studio - It was great for dh and I - we ordered a bunch of items from wegoshop to be delivered, breakfast sandwiches work great in the microwave! Beer and wine too! Bottled water, pretzels, bananas...

I couldnt believe how close to the elevator we were!! :thumbsup2 (with all the marathon running, it can be quite the haul to elevators! I too love the Animal Kingdom - very peaceful, and I think I read where they are doing a better job with the busses! Hope you let us know how Boma is - we didnt eat there this time, (not enough hours in a vacation!) and I had read that they have streamlined the food again! Boma and Jiko still have some African influenced foods you cant streamline!!

OK - dogs are calling! I'm in Day 2 of HEALTHY Living - I bought one of those large glasses w/ a straw from Disney - and I'm keeping water with Lemon in it - I'm cutting back, and trying to do 15 min of exercise. Its the hardest, my back is protesting, my stomach is protesting, my hypoglycemia is protesting... but I'm a bit nervous about getting any heavier - esp with trying to get on Harry Potter's FJ ride! Down 5# (I always get really water logged in Disney - always lose a lot when I come back and the swelling goes down!)

:grouphug:

Sandy, we have eaten breakfasts and dinners at Boma, and think the food there is some of the best we have had at Disney. There truly is something for everyone, whether your tastes lend more to the unusual or more basic fare. We enjoy it enough that we would make ADRs for Boma even if we weren't staying at AKL.

Never eaten at Jiko, however. The menu doesn't seem different enough from Boma to warrant using 2 dining credits per person. We save our 2-credit meals for places like CRT. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter