Moonlight Magic Reservation Much Improved!

Yeah, those are all guesses and estimates to get an idea on the number of slots available. Lots of room for error, but it gives an idea.

I think I read that they lowered the default max number of people per membership and that they are restricting registration to one of the two days offered (that they didn't restrict for the same event in the past is surprising, though not shocking). That might be helping quite a bit for the registration rate too. I think it is great that they are offering enough capacity for those with reservations to sign up without getting shut out.

We will see how busy it is on the 5th. Wow, my vacation is coming up soon!

I think I read that they lowered the default max number of people per membership
They lowered it from 6 to 4, but if you are staying on property you can still register for the number of people listed on the room reservation.

and that they are restricting registration to one of the two days offered (that they didn't restrict for the same event in the past is surprising, though not shocking).
That restriction was also in place last year.

I read on FB and some people kept refreshing. It said not to refresh. It probably put them in the end of the cue each time, but they kept complaining. Then there was the member who was logged in on NINE devices to have a better chance. That didn’t help the line. Ugh.

Last edited:

This was my first time trying to get a Moonlight reservation. It was frustrating due to the IT issues, but after about 80 minutes from the time I first got on the website, I finally got registered with confirmation. We have 6 in our group, all staying on site with our Membership points. Again the wait and issues were a pain, but once that was fixed and the queue opened up, it went pretty smooth. All set for Feb 12. I'll look forward to people's feedback on how the Feb 5 event goes. Good luck to all and enjoy!!

And people got shut out last year? That surprises me. I wonder why this year worked out so much better.
This year is the first time they've done the whole virtual queue system for registration for these events. Last year everyone went to the actual registration page to start which overloaded the server.

And people got shut out last year? That surprises me. I wonder why this year worked out so much better.
IIRC, last year registration for the MK event made it to off-site registrations before filling up.

Wow. 70% still available at 10:13AM. I'd estimate about 4000 registrations in that time (a lot of that time was down to a tech glitch), say an average of 3 people per registration and we get 12000 people for 30% of the park (about one third). So 36000 for the event? How crowded would a 36000 person day be?

Disney states that an "average" day is 56k visitors to the MK.

IIRC, last year registration for the MK event made it to off-site registrations before filling up.
Oh. That's good to know. I think I will register in the afternoon of the first day next time then.

I didn't have any issues this morning. Jumped on the page at 7:58 Central. At 8:00 sharp I was put into the queue at 1182. Took maybe 20 minutes, it asked for Member ID. Then a few pages of agreeing to terms and number of people and I was registered for 2/5.

Hope everyone else got what they needed.

Overall, I think this new system was awesome - new, so a few glitches, but hopefully they do it better next time. And that's after it took me 2 hours between the internet and phone to register!lol
Signed on through the email at 8:55 and was 856 in line - got to the registration form at about 9:10 - but it didn't recognize my non DVC reservation and directed me to call MS. Took 10 mins to get through on MS and CM took about 5 mins to confirm problem and pass me through to a "queue set up specifically for this problem" - waited on hold for 40 mins for a "supervisor" and was disconnected. Called MS back - 20 min wait and again, after 10 mins of CM assessing what to do put back in queue (with many apologies) for a "supervisor" - at 11 am got picked up and CM fixed it all and apologized for the problems they were having.
FYI - she advised in the future that members using registration call MS in the days before a registration and double check that resort reservations are linked!
Once this is all done - I think this is going to work well - I was surprised it went so quickly! And if I had known it wasn't going to sell out, I could have called this morning and been done in 5 minutes lol - but we only have 2 days this last minute trip to see FL family and didn't even realize this was going on until I received the email - so a free evening in MK is a fun bonus for us!
I DID wonder WHY ON EARTH there was not one single studio or one bedroom available for the first week of February! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!