Moonlight Magic getting easier to book?

TexasChick123

Always Dreaming of Our Next Vacation
DVC Silver
I have been to 2 different MM events both in 2018 (TL and HS) both of these were filled to capacity within minutes of onsite guests being able to register. I seem to recall the Epcot, AK, and MK events booking up quickly last year as well. I went online this morning and saw the MK event was open to all guests. I clicked on it out of curiosity. All 3 dates were still available to book. Is this usually the case for the MM events at MK? I know that HS and TL are significantly smaller than MK, AK, and EP, but it still seems odd that there is still availability. Maybe they increased capacity? Or maybe I am totally out of touch with MM events since I haven’t been in a couple of years.

I have been to 2 different MM events both in 2018 (TL and HS) both of these were filled to capacity within minutes of onsite guests being able to register. I seem to recall the Epcot, AK, and MK events booking up quickly last year as well. I went online this morning and saw the MK event was open to all guests. I clicked on it out of curiosity. All 3 dates were still available to book. Is this usually the case for the MM events at MK? I know that HS and TL are significantly smaller than MK, AK, and EP, but it still seems odd that there is still availability. Maybe they increased capacity? Or maybe I am totally out of touch with MM events since I haven’t been in a couple of years.
MK is the easiest one to get in. Last year I booked it one week prior to the 2nd event. We saw what characters were out at the first event so I checked, assuming that there wouldn't be tickets for the 2nd event, but there were. They also added a 3rd MK event this year. Others seem to sell out quite quickly.

MK was still available for a long time last year also. The park is much bigger with more rides to go on, so they can accommodate lots more people. AK has very few things and Epcot right now has what...soarin, frozen, test track. So less people, lines would be just awful and the complaints would be non stop. The MK one is really great....special fireworks were really nice too.

Thanks for the responses. It seems I’m out of touch with MM at MK. Haha.

I wish they’d do an MK event in the summer. With kids, it’s near impossible to do these middle of the week events during the school year unless I pull my kids out of school.

We are planning on trying to go to one of the MM events at EP, but the reviews are very mixed. I don’t want to set aside an evening for it if all the wait times are 60 min or more because there aren’t a lot of rides there. Any thoughts from those who have been in the past?

I did Epcot in 2018. The worst line was test track, but there had been some kind of a situation involving a guest.....never heard the whole story. It was just really fun to be there, my dinner voucher was used for the rotisserie chicken at Sunshine Seasons. I was in heaven. There was also special fireworks. Totally enjoyed the evening.

We've enjoyed the 3 events we went to including Epcot. We don't do rides during parties though so I can't answer that. The rare characters, extra entertainment, and special evening show (along with free food) make it worthwhile even without rides.

We’re not big into the character meet and greets, so the rides are definitely what we’re after. Does anyone remember about how long the wait times were at EP?

I booked a room and a plane ticket just for MK MM, then in my own unique idiotic way, thought booking opened this week, not last. I was shocked to see tickets were still available 2 days available after.
Then again, MK can eat up crowds in a way the other parks can not. I went to it last year (maybe the year before) in January, and it did rain some, and the place was a ghost town. SDMT was the longest line, and it was less than 5 minutes.

I wish they’d do an MK event in the summer. With kids, it’s near impossible to do these middle of the week events during the school year unless I pull my kids out of school.

*Probably* won't happen because MK is open later in the summer. Never know, though, especially if rate structures and hours change as demand shifts.

We got a room reservation after the 1st registration date of Jan. 8. I was able to get tickets this morning to MK MM for March 3. At 9:20 am (Eastern time) it showed sold out.

Thank you. I just registered for the April 28th MM. I suppose I’ll have to find a room somewhere for that night.

I booked a room and a plane ticket just for MK MM, then in my own unique idiotic way, thought booking opened this week, not last. I was shocked to see tickets were still available 2 days available after.
Then again, MK can eat up crowds in a way the other parks can not. I went to it last year (maybe the year before) in January, and it did rain some, and the place was a ghost town. SDMT was the longest line, and it was less than 5 minutes.

We are toying with sneaking away for a night without the kids. They’ll be in school, and I can’t pull them out for 2 days during that time. I don’t know if we’ll do it, but we may. We could stay at All Star Music or All Star sports for $127 total. Also, I am a free companion on SW, so we would only buy one ticket with points because we have a lot of airline points with the new credit card. The real question now is whether it’s worth all the hassle of traveling, but it sure doesn’t seem like fun for a quick overnight getaway!

We got a room reservation after the 1st registration date of Jan. 8. I was able to get tickets this morning to MK MM for March 3. At 9:20 am (Eastern time) it showed sold out.

My computer is still allowing me to book all 3 dates with “extremely limited availability” in bold print. Maybe some people cancelled.

We are toying with sneaking away for a night without the kids. They’ll be in school, and I can’t pull them out for 2 days during that time. I don’t know if we’ll do it, but we may. We could stay at All Star Music or All Star sports for $127 total. Also, I am a free companion on SW, so we would only buy one ticket with points because we have a lot of airline points with the new credit card. The real question now is whether it’s worth all the hassle of traveling, but it sure doesn’t seem like fun for a quick overnight getaway!

My computer is still allowing me to book all 3 dates with “extremely limited availability” in bold print. Maybe some people cancelled.
Yes, people could have cancelled. It had the "extremely limited availability" when I booked.

That is odd. An hour ago I just got tickets for 4, and then my SIL got another 4 all for 3/4. We are local and have out of town guest coming in and thought this would be a great inexpensive night out since we can get them in the park at 6 pm.

Laura

Well, we decided to fly in for a night to go to MM at MK without the kids. The irony is that I tell everyone that I wouldn’t make a “special trip” for a MM event except maybe one at MK, and here I am finally doing it.

We’ve never been to one at MK. The plane tickets are super cheap, plus I’m a free companion, a room at Pop (I’ve never stayed there) is $145/night, we’ll probably get fed dinner with the meal vouchers, and my husband won’t have to activate his AP since he’ll get in with the MM ticket at 6pm.

I keep asking myself if we’re crazy to do this, but it just seems like a fun adventure. It’s only a 2.5 hr flight for us too, so it’s manageable.

Well, we decided to fly in for a night to go to MM at MK without the kids. The irony is that I tell everyone that I wouldn’t make a “special trip” for a MM event except maybe one at MK, and here I am finally doing it.

We’ve never been to one at MK. The plane tickets are super cheap, plus I’m a free companion, a room at Pop (I’ve never stayed there) is $145/night, we’ll probably get fed dinner with the meal vouchers, and my husband won’t have to activate his AP since he’ll get in with the MM ticket at 6pm.

I keep asking myself if we’re crazy to do this, but it just seems like a fun adventure. It’s only a 2.5 hr flight for us too, so it’s manageable.
We drove down from Canada for last year's MK event so I had to stop telling people not to plan a trip around MM lol. Got in the evening before, then spent a full day at MK followed by the party, then drove home the next morning. We had a blast!

Just to encourage you: MM @ MK was the best we have experienced out of 4. Have a great time! Good on ya for going for it!

Just to encourage you: MM @ MK was the best we have experienced out of 4. Have a great time! Good on ya for going for it!

Thank you for the encouragement! We’ve only been to the HS and TL MM events. We will actually be at WDW during one of the MM events at EP, so that will only leave AK. We will miss the HS event by one day in the fall this year, but we’ve already done that one. I know GE is open now and the new MMRR will be open, but I can’t pull my kids out of any more school.

We drove down from Canada for last year's MK event so I had to stop telling people not to plan a trip around MM lol. Got in the evening before, then spent a full day at MK followed by the party, then drove home the next morning. We had a blast!

Your drive from Canada was definitely more of a time commitment than our short flight. I’m glad to hear you thought it was worthwhile to go to MM at MK. Thank you! :)

I’ll be going to MM at AK this Tuesday. I’m flying in Monday nite, staying offsite, going to the party and driving from there to the airport, where I have a 6:55 AM flight home. I’ll be doing the same thing March 3, except staying at OKW and not flying out after the party until 4 PM. I’ve got DVC reservations for MM dates at Epcot and HS. If I can’t get in, I’ll cancel the DVC reservation and the Southwest flight. I have vouchers on Southwest that I have to use by May 18th, so the flight is costing the taxes on the ticket. I’ll use points on SWA for the October MM. it’s unlikely that I’ll go to all 4 parks next year but this helps make up for no Disney AP or week vacation there this year. I’m expecting that HS will be hard to get this year.

I was able to get a MM for Animal Kingdom on February 25th. We will be driving up for the day and staying at All Star Sports For $113. This is our first MM event and I don’t know what to expect. Do you think the lines for FOP will be reasonable?

I also got a MM for Magic Kingdom on April 28th. I didn’t tell my wife though. If we have fun at Animal Kingdom, then I will spring it on her. if not, I’ll just cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter