Month-long car rental advice?

Day-al

Earning My Ears
Hey all! My hubs and I are driving to Florida from Maine next winter for a month+ visit. We are stopping in Daytona for a few days to visit my daughter at school. Then we will travel on to the Cape Haze area for a month. Then moving up to our timeshare at Orange Lake for a week. Then driving home. We are planning on driving one car down and would like to rent a car for a month or so. Most likely picking up at Sanford airport but that’s not set in stone. And advice on where to look for good deals? I just did a quick search and Enterprise was about $2500+/- for a small SUV. Avis was a bit cheaper. I would love to rent a Jeep Wrangler but again, not set in stone lol. Thoughts on where to look? Things to consider? I’ve rented plenty of cars in the past but never for this long. Thanks ☺️

https://www.sixt.com/long-term-car-rental/florida/#/

With SIXT a long term rental arrangement in Florida can mean getting a better rate.

Sixt provides a wide selection of up to date and high quality cars in several categories. You will have the chance to choose from economy, luxury, and sports cars among others. Or opt for a SUV, a 4x4 or a convertible. Whichever class of car you decide best suits your style and long term car rental in Florida needs, we are sure to have a match.

search: long term car rental in Florida

there are places that specialize . . .

Why Rent a car when you have your own ?

Sixt is one of the biggest car rental co. in Europe
Because there are two of us and my husband likes to golf which would strand me at our house. I’ve heard of Sixt before but they’re not available in Sanford unfortunately.

A good answer BUT Make sure you have the Rental car as it could be a newer one than your own family one

If you are not taking the insurance make sure your own insurance covers it for more than 30 days. In NY the insurance will only cover you for up to 30 days.

Personally, I would save the $2,500 and just drop your husband off to golf then you have the car to shop or do other things.

I would make sure to read the reviews of any rental company you have never heard of. Some may do well in other countries but have seen a LOT of bad reviews when something goes wrong.

I would recommend looking for car rental agencies that are not at an airport. There are usually a variety of airport related fees that you can avoid by renting off-site. Also, you might want to check into Turo car rentals. This is where you rent a car from a private party, sort of like AirBnB, but for cars.

I would recommend looking for car rental agencies that are not at an airport. There are usually a variety of airport related fees that you can avoid by renting off-site. Also, you might want to check into Turo car rentals. This is where you rent a car from a private party, sort of like AirBnB, but for cars.
Thank you! That is very helpful!

Or even figure out the cost of a rideshare. It would probably be less than $2500 and then he doesn't have to worry about driving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter