Monster Under My Drivers Seat!!!! AGGHHHH!!!

JimFitz

<font color=deeppink>possum chauffeur<br><font col
Well, here goes....

Last night we had some horrific rain. My wife was out with my MIL and when she came home with the kids she ran inside very fast and forgot to close the power side door of our Honda Oddyssey. Anyway, after the rain had stopped, I went to take out the garbage and noticed the car door was opened. I immediately saw a puddle and got some towels to clean up the water. I was pretty mad, but cleaned up the mess and told my wife to remember to close the doors.

It gets better.....

This morning, we wake up and I decide to stay home and hang out with the kids and my wife. We get everyone dressed and head out to the car. I open the side door and check where the water was. Everything seemed fine, though still damp but I was happy that the water was drying up. Anyway, I am strapping the kids in and I notice a TURD on the floor!!! I grab a wipe and pick it up. I assume it must be from a cat who decided to camp out in our car to let the rain pass by. I did check the car the night before to make sure nothing had entered. So, I get rid of the crap and tell my wife that something could be in the car. What does she do???? Rolls her eyes and tells me to get in the car since we are late going to Target! How can anyone be late going to Target!??!!??? :confused:

I do a quick sweep of the car and notice that everything is clear, or so I think. We spend the day driving, shopping, dropping the kids off at pre-school, and other errands. We pick up the kids from pre-school and decide to hit an early dinner. Before we go to dinner I want to go to the car wash and vacuum the car to remove some of the water still in the rugs and also get rid of all the garbage my kids have managed to bring into the car. We pull up to the car wash, the type that has the vacuum yourself stalls, and I begin to get ready. Now, the kids are watching a DVD, the wife is gathering garbage and other items off the floor and from the side doors and I start the vacuum. So I am getting the car nice and clean and I hear my wife utter HOLY CRAP! I look over and she is standing by the drivers side door and tells me she sees a tail. I say "WHAT"!!! I run over and look and sure enough there is a tail sticking out from under the drivers seat. The tail was kind of looped around so all I could see was some gray and black hairs, but it was definitely a tail. OMG!!!!!! After I screamed like a girl who just saw the Beatles live on the Ed Sullivan show, I decided I needed to do something. My head said "run like the wind Fat Man", but my heart said be a man and get the kids out of the car. Kids? I have Kids? Oh yeah!! Everyone out!! Everyone out! I get the kids out of their booster seats (twin boys 3 yrs) and then I grab our other son Max who is 18 months old. My wife heads about 50 feet away and I begin my plan. First, I kick the seat. No luck. Next, I decide to move the power seat to see if that gets whatever it is too move....no luck. Then I get smart :) I decide to vacuum the SOB out of my car. No luck, but it moved! AGGGH IT MOVED! I run away screaming and then decide to head back to the car. Where did it go? At this point, the car wash attendant sees me having some trouble and he walks over and asks "what's the problem"? I tell him something is under my seat and he looks, sees what it is and says "WOAH dude that is nasty". I say, "what the hell is it", and he replies "I don't know but it's big and ugly". Then he walks away. He walks away!!! He turns the corner and then 1 minute later comes back with his friend. His friend gets a stick, pokes the monster and it bolts to the back of my car. I now had my first full look at a possum, the size of a large cat and it looked pretty ticked off!!!! It ran under the back seat and we immediately went to the back of the car and lowered my rear seats into the floor. The possum was staring right at us, showed it's teeth and bolted towards the front and back under the drivers seat. I was totally freaked but the second car wash attendant was enjoying this. He takes a towel, reaches under the seat without looking!!??? He grabs the possum by it's tail and pulls it out. All you hear is squeaking and scratching. He pulls it out, grabs it by the neck proceeds to scare his co-workers by dangling it in their faces and then decides to let the animal have its peace and tosses it behind the car wash in some bushes and trees. The possum waddles away and I was amazed. I was so relieved to have that thing out of my car that I bought them all dinner and then drove back at closing with a case of beer for them.

I am typing this now and thinking that I can not drive that car again. We drove the entire day with that thing sitting under the drivers seat!!!!

Lock your doors people.

Oh, and don't be late for Target. :confused: ;)

JimFitz said:
Well, here goes....

Last night we had some horrific rain. My wife was out with my MIL and when she came home with the kids she ran inside very fast and forgot to close the power side door of our Honda Oddyssey. Anyway, after the rain had stopped, I went to take out the garbage and noticed the car door was opened. I immediately saw a puddle and got some towels to clean up the water. I was pretty mad, but cleaned up the mess and told my wife to remember to close the doors.

It gets better.....

This morning, we wake up and I decide to stay home and hang out with the kids and my wife. We get everyone dressed and head out to the car. I open the side door and check where the water was. Everything seemed fine, though still damp but I was happy that the water was drying up. Anyway, I am strapping the kids in and I notice a TERD on the floor!!! I grab a wipe and pick it up. I assume it must be from a cat who decided to camp out in our car to let the rain pass by. I did check the car the night before to make sure nothing had entered. So, I get rid of the crap and tell my wife that something could be in the car. What does she do???? Rolls her eyes and tells me to get in the car since we are late going to Target! How can anyone be late going to Target!??!!??? :confused:

I do a quick sweep of the car and notice that everything is clear, or so I think. We spend the day driving, shopping, dropping the kids off at pre-school, and other errands. We pick up the kids from pre-school and decide to hit an early dinner. Before we go to dinner I want to go to the car wash and vacuum the car to remove some of the water still in the rugs and also get rid of all the garbage my kids have managed to bring into the car. We pull up to the car wash, the type that has the vacuum yourself stalls, and I begin to get ready. Now, the kids are watching a DVD, the wife is gathering garbage and other items off the floor and from the side doors and I start the vacuum. So I am getting the car nice and clean and I hear my wife utter HOLY CRAP! I look over and she is standing by the drivers side door and tells me she sees a tail. I say "WHAT"!!! I run over and look and sure enough there is a tail sticking out from under the drivers seat. The tail was kind of looped around so all I could see was some gray and black hairs, but it was definitely a tail. OMG!!!!!! After I screamed like a girl who just saw the Beatles live on the Ed Sullivan show, I decided I needed to do something. My head said "run like the wind Fat Man", but my heart said be a man and get the kids out of the car. Kids? I have Kids? Oh yeah!! Everyone out!! Everyone out! I get the kids out of their booster seats (twin boys 3 yrs) and then I grab our other son Max who is 18 months old. My wife heads about 50 feet away and I begin my plan. First, I kick the seat. No luck. Next, I decide to move the power seat to see if that gets whatever it is too move....no luck. Then I get smart :) I decide to vacuum the SOB out of my car. No luck, but it moved! AGGGH IT MOVED! I run away screaming and then decide to head back to the car. Where did it go? At this point, the car wash attendant sees me having some trouble and he walks over and asks "what's the problem"? I tell him something is under my seat and he looks, sees what it is and says "WOAH dude that is nasty". I say, "what the hell is it", and he replies "I don't know but it's big and ugly". Then he walks away. He walks away!!! He turns the corner and then 1 minute later comes back with his friend. His friend gets a stick, pokes the monster and it bolts to the back of my car. I now had my first full look at a possum, the size of a large cat and it looked pretty ticked off!!!! It ran under the back seat and we immediately went to the back of the car and lowered my rear seats into the floor. The possum was staring right at us, showed it's teeth and bolted towards the front and back under the drivers seat. I was totally freaked but the second car wash attendant was enjoying this. He takes a towel, reaches under the seat without looking!!??? He grabs the possum by it's tail and pulls it out. All you hear is squeaking and scratching. He pulls it out, grabs it by the neck proceeds to scare his co-workers by dangling it in their faces and then decides to let the animal have its peace and tosses it behind the car wash in some bushes and trees. The possum waddles away and I was amazed. I was so relieved to have that thing out of my car that I bought them all dinner and then drove back at closing with a case of beer for them.

I am typing this now and thinking that I can not drive that car again. We drove the entire day with that thing sitting under the drivers seat!!!!

Lock your doors people.

Oh, and don't be late for Target. :confused: ;)

OMG! I almost fell out of my seat laughing when I read this! :rotfl: :rotfl: I would have been freaked too! :earseek:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Okay, I'm losing it here - but I don't blame you for screaming like a girl!!

Possums are mean little buggers - they bite and are carriers of rabies.

I can't believe it stayed in your car all day long! :faint:

OH MY GOODNESS!
That is absolutely my worst nightmare! And I can't tell you how many times my kids and my DH have left our sliding doors on our Odyssey open and even the trunk. (Don't get me started about the attached garage door!)

I am soooo not into rodents or marsupials or whatever a possum really is! It's furry and mean and ugly! You're lucky they're nocturnal so it didn't come out and bite you while you were driving...can you IMAGINE!
I'm afraid to turn around in my seat right now!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Did you get new pants while you were at Target?
There is no way mine would have been suitable for wearing if I had found a possum under my seat! Ugh! :faint:

ohmigod...that's wicked funny! The poor oppossum must have been screaming "Holy Crap" too!!!!

You made me LAUGH OUT LOUD! That is tooo funny. Lucky for you the car wash guy was a fearless fool!! :rotfl2:

:rotfl: :rotfl: I snorted my Diet Coke reading that!! Thanks for the burning sensation in my nose and for the laughs!

Note to self.....if you see a turd, investigate further before heading off to Target :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: That was a great story, thank -you :teeth:

JimFitz said:
Rolls her eyes and tells me to get in the car since we are late going to Target! How can anyone be late going to Target!??!!??? :confused:

After I screamed like a girl who just saw the Beatles live on the Ed Sullivan show, I decided I needed to do something. My head said "run like the wind Fat Man",
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

These are my two favorite parts, and this will be a classic DIS story for years to come!!!!!!

OH I AM ROLLING!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Sorry, but that's the funniest thing I've read in ages!! Thank goodness it decided to stay under the seat all day - can you imagine if it had taken a swipe at your ankles while you were driving?!?! :scared1: :scared1:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. After a horrible day of running errands (no, I was not late for Target) and almost 2 hours of 1st, 3rd and 5th grade homework, I so needed that laugh. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

kadaten said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Did you get new pants while you were at Target? :faint:

I second this question....Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience.....this is so my worst nightmare - and I freak out at spiders :faint:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

My stomach hurts from laughing! :rotfl: OMG, that was funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter