MONEY

wilma

Earning My Ears
How does everyone take thier spending money? Do you pay for everything on a credit card then pay it off when you get home. Take half cash and then use a creit card? Then again you could take travelers checks. Thanks again for your help!!

hi: if you are staying on site, you can opt for charging privileges on your resort id. the front desk will ask for a credit card to charge this to. also, if you are staying on site, you may cash personal checks at the front desk of your hotel. i don't remember if the limit is $50-$100 per day. the only cash i carry down there is basically for tipping or any counter service food i might buy. everything else goes on the room card.

Travelers Checks!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

tink.gif

Cash only except for gas. Then when we come home, we have no bills to worry about. We split the money between my husband and I. I use mine until it runs out, then we use his.

We brought about $600.00 cash with us, $70.00 in Disney Dollars for the kids to spend and when all that ran out we used our Debit card! Boy did it all go fast! :)

One of the best ideas I've tried, is figuring about $50/day for food, souveniers and mad-money per kid. This ensures that they each get to eat when/what they want, and no whining. Plus, I don't feel 'nickeled to death' by teenagers begging me to buy them a T-shirt, or trinket. If they have $300 in cold hard cash to spend during the stay, you would be amazed at how happy they are to eat a cheap hamburger, and how well they can save the money. Plus, I know up front how much money to budget for the vacation. My wife and I use our VISA, and because the kids have their money already, we haven't blown a budget yet. Works great for us; plus it teaches the kids to budget their own money. I'd rather have them learn now, and risk $300 on stupidity, than wait for them to hit college and get a credit card, and then be at risk for thousands. Teach'em young, and teach'em well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter