Monerail Transportation Question

gabzee

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone! How long would it take to get from the MK to Epcot? I would assume it takes about the same amount of time to get back to MK from Epcot? Also, how long would it take to get to Contemporary Resort from Epcot? Thank you! :goodvibes

Hey everyone! How long would it take to get from the MK to Epcot? I would assume it takes about the same amount of time to get back to MK from Epcot? Also, how long would it take to get to Contemporary Resort from Epcot? Thank you! :goodvibes

I'd leave about an hour from gate to gate just to be safe. It should take less time than that, but if you just miss one leaving MK, then just miss one leaving the TTC when you are changing to the Epcot line, and there are any delays or unplanned stops (pretty common on the MK lines) it can take that long. If you are heading back to somewhere in the Epcot World Showcase leave some additional time to get there once you arrive at the park as that can take a pretty long time too.

Coming back to the MK or going from Epcot to the CR I would plan for the same time.

As I said, it probably will take less time (maybe a lot less), but better safe than sorry.

An hour seems like a good time estimate; it might take less but it might take the full amount depending on how lucky you are.

When going from Epcot to the Contemporary, remember that at the TTC you'll have to take the resort monorail. The Contemporary is the last stop (goes from TTC to Poly to GF to MK to CR). So that might take a bit longer than going from MK to Epcot.

The ride from TTC to Epcot is about 13 minutes.

The ride from MK to TTC on the express monorail should take about 3 minutes. If you are hurrying to make something, take the express monorail. You can get off that one and walk straight across to the Epcot monorail boarding area. If you take the resort monorail you have to walk down the ramp at TTC and up the Epcot monorail ramp.

That's just the rides, not time spent waiting for the monorail to arrive or time spent sitting on the beam if the monorail has to pause.

It will take you SIGNIFICANTLY less than an hour via Monorail. If you want to be safe, 30 mins is more than enough and thats nearly twice longer than it should take.

It will take you SIGNIFICANTLY less than an hour via Monorail. If you want to be safe, 30 mins is more than enough and thats nearly twice longer than it should take.
Weeelllll, there was that one time, in the summer, that lightening struck the beam...shut the whole darn thing down for hours. It took us close to 2.5 hrs to get from Epcot over to the MK...nasty.

While I understand that it 'can' take just 30 mins, that's a bad thing to count on. If you are walking up the ramp, and as you get to the top, the monorail pulls away, you may find yourself waiting for 15 mins for the next car to come along. Add in the 13 mins of actual ride time to that...barring any 'situations' along the way, and then a possible wait for the Express monorail to come, and then the 3-5 mins to MK??? You're at 45 mins!! Better to leave an hour....no need to worry then. Just relax and enjoy the ride.

Thank you all for your help! We will leave an hour for transportation time so we have some cushion room! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!