Mom Rants about "childless Millennials" at Disney World

Some people are always going to find a reason to be angry and blame others for it, but this goes to show just how strongly some people consider the parks are just for families even though Disney has increased marketing towards adults in the past couple of decades but especially recently.

The only adults who think this way are the ones who dislike Disney but feel obligated to take their kids there. They're the ones who will be so relieved when their kids grow up so they can take "real" vacations and not just trips that cater to their kids.

Or entitled adult brats who will find whatever excuse for their entitlement is most convenient. They're the ones who will go to Disney again when they're retired and complain about how seniors don't get special treatment.

I am always annoyed and slightly offended that I am not considered a "family" because I don't have children. DH and I constitute a family as much as any other group of related or non-related individuals. Or that it's assumed that I must not like/should not be at "family" oriented activities or places because I'm an adult unaccompanied by young children. As though the only reason an adult could possibly be at a family oriented place is because they have to be due to the presence of a child. That I'd rather be or should be at some raunchy show or rowdy bar if I'm on my own.

It could have been an opportunity to begin to teach a young child patience and how to defer pleasures rather than how to be an entitled brat. And what 3 year old hasn't cried because they want something and don't get it - if this is the first time she's ever had to deal with it, I can only assume the kid is very spoiled and overly indulged. Although, upon reading it over again, I think she has the patience and lack of ability to defer pleasures of a 3 year old. Oh, and probably is a millennial. Buying crap for her kid instead of herself. You just have to sigh and :rolleyes2

I am 40 and I have traveled to lots of parks on my own. I'm fact I find it a lot to of times better going on my own, then with people. From the sounds of it, the lady is a lot like people I work with, who don't understand how one can like going to parks at my age I do have a child on the way with my gf and looking forward to taking the baby to Disney.

One of my favorite encounters with an older relative was at a party celebrating yet another cousin getting married. He asked me was I getting hitched and I responded no, I was happily single. His response, oh so you have chosen freedom and disposable income? Yes, yes I have. Lol. And this woman and the NY post article are just jealous...

LOL. This has to be fake, doesn't it? But if it's not, then yes, of course it's the childless adults who are entitled in this scenario. Who would ever imagine that you might need to wait in a line at DIsney?! I know a lot of parents bring very young kids to Disney, but I honestly can't imagine how hard that is. (That's sympathy, not judgement!) One wait after another, all day long. There's a reason my youngest was in first grade before we were willing to brave the parks. I'm a preschool teacher and some of my 3 and 4 year old students have gone and loved it, but I'm sure there were some epic meltdowns on those trips!

I guess the next time I go to the parks I'll have to call my sister to borrow one of my nephews. I mean, they kinda look like me...

The only adults who think this way are the ones who dislike Disney but feel obligated to take their kids there. They're the ones who will be so relieved when their kids grow up so they can take "real" vacations and not just trips that cater to their kids.

Or entitled adult brats who will find whatever excuse for their entitlement is most convenient. They're the ones who will go to Disney again when they're retired and complain about how seniors don't get special treatment.
Yeah, regardless of whether this one is a fake, I've seen this attitude elsewhere and I do think this is exactly what it boils down to. The thing is, good family entertainment isn't the same thing as children's entertainment, but there are a lot of people out there who don't seem to understand that there's a difference.

I feel like you can actually see a prime example of family theme park vs. children's theme park if you compare WDW to Legoland. As a kid, I really wanted to go to both. As an adult, I have zero desire to go to Legoland because I know the majority of their rides are for children only. And honestly, it boggles my mind that parents put up with that. The idea that it's just normal for parents to be bored whenever their kids are doing something fun is really, really weird to me. I'm not a parent, so take this opinion with a huge grain of salt, though.

So over the top has to be fake. Check out the Katiebug rant from years back. Think someone is having a great laugh!
What's the katiebug rant?

ETA: Never mind. I found it through some searching. It's "katiebugladybug". Yeah... wow. That is some good stuff!

Last edited:
Yeah, regardless of whether this one is a fake, I've seen this attitude elsewhere and I do think this is exactly what it boils down to. The thing is, good family entertainment isn't the same thing as children's entertainment, but there are a lot of people out there who don't seem to understand that there's a difference.

I feel like you can actually see a prime example of family theme park vs. children's theme park if you compare WDW to Legoland. As a kid, I really wanted to go to both. As an adult, I have zero desire to go to Legoland because I know the majority of their rides are for children only. And honestly, it boggles my mind that parents put up with that. The idea that it's just normal for parents to be bored whenever their kids are doing something fun is really, really weird to me. I'm not a parent, so take this opinion with a huge grain of salt, though.

Or SeaWorld owned Sesame Place in Langhorne, PA.

If this is true (though I hope it is not), she is a parent that needs counseling let alone parenting classes. The yelling and vulgar words alone reek of immaturity.
Yes, drag your exhausted 3 year old through Disney and blame others for your bad decisions. Sheesh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter