Moderators/DIS'rs

I like it just like it is. I don't think there are enough Disney only bargains to have a Disney only board.

geetey said:
I just don't think the deals for WDW are available like they used to be, so the board has naturely evolved into what it is now. I know when I booked our first WDW trip, I spent a couple of hours on the boards and was able to shave over $1000 from our trip expense. Those same kinds of things just aren't out there anymore. I feel the board would become quite inactive. Sorry :(

If there were lots of Disney deals we were missing because of the other posts, I would agree about a split board. I just don't think there is anything to post about.

Terry--I think it is cheating to write my post before I do. :flower:

In otherwords--ITA with Terry!

I like the board the way it is...but I have often wondered if a seperate EBAY might help those intrested in Ebaying/issues with ebay. But I think saving money is saving money, and agree with others many of the deals are gone (for a while :rolleyes: ) but I try to check the codes board too. The pop up window is a great tool... :cool1:

I love this board exactly as it is, with a mix of money-saving tips for WDW, frugal living tips, and Ebay posts. I think dividing it into 2 boards would make each board a bit dull. Really, there just AREN'T that many ways to save money at WDW, and a board devoted to just that would (I believe) quickly become abandoned.

This same question is posted every couple months but my answer stays the same....I LOVE this board the way it is!!! :goodvibes

ceecee said:
I like it as is. I just don't read the threads that don't interest me. I have saved money on other things from this board and most people like me, put any extra $ into the Disney fund!

I agree!

Another vote to keep the Budget Board as it is. I like seeing tips for saving in any way, not just at Disney.

I say keep it the same. I just skip over the posts that don't interest me.
Since the DVC boards split up, I still have trouble figuring out which place to post a question. I would probably have the same trouble with two budget boards.

lizziepooh said:
I say keep it the same. I just skip over the posts that don't interest me.
Since the DVC boards split up, I still have trouble figuring out which place to post a question. I would probably have the same trouble with two budget boards.

I agree!!

I'm with the OP on this one.

I come here to read about Disney, but the vast majority of the posts in this section have no relationship at all to Disney. Yes, I agree that there is a lot of interest in this stuff - just ask my daughter-in-law - and some accomidation should be made for the discussion. But I'd much prefer a Disney board with stuff that actually relates to Disney.

Just my opinion.

As one of the biggest offenders of posting non-Disney freebies, I can say that I would be totally cool with posting only Disney freebies. I promise to look even harder for the Disney deals than I already do. :earsgirl:

I enjoy the board just the way it is. My only preference would be for people to be more specific in the title as to what the thread is about. I personally don't like "teasers" and wish I knew exactly what subject is being discussed just by skimming over the title.

calypso*a*go-go said:
I enjoy the board just the way it is. My only preference would be for people to be more specific in the title as to what the thread is about. I personally don't like "teasers" and wish I knew exactly what subject is being discussed just by skimming over the title.

Agree with calypso*a*go-go. I like it the way it is.

I say keep it the same. It only takes a few seconds to scan over the titles of the posts to see which ones really interest me. By including the "non- Disney" posts I have saved a lot of money over the years. If they separate the posts, I would just have to read 2 different board areas.

Just putting my 2 cents in. I vote for keeping it the way it is. If there is a title of a thread you are not sure interests you, you can always mouse over the title and read the beginings of it. Open it if it appeals to you or not. Another Budget board? I just don't think it's a good idea. Just my 2 cents.

calypso*a*go-go said:

I concur. One board, but definately keep titles more informative! I just skimmed one page worth of titles and really the worst offender of non-information was this very thread ;)

"Moderators/DIS'rs"...what? "Moderators/DIS'rs I have free tickets to Disney for you!" hehe! :) woohoo!

ps: i too get turned off by e-bay thread after e-bay thread but as long as they're marked I can skip it. if any split happens I'd say give ebay their own board! at least it would be very easy to decide on which board to post a topic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter