MNSSHP - Here's What Happens!

Ok I'm popping back in to take back the not so nice things I said to the OP of this thread...it has definitely turned into a great MNSHHP thread with lots of info that I'm enjoying while planning my first party Oct. 10. :thumbsup2

I know this has been a popular topic all over the boards and some people have gotten down right nasty over it, but - are strollers free at the party this year?

Adding another question here...we really would prefer to see the first parade because my niece and nephew will be fading fast if we stay super late. Anyway, we want to watch it in Frontierland this year instead of main street where we usually watch party parades. We are going Oct. 10, which is a Friday - what time should I start finding a spot to sit?

bumping my own questions (and public apology) back up to hopefully get an answer :goodvibes

We are so excited for our first MNSSHP! This will be our first family trip and our DS4 has no clue that we will be going to a Halloween party too!

This thread is making me so excited, I can hardly stand it! I want to start packing now and I have 27 days left!!!:cool1: :banana: :woohoo:

Cameron'sMom, you just need the party ticket to get in. They'll start admitting folks for the party around 4pm, so you can actually get in a few extra hours before the official party starts.

Wonders10, I don't know the answer to your strollers question... my best guess is that they're still free since we haven't heard anyone posting about it being different this year. I can also tell you that we walked up to the rope in Frontierland, right where the parade starts, only about 5-10 minutes before and had front row seats. Now, in my opinion further into Frontierland would give you a better view if you don't mind waiting. And I'd guess grabbing a seat at least 45 minutes before to have a pretty close view.

Maybe someone with more experience can give you a better, more precise answer!

bumping my own questions (and public apology) back up to hopefully get an answer :goodvibes

I've seen a few posts that say that the strollers are not free this year. I would plan on paying for one and consider it a "magical moment" if it happens to be free.

My favorite parade spot is in Liberty Square kind of right outside the Hall of Presidents across from the Riverboat. It's much easier to double back into Fantasyland or head into Adventureland. When you're in Frontierland, you kind of have no choice but to follow the parade to get out of there. It's been a few years since we've been to a MNSSHP, but I'd stake out a spot and plant myself at least 30-40 minutes before regardless where you plan to view.

My favorite parade spot is in Liberty Square kind of right outside the Hall of Presidents across from the Riverboat. It's much easier to double back into Fantasyland or head into Adventureland. When you're in Frontierland, you kind of have no choice but to follow the parade to get out of there. It's been a few years since we've been to a MNSSHP, but I'd stake out a spot and plant myself at least 30-40 minutes before regardless where you plan to view.

I think this is where i"m going to try to be on Sept 23, so no one else sit there, OK?? :lmao: I made matching tees for the party. I'm not so into the costume thing, but I love to make tee-shirts. Here is what I came up with:

372347534_hBhRe-L.jpg

We attended the party on 9/9 and had to pay for our stroller. :guilty: Also, Cinderella's carriage was in the stroller parking area to the left of Small World. The line was steady, but never too long. Same for the hearse in front of Haunted Mansion.

It was HOT! DH and I did not dress up, but DD did--she was a cheerleader and her costume was perfect for the weather there! :cheer2:

Grab your candy bags and have a great time--we did! :banana:

I think this is where i"m going to try to be on Sept 23, so no one else sit there, OK?? :lmao: I made matching tees for the party. I'm not so into the costume thing, but I love to make tee-shirts. Here is what I came up with:

372347534_hBhRe-L.jpg

Very cute shirts. I'm so jealous - I didn't get the "crafty" gene in my family so I wouldn't even attempt it.

And I promise not to sit there on 9/23 if you guys promise not to sit there on 10/2...deal?? :rotfl2:

I've seen a few posts that say that the strollers are not free this year. I would plan on paying for one and consider it a "magical moment" if it happens to be free.

Hi!

From that parade location can you see the HalloWishes fireworks? We will be going to that second parade, I think, and will need to stay put for our spot. The fireworks are just before the second parade if I remember correctly.
TIA!

Hi!

From that parade location can you see the HalloWishes fireworks? We will be going to that second parade, I think, and will need to stay put for our spot. The fireworks are just before the second parade if I remember correctly.
TIA!

Nope - you'd have to move for the fireworks.

What we did for Pirate and Princess Party, and our plan for MNSSHP is to double back into Fantasyland which is pretty empty during the parade and see what we can get on with little/no wait. We'll work our way into Tomorrowland and come across the bridge into "the hub" area in front of the castle to find a spot for the fireworks. BTW - The bridge is NOT a good viewing spot either - learned that the hard way in May.

The parade starts at 8:15, so it comes through that Liberty Square area fairly quickly - maybe 15 minutes or so?? That gives you close to an hour to double back around the back of the park which was kind of empty since so many people are still watching the parade.

It worked during Pirate and Princess...here's hoping it works again!

Can anyone confirm or deny that the Princes are in the tent with the Princesses this year? I read on one thread they were ... and don't want to wait in line to find out they aren't.

They were not listed as being there, so we didn't enter. We had already met DD's princess requirement before the party and the sign above the queue said Aurora and Cinderella, whom we'd already met--no mention of princes. Sorry, wish I could be of more help!

We got our tickets for Sept 23rd and we are all ready to go! Now to figure out how to move the time up to Sat so we can be on our way!! Where's that atomic clock again? :rotfl:

Is it just me, or did it seem like there were a lot more updates last year? I know they've only been going for a few weeks now, but I've only seen a handful of reports. I just remember the 2007 MNSSHP "Tell-All" thread was hoppin'.

I really have a Not So Scary problem. I'm addicted to it. ;)

Thanks for posting. I just bought our tickets for 9/26. I was on the fence about spending so much for them, but after reading this I'm glad I did. My kids are going to love it.

What an awesome thread! Thanks for starting it. My sister and I are going to the 10/13 party, and can't wait!! :banana: :banana:

We're both dressing up too. She's going to be a pirate wench, and I'm going to go as the woman on the tightrope in the Haunted Mansion stretching room portrait.

HMCostume.jpg

What an awesome thread! Thanks for starting it. My sister and I are going to the 10/13 party, and can't wait!! :banana: :banana:

We're both dressing up too. She's going to be a pirate wench, and I'm going to go as the woman on the tightrope in the Haunted Mansion stretching room portrait.

HMCostume.jpg

That is a great costume idea! I still can't totally decide what to go as...I have an amazing Hogwarts robe that I can wear, but its long and I don't want it to get caught, so I'm looking for another option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter