MNSSHP....a rumor, or not a rumor.....

In the past when we have been in the park prior to party time (which has been all but two of 7 times in the past three years) - at 6pm party goers were directed to go to Tomorrowland or Adventureland (those are the two I remember waiting in). This past October DD and I bought tickets at the gate on the spur of the moment for a MNSSHP and entered around 5pm, at 6pm we were directed to Tomorrowland, and sat at a table and watched as CMs approached each person/group of people who walked by them if they had party tickets... if so they were directed to the area to get their wristbands if they did not already have them, and if not they were asked to leave.... I also believe that they had CMs at places like the entrance into Adventureland (where we tried to go originally as that was the area we went to the year before), etc not allowing entry to those areas. CMs were also stationed up and down Main Street directing non party goers nicely "out the door"!

I have also seen CMs approach folks who were not trying to get into a show or ride i.e. sitting curbside who did not have visible wristbands - ask to be shown them!

The logistics of all of this is huge - but they have been doing it for years, and I am sure they will "have it covered" as to not disappoint paying party goers.

I can't say for those who are resort guests and who use Disney transportation, but for anyone who drives into the park, the closing time is clearly posted, and the one year that we entered around 3:30pm, we were advised by the CM at the entrance that the park was closing early due to the party.

makinorlando said:
In the past when we have been in the park prior to party time (which has been all but two of 7 times in the past three years) - at 6pm party goers were directed to go to Tomorrowland or Adventureland (those are the two I remember waiting in). This past October DD and I bought tickets at the gate on the spur of the moment for a MNSSHP and entered around 5pm, at 6pm we were directed to Tomorrowland, and sat at a table and watched as CMs approached each person/group of people who walked by them if they had party tickets... if so they were directed to the area to get their wristbands if they did not already have them, and if not they were asked to leave.... I also believe that they had CMs at places like the entrance into Adventureland (where we tried to go originally as that was the area we went to the year before), etc not allowing entry to those areas. CMs were also stationed up and down Main Street directing non party goers nicely "out the door"!

I have also seen CMs approach folks who were not trying to get into a show or ride i.e. sitting curbside who did not have visible wristbands - ask to be shown them!

The logistics of all of this is huge - but they have been doing it for years, and I am sure they will "have it covered" as to not disappoint paying party goers.

I can't say for those who are resort guests and who use Disney transportation, but for anyone who drives into the park, the closing time is clearly posted, and the one year that we entered around 3:30pm, we were advised by the CM at the entrance that the park was closing early due to the party.

I have to agree and personally lately I am beginning to think the in thing to do on these fourms is make a mountain out of a mole hill.

I was walking by the concierge desk of our resort yesterday and overheard a guest being assisted by the concierge guest and the CM said, probably your expectations and enjoyment of your vacation would be better if you stayed away from the DIS boards, I almost bust out laughing.

Last year seen Disney CM escourt some out, without bands.

doubletrouble_vb said:
Having been to MNSSHP before and to EMH I really don't see what the big deal would be if they allowed people to stay. They have CM's on hand to prevent people from riding the rides or otherwise getting in the way of those that paid. It'd work the same way EMH does...a non-payer is free to wander the park, buy stuff in the shops but that's all...well almost all. They'd also be able to see any of the special shows, parades and fireworks where it wouldn't be feasible for CM's to give them the boot. Not a big deal in my mind.

The big deal is that we paid to go to the party...if they allow non paying guests to remain in the park, then why did I pay extra money for a ticket to MNSSHP????

eblack0409 said:
The big deal is that we paid to go to the party...if they allow non paying guests to remain in the park, then why did I pay extra money for a ticket to MNSSHP????
But they aren't allowing non guests to stay in the park. That's just some wild rumoring being spread. They are changing the time they are making others leave. Some people don't think the CM's will be able to shoo them out. Now, personally, I think the CM's are more than up for the job. But they certainlly aren't allowing them to stay.

Don't believe everything you read.

Most people will leave when asked. Some few non-paying folk will be left behind. When I went to MNNSHP CM's asked to see wristbands prior to entering the lines for candy, for photographs, for face painting and for riding the virtually lineless rides. As far as I could tell people without wristbands could watch the parade, shop in the stores and see the fireworks if they stuck around long enough to see them. Oh I guess they could eat as well.

There were so few of them that NO I don't think its a big deal. What's the point of wasting the ticket time on the park hopper you paid for in a park where you can't do much of anything??? The ONLY people that this would be of benefit to would be those who did not buy a hopper...and maybe AP holders who spend a huge number of days in the parks.

My guess is that the EMH evenings have given them a lot of practice in encouraging the unwanted to leave nicely and they feel they can start at 7pm instead of 6pm...thus giving those who paid for a day at MK the shortest full day that is otherwise on the calendar.

Well, I got a response. :(

It was in a phone message. I was out all day.

She said she was Michelle from the "Executive Offices of Disney". That she was sorry I was upset by what I had heard.

She said that they have decided to handle MNSSHP/MVMCP like EMH. That they learned from past experience that it is no longer necessary to close the park to clear it of day guests.

They will keep the park open. There will be greeters at all locations (trick or treat, rides, food place) to turn away those guests without wristbands, and move them to the front of park and out by 7:00p.

She said all offerings will require wristbands and no party festivities will happen on Main Street till all day guests are gone.

She said it will basically work like EMH.

Finally, she said my comments and concerns are very much appreciated and that they will be shared with the office/executives.

I'm a little disappointed to say the least but I'll hope for the best. This year could be my last party. :(

I believe the story is that they will close the park at 7 instead of 6. It was previously closed at 6 to clear the park prior to the start of the party at 7. There's no confirmation for any other details.

madcat said:
we are going to be there from sept.27th to oct 3rd.. should I go ahead and get the tickets? :confused3

Yes, you should go!!!! It is a blast... I'll be at MNSSHP on the night of Sept. 29th, which is the day we arrive... We decided it would be a good way to kick off our vacation, since we arrive in the early afternoon... by the time we get from the airport to the BC via the DME it will be too late to waist a day's entrance to a park... but this way we get to jump right into the magic at MK full throttle... I am going as a Jack Sparrow inspired lady pirate... (I can't imagine myself with chin dreads...) :love: pirate:

And to counter some of the arguments here... traditionally they have let MNSSHP ticketholders enter the park AS EARLY as 4PM without regular park admission... So guests who have forked out a great amount of money for an MK admission may be equally as peeved that they have to deal with extra people entering the park that didn't pay to be there during that express time...

I think it all comes out in the wash...

Before this rumor started, I carefully considered whether or not we should get tickets to MNSSHP. Since Halloween is my absolute favorite time of year, and it is very close to DD's birthday, I went ahead and purchased our tickets for Oct. 17th. I am eagerly anticipating that day, and planning Halloween costumes for our entire family (even DH!!!).

Whether or not some stragglers are still in the park, I won't let it ruin my party. I'm planning on arriving early, like I read on the boards, and just take it as it comes. I am hopeful that Disney is smart enough to put some foresight into how to handle the non-ticket holders with the rest of the guests that evening. If it turns out to be horrible, Disney will either have to make changes, or they will likely lose a lot of customers.

But I'm keeping a positive attitude, and moving forward with our plans. I am extremely excited for that evening, and hoping it meets my expectations.

Well, However it goes down, We will be there for the first one (15 Sept.). Our cards came in the mail today. personaly, I have every faith in the Walt Disney Company's well earned reputation to handle situations like this, and am not very worried. We come home on the 16th, so I'll be sure to post a complete after action report about it then :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter