MNSSHP 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are waiting to her announced dates too. Mostly because we want to plan around the party. We went last year and it was beyond packed. Hours waits for characters and the special events. The lines for the treats were unreal. Overall, I am not sure the price was worth it.

We are waiting to her announced dates too. Mostly because we want to plan around the party. We went last year and it was beyond packed. Hours waits for characters and the special events. The lines for the treats were unreal. Overall, I am not sure the price was worth it.
Just my .02 but I have never heard of any Halloween event (Boo Bash or MNSSHP) where character lines were not long. There are many unique characters our at these events or, the regular characters are in Halloween costumes which draws many people.

If you plan to see characters and special events (first parade, earlier stage shows) I would be prepared for lines, crowds and plan to arrive early. Crowds thin as the night gets later.

Character lines are always long, but I'm surprised to hear your experience with trick or treating. Those lines can be quite physically long, but in my experience (and I've been to several sold out parties), they move very very quickly. I don't think I've ever been in a trick or treat line for more than 5 minutes or so. A "trick" (see what I did there) I've found is to not trick or treat right away. The lines for trick or treating die down signifinantly after the first hour or so.

Eugh, also agonizing waiting for information. Based on past info, I do believe we will probably wait another month before anything.

We are planning to go Columbus Day weekend this year. With 2022 dates in October being:
  • October: 2 (Sun), 4 (Tue), 6 (Thurs), 7 (Fri), 10 (Mon), 11 (Tue), 13 (Thurs), 14 (Fri), 16 (Sun) ...
And Columbus Day being Monday October 10, 2022, do you think they will again skip the Sunday and do it Monday? That really sucks because if we are trying to avoid missing school we will go Friday and leave Monday, which means we would miss both Friday and Monday party!
We are also booked for that weekend (5th-10th) and I really hope they don't skip that Sunday but they just might if they follow last year's pattern.

Any thoughts on the last day of the party?
I've never done Nov. 1st but I have done Halloween and I won't do it again if I can help it. Any sort of special merch is usually sold out, which is annoying for me.

We will be at Disney for Halloween (Oct. 31st). Trying to decide if we will attend the party. I know most of the merch will be gone, but we don’t really care about that. If it’s too crazy, we have another day scheduled for MK.

We loved the Christmas Party last year.

We will be at Disney for Halloween (Oct. 31st). Trying to decide if we will attend the party. I know most of the merch will be gone, but we don’t really care about that. If it’s too crazy, we have another day scheduled for MK.

We loved the Christmas Party last year.
With party tickets being limited, it won’t be any busier than any other sold out party. It is anticipated based on history that many parties will sell out.

To help see how busy sold out parties felt in 2022 I would recommend reading the Official 2022 MNSSHP thread.

With party tickets being limited, it won’t be any busier than any other sold out party. It is anticipated based on history that many parties will sell out.

To help see how busy sold out parties felt in 2022 I would recommend reading the Official 2022 MNSSHP thread.

Thanks. Our Christmas party was sold out and we did not feel it was super busy (character lines were long, though). We actually had tickets to the MNSSHP and I was on that thread, but a hurricane forced us to move our trip to December. Trying for a redo this year!

I've always said that if you like the parades and fireworks and you want to see some characters you don't ordinarily see, and some you always do in halloween costumes, it's probably going to be worth your while. If you're not into that stuff, probably not. Also the character interaction is better if you wear a costume.

We always got in right when they let us. Then we'd do a couple of rides. Then eat dinner, then get in line for the character set we most want. Better to wait a half hour before the party starts than an hour or more after it does. We don't even do the candy stops except the ones that are on the character trail we're doing anyway. The lines are long and towards the end of the party we usually were given gobs of stuff by the candy cms anyway.

Has anyone brought their own trick-or-treat bag to the party? Their bags are usually pretty small
We usually use the smaller party bags to trick or treat with, and when they get full, just dump them into bigger Halloween bags we bring. It’s just easier to manage for us.
The Trick or Treat is REALLY IMPORTANT to DS. He (we) are a Halloween family, used to do it up HUGE and he loved to go door to door. He is not social with minimal language and it was a day to blend in with all. When our neighborhood went through a big changeover we stopped going out. SO MNSSHP is really a big deal including the candy - not a good value other than for him. So we use the Disney bags so we don't look like piggies, and then I have bigger backpack drawstrings that we dump in to. Easier to carry than the years we tried to carry a big tote bag. Disney actually sold bigger ones, not sure they do post COVID, and we bought those a few years - they have year on them.

They are huge, 15" x 12" x 6". This one glowed in dark, we have an orange one from another year with built in lights you would squeeze button on then they would flash. So in short Disney is fine with it.

336637509_3603725606525065_7200051320686978957_n.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone brought their own trick-or-treat bag to the party? Their bags are usually pretty small
I carry a backpack with a couple of Gallon ziplocks. Use their bag in line then transfer periodically. Also I was worried one year because it was super hot so had some ice baggies.

Candy can get heavy. Make sure to have a bag that does not dig into your hand or shoulder.

I am also waiting impatiently. I will be there at the end of August. If they follow previous years I should have a Tues or Friday to choose from. I don’t think Thursdays will be offered that early.

I like Tuesdays (done a couple of those), but my actual birthday falls on Friday.

This trip was planned to include my bd and I’m not sure if I want to ‘celebrate’ it during the party (planned half day) or if I want to spend it all day in a park.

Yup, we've done that a few times. Also, if the bag you get there fills up you can get another one at the treat stations. We've left with multiple of their smaller bags before!

The Trick or Treat is REALLY IMPORTANT to DS. He (we) are a Halloween family, used to do it up HUGE and he loved to go door to door. He is not social with minimal language and it was a day to blend in with all. When our neighborhood went through a big changeover we stopped going out. SO MNSSHP is really a big deal including the candy - not a good value other than for him. So we use the Disney bags so we don't look like piggies, and then I have bigger backpack drawstrings that we dump in to. Easier to carry than the years we tried to carry a big tote bag. Disney actually sold bigger ones, not sure they do post COVID, and we bought those a few years - they have year on them.

They are huge, 15" x 12" x 6". This one glowed in dark, we have an orange one from another year with built in lights you would squeeze button on then they would flash. So in short Disney is fine with it.

View attachment 748883
The orange felt one, with the light up (Mickey) jack-o-lateen? That’s the one we bring to OBB every year! It’s great because when we park the stroller, we put it in the stroller, with the lights on. Even if a CM moves the stroller, we have no problem finding it!

We usually leave the park (DCA) with 10-12 lbs of candy, so DW and I always have a big bag each, and DD just keeps emptying her small Disney provided bag into ours.

Yup - sometimes I use it and sometimes I just off load the candy as the party bag starts to fill up into it…

I just hope Sep 8 or 9 will be one of the dates, that would be the only time we can do it. Would be sad to have to skip this year and I'm sure we won't be able to do it next year because we have an international trip in the Fall taking up a lot of our time off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter