Thanks @FoxC63! Also, great news about your husband, so happy for you!

@AngelDisney How long did it take to get the photos done at Memento Mori?
I was having the photos sent to the hotel so it took more time to process that. The picture taking process was about 10 min for the two of us. There was no line. I would say it took us about 20 min.

This is my 1st Halloween Party, so if anybody has any tips or suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I'm not planning on doing any M&Gs because we'll have two toddlers with us and I don't think they will be able to handle the lines. They do adore Pooh though, so we are going to keep an eye on the Pooh situation the whole time we are in FL, but I know it wont happen for us.
Fortunately the aforementioned toddlers take a several hour afternoon nap, so we are rocking this party til close!

We are going on Friday 9/15 and according to TP this is the 8th busiest party.

Here's my plan so far:

Enter at 4pm and head to Main St Bypass

4:10 Buzz Lightyear

4:25 Speedway

4:46 Dumbo

4:59 Little Mermaid

5:21 7DMT FP+ RS
We are using rider swap for is, thinking of riding Teacups with littles during swaps.

5:43 Winnie the Pooh

6:08 Enchanted Tales with Belle FP

6:55 Dinner at BOG

7:49 Small World

8:10 Haunted Mansion

Would also like to get the Hitchhiking Ghosts Photo if it's there.

8:39 Thunder Mountain RS

9:09: Pirates

9:22 Trick or Treat at the Tiki Room

9:30 Magic Carpets

10:00 HalloWishes

10:30 Hocus Pocus

11:00 try to find somewhere on Main Street to catch Nick & Judy and Parade
(Anyone know what time the headless horseman hits Main Street?)
Headless Horseman rides 5 minutes before the start of the parade. So for the second parade he will start in Frontierland at 11:10 and hit the end of Main Street about 11:12. You'll hear him coming, and he will circle the flagpole, so you'll have a few chances to see him if you're at the end of the street.

Asked this on the main party thread, but thought some of my fellow planners might be able to help:

Sat down with the family to work on our list of must do's tonight. We are doing 2 parties, and Cruella will be our first meet one night with the Queen of Hearts / Tweedles / Alice / Mad Hatter our priority the second (due to our costumes).

DD also wants to meet Belle & Gaston. KtP recommends their final meet of the night, but we planned to watch the second parade. Any idea how bad their line would be if we headed right there from Cruella? This would put us in line by or before 7:30, I'm guessing. Are we looking at a 60 minute line by then? If so, I'm thinking it might be worth it to wait till the end of the night and catch the first parade at that party.

Or would a better option be to do Belle & Gaston first, then head to Cruella? Will her line be just as long by 7:30?

Anyone with experience from the first few parties (or last year)?

TIA!

I have updated my itinerary post #667
my party is Oct 3rd
Thanks for taking a look see and No worries about doing the Septembers ones first. I just had time to update it today and wanted to post.

So jungle cruise is closed during the parties, but with our costumes themed after it I'd love to ride between 4 and 7 if possible. Does anyone know what time it actually closes?

Okay, so I just called and was on the phone with Disney for about an hour. They had an escalation team review my account. They told me that the 3:20 FP is definitely what triggered it and that no FPs are allowed before 4pm. They said that now that I removed it, nothing will be canceled. They also made a notation on my account, so that if anything should happen, they will just add them back on. Phew!

Update: My last day did indeed get canceled despite. Disney was pretty good about fixing it. Getting RoL back was a saga. Apparently only AK can issue that and a higher up had to get in touch with the park for a special pass.

Something that I hadn't considered and am now pretty concerned about is whether MDE will be working properly while I'm there. For example: if I use my 3 FP+ for any given day, will MDE allow me to schedule another as usual?
Has anyone reported on something like this yet?

So jungle cruise is closed during the parties, but with our costumes themed after it I'd love to ride between 4 and 7 if possible. Does anyone know what time it actually closes?

Hopefully someone can 100% verify for you but I believe it's open until 7pm. I have a fp from 5:30- 6:30 so I would think it'll be open until official party start.

Update: My last day did indeed get canceled despite. Disney was pretty good about fixing it. Getting RoL back was a saga. Apparently only AK can issue that and a higher up had to get in touch with the park for a special pass.

Something that I hadn't considered and am now pretty concerned about is whether MDE will be working properly while I'm there. For example: if I use my 3 FP+ for any given day, will MDE allow me to schedule another as usual?
Has anyone reported on something like this yet?

We are there before you; we arrive Tuesday. I have the same concerns. As of now I'm basically locked out of my MDE account and have to rely on a CM to make ANY adjustments, but we've had TONS of problems this trip.

I'll let you know how the FP thing works while we're there. I would suggest you get yourself a CM. Whoever helped you get back the passes (it was a saga for me too, they make it seem like they're moving mountains) get their extension and keep that info. Audra helped me a lot, and has told me if we need anything to just go through her.

Hopefully once things are activated and start moving the glitch will be fixed.

Party newbie here, looking for advice. Sorry if already answered upthread. We have two younger kids, DS and DD. DD does not like fireworks. So I'm thinking we will have to do the 9:15 Boo To You parade, and then split up so DD and Mom can avoid the fireworks while me and DS stay to watch them. Does it make sense to post up at a spot 45-60 minutes before the parade, and then DS and I just stick around at that location for fireworks? If so, where's a good spot that we can stay in and get a good view of both?

Hopefully someone can 100% verify for you but I believe it's open until 7pm. I have a fp from 5:30- 6:30 so I would think it'll be open until official party start.
When we were lining up for Moana around 4:30, people were going down the stairs for the Jungle Cruise. It should be open until 7.

You have listed green peeps for candy. Are they being handed out this year???

Disney has this location listed on the map and in years past that's the only location to get green peeps but no one has reported going to this specific stop.

Disney has this location listed on the map and in years past that's the only location to get green peeps but no one has reported going to this specific stop.
Ok I will await for someone to report back if not I will find out Oct 17 thank you

We went to this location at Friday's party and there was just regular candy, no Peeps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter