Getting back to our itineraries, we have a few parties every other day starting on Sept 15th, followed by 17th & 19th. With all the damage Hurricane Irma did hopefully the CM's who have homes close by didn't suffer extensive damage. We did get reports from fellow DISer's of a few changes during the last party:
  • Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Card being handed out after 7pm
  • 2 Specialty Desserts were at one location
  • Jungle Cruise temporarily closed
  • Oogie Boogie Popcorn Bucket Released
If I'm missing anything the point I'm getting at is I don't believe these are what we should assume for the later parties. Disney has not updated their website like they did when they pulled the Hocus Pocus merchandise and again when they pulled the Mystery Pin set. So for the Sept, 24th & 26th parties I believe you can go by what is posted on Post #3 - 7.

@cuewittyname , @Disney fan 1216 and @kondjott - do you need more help or are you all set to go? Please advise.

I made the modifications to the times that I think you wanted me to do. They now list duration rather than just a start time. I'd love for someone to take a look and let me know if the times look reasonable and if the 1st or 2nd parade would work better. I know the second will be less crowded, but I'm not sure it works as well in my plan.

Thanks

It wasn't just your computer. I was having problems too on my computer and my phone. Must have been on the server's end. :)

UGH! This spinning wheel is so annoying. This is what I keep getting:
upload_2017-9-15_17-3-14.png
I have so much work to do and waiting for a window to open is just frustrating!

My mother passed away in her sleep early this morning. She has been fighting cancer for a while now. I’m grateful God has provided her a place to be reunited with family, my father and her friends. She was 86 years old and will be missed deeply.

View attachment 269502
Rest in Peace okaasan.

I've been off the boards for a week, monitoring Hurricane Irma, then now catching up on tons of pages here and on the 'official' MNSSHP thread. I'm so sorry about your mother, Fox. You're helping so many people here. What a testament to your mother, how fine you are!

Just looked at the prices at some of the spas at Disney for a massage :scared1: need to figure out how I could fit it in my trip and if they have any spaces.

Bex, I know that you're at the same MNSSHPs as us (9/24 & 9/26? Or maybe just one?) so you're at WDW at the same time. We're staying at Shades of Green and the spa prices there are reasonable. Here's a link to their spa menu - a 50 minute Swedish massage is $75. http://www.shadesofgreen.org/SpaServices.pdf

I'd have time to meet you at the Poly and bring you to SOG on Monday 9/25 or in the AM of 9/26.

Also, if you are standing in a character line and need a break, I'll be the Mouseketeer with an "E" name - just holler if you see me and I'll spell you in line. (There will be 17 of us so maybe more noticeable than just a random costumed person.)

XOXOX!

We will be in MK on a regular ticket the day of our MNSSHP so we will need to get our party bands at another location instead of at the entrance. Do these other band locations also have maps and treat bags? This means we will miss going through the Main Street bypass and the magic shots offered. If we find ourselves back in that area later in the night, can you go through the bypass from the opposite direction, from the park vs. the entrance?

We will be in MK on a regular ticket the day of our MNSSHP so we will need to get our party bands at another location instead of at the entrance. Do these other band locations also have maps and treat bags? This means we will miss going through the Main Street bypass and the magic shots offered. If we find ourselves back in that area later in the night, can you go through the bypass from the opposite direction, from the park vs. the entrance?

I don't know the answers, but I'm hoping someone else does, because I want to know too!

I've been off the boards for a week, monitoring Hurricane Irma, then now catching up on tons of pages here and on the 'official' MNSSHP thread. I'm so sorry about your mother, Fox. You're helping so many people here. What a testament to your mother, how fine you are!

Bex, I know that you're at the same MNSSHPs as us (9/24 & 9/26? Or maybe just one?) so you're at WDW at the same time. We're staying at Shades of Green and the spa prices there are reasonable. Here's a link to their spa menu - a 50 minute Swedish massage is $75. http://www.shadesofgreen.org/SpaServices.pdf

I'd have time to meet you at the Poly and bring you to SOG on Monday 9/25 or in the AM of 9/26.

Also, if you are standing in a character line and need a break, I'll be the Mouseketeer with an "E" name - just holler if you see me and I'll spell you in line. (There will be 17 of us so maybe more noticeable than just a random costumed person.)

XOXOX!

Thank you, that was very kind of you and greatly appreciated. My mom was a wonderful woman.

And thanks for reaching out to Bex! I hope she is able to follow through and get her massage and meet you in line. We need more DISers like you willing to go above & beyond! :thumbsup2

XOXOX!

Thank you so much for your generous offer unfortunately I am pre-booked in a tour on the 25th at the Kennedy Space Center and I'm quite busy before the party on 26th.

I am at both the 24th and 26th parties so I shall defiantly look out for you!

:hug:

I fly out tomorrow, super excited but getting a little anxious about it too - mostly because I worry I'll forget something, I'll be fine once I get going. My costume ears have been delivered to the hotel. One other parcel is there and a t-shirt I ordered is in Orlando but didn't go to the next step because the business was closed, not sure what that is about but it will be with me sometime in the next couple of days I'm sure. My cold is finally on the way out and my neck and back have been good today, just when I woke up I was stiff.

The t-shirt https://www.etsy.com/uk/transaction/1326403945
My other Etsy item https://www.etsy.com/uk/transaction/1326407121

I don't have a fully assembled picture of my costumes yet hoping to do that tonight or when I get there. Almost done packing.:scared:

My Garden Grocer order may be missing water they may refund or change up the brand of water (I told them not to worry and just cancel the water if I can't get my Evian, I'm fussy with my water brands :rotfl:) I got an email from them so if anyone has an order coming up just a heads up you may be told the same.

@TNKim @grumpy28

Hi, we have been to MNSSHP this year and can report that there are multiple locations in the park that hand out bands with bags and maps.
If you really want candy, go to the stops later in the evening. By 10:30 or so, there were only 3-4 people in line (vs. dozens at 7:15 pm).

I would also recommend bringing larger bags for your candy haul. I had bags made from etsy for my kids which ended up being really cute and around $10. Very worth it!

Before we went into the park, my kids and I prioritized our time (rides and candy), so characters and magic shots didn't make the list. But, when we HAVE seen the bypass open (on previous trips), it was open both ways. Going back and forth was not a problem.

I will also add that we aren't normally "parade people" . . . due do the heat/sun mostly. However, we stayed for the MNSSHP parade and it was really good and my boys (15, 13) really enjoyed it.

I hope you have a great time!!

Take care Bex and have a safe fli
Thank you so much for your generous offer unfortunately I am pre-booked in a tour on the 25th at the Kennedy Space Center and I'm quite busy before the party on 26th.

I am at both the 24th and 26th parties so I shall defiantly look out for you!

:hug:

I fly out tomorrow, super excited but getting a little anxious about it too - mostly because I worry I'll forget something, I'll be fine once I get going. My costume ears have been delivered to the hotel. One other parcel is there and a t-shirt I ordered is in Orlando but didn't go to the next step because the business was closed, not sure what that is about but it will be with me sometime in the next couple of days I'm sure. My cold is finally on the way out and my neck and back have been good today, just when I woke up I was stiff.

The t-shirt https://www.etsy.com/uk/transaction/1326403945
My other Etsy item https://www.etsy.com/uk/transaction/1326407121

I don't have a fully assembled picture of my costumes yet hoping to do that tonight or when I get there. Almost done packing.:scared:

My Garden Grocer order may be missing water they may refund or change up the brand of water (I told them not to worry and just cancel the water if I can't get my Evian, I'm fussy with my water brands :rotfl:) I got an email from them so if anyone has an order coming up just a heads up you may be told the same.

Have a safe flight and please let us know your safe & sound, we're here if you need anything! :hug:

@TNKim @grumpy28

Hi, we have been to MNSSHP this year and can report that there are multiple locations in the park that hand out bands with bags and maps.
If you really want candy, go to the stops later in the evening. By 10:30 or so, there were only 3-4 people in line (vs. dozens at 7:15 pm).

When we HAVE seen the bypass open (on previous trips), it was open both ways. Going back and forth was not a problem.

Thank you for the update I'll add it to the post!

UPDATE:

Zootopia Party Patrol may have moved their location:

upload_2017-9-16_15-0-6.png
This video places them by the flag pole.

Last edited:
@TNKim @grumpy28

I would also recommend bringing larger bags for your candy haul. I had bags made from etsy for my kids which ended up being really cute and around $10. Very worth it!

Before we went into the park, my kids and I prioritized our time (rides and candy), so characters and magic shots didn't make the list. But, when we HAVE seen the bypass open (on previous trips), it was open both ways. Going back and forth was not a problem.

I will also add that we aren't normally "parade people" . . . due do the heat/sun mostly. However, we stayed for the MNSSHP parade and it was really good and my boys (15, 13) really enjoyed it.

I hope you have a great time!!

Thank you for posting!

UPDATE:

Zootopia Party Patrol may have moved their location:

I'll note that last year, they came out at center street, and then went south towards the train station. Basically, once they came out, they proceeded down the parade route. So, the video you provided just shows them along the route they take. I don't think it is evidence of a change in protocol.

Hello, I am checked in to All Star Movies, waiting on my veg burger to get cooked. It's 2am my time so I'm so tired. I got my party ears in my room. I am in Love Bug building 6 right out the back facing the car park.

I have 2 other etsy orders and a craft order that should be there and my garden grocer order

My light in the bathroom flickers but I think thats a job for tomorrow.

Edit: Garden Grocer was in room when I got back. The others to my room tomorrow. Saw a pair of Minnie Mouse at the bus stop when I arrived around 8pm, poor them way to late.

I can hear Hallowishes - loud booms.

Last edited:
Currently Jungle Cruise is out. So they have a multiple experience pass and its just made the Pirates line super long. X

To clairify the fast pass queue got long, looked worse than it was. Some people didn't know it was the fastpass line.

Last edited:
Hey @FoxC63 someone on the other thread said that Cruella was greeting at 5:45 last night (didn't say what time she came out). I was looking at the character list on page 1 and she's listed at 7PM. Can you confirm her time has changed? I need to rework our plans if so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter