• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DH and I now have 10/1 party tickets (rescheduled our trip due to Irma)

Costumes- keeping it simple! I'm wearing a Darth Vader dress I found online, and DH is wearing a Luke Skywalker flight suit T-shirt

Plan to have a leisurely morning around the resort and leave CBR around 11am to head to MK.

11:00-12:00pm- Travel time from CBR to MK
~12:00pm- Arrive at MK using park pass to get in
12:15-12:45- Grab lunch at a QS (we are thinking Cosmic Rays)
12:50-1:05pm- Space Mountain (12:30-1:30pm FP+)
1:10-1:25- People Mover
1:35-1:50- Pirate of the Caribbean (1:30-2:30pm FP+)
1:55-2:20- Jungle Cruise
2:30-2:45- Big Thunder Mtn (2:30-3:30pm FP+)

*At this point we will check for FP+ for anything else we haven’t hit yet, but assuming we find nothing we will just move on to the following plan:
2:55-3:15- Haunted Mansion
3:25-3:40- It’s a small world
3:45-4:00- Head over to get Party Bands at Fantasy Faire
4:00-5:30- MOSEY. Shop around Halloween merch, maybe take a load off for a few, find a specialty snack (Thinking Liberty Sq Mkt for Haunted Mansion Tart)--Unless they are not released until 7, in which case we will put it off. Not necessarily in this order. Submit mobile order for food if we feel like eating and make our way that direction.

5:40-6:00- Mickey’s Philharmagic
6:05-7:00- Peter pan’s flight or SDMT (hope to find a last minute FP for this to save some time and hit the other during the first parade time)
7:00-7:30- Go find and check out Cadaver Dans
7:30-8:45- ToT, Buzz Space Ranger Spin, and maybe hit up Haunted Mansion again? No real plans at this point except bouncing around the park.
8:50-9:30- Peter Pan’s Flight or SDMT, whichever we were unable to do earlier
9:30-10:30 11:15 Hallowishes
10:30-11:30 11:15 BTY Parade
11:30-12:20 12am Hocus Pocus to wrap up the night.

I like your plan as is. It's very relaxed and it sounds wonderful. If your feet get tired you might want to check out Mickey’s Philharmagic anytime after 7pm. It's air conditioned, they play cartoons so you can take a seat and cool off also it's a Bonus ToT location!
Anyone else like this plan?

@kizmet311 I see you revised your plan on Aug 31st. I'm still hoping you can adjust your BBB appointment. If not your current plan will not work.

@Cluelyss could you confirm? Please see [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-my-party-plan-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/page-30#post-58018275"]Post 588[/URL]

What I find confusing is Moana. Mom is standing in line at 4:05 then she & DD are leaving at 5:50 for a BBB appointment. Moana meets at 5:45. Your banking on being the very first person in line for Moana.

I like your plan as is. It's very relaxed and it sounds wonderful. If your feet get tired you might want to check out Mickey’s Philharmagic anytime after 7pm. It's air conditioned, they play cartoons so you can take a seat and cool off also it's a Bonus ToT location!
Anyone else like this plan?

Thanks Fox! I'm SO looking forward to it :)

@FoxC63 so sorry for your loss!

I am all set for my party coming up! I'll be sure to keep track of how things go throughout the nice and post my "findings" after. Hopefully it can help you and others still planning.

My mother passed away in her sleep early this morning. She has been fighting cancer for a while now. I’m grateful God has provided her a place to be reunited with family, my father and her friends. She was 86 years old and will be missed deeply.

View attachment 269502
Rest in Peace okaasan.
I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I'm sure you're going to miss her terribly.

Party Guests are allowed in at 3:45 which means you should be at MK by 3:15. So it would like

Oh, thanks for this. I updated my plans (post #1052). We're staying at Boardwalk so I have us leaving there at 2:30. Hopefully that's enough time.

@kizmet311 I see you revised your plan on Aug 31st. I'm still hoping you can adjust your BBB appointment. If not your current plan will not work.

@Cluelyss could you confirm? Please see Post 588

What I find confusing is Moana. Mom is standing in line at 4:05 then she & DD are leaving at 5:50 for a BBB appointment. Moana meets at 5:45. Your banking on being the very first person in line for Moana.
I think it's very possible for them to be one of the first if in line at 4. Be at the wrist band check in point around 3:45 and then head there immediately.

@FoxC63 so sorry for your loss!

I am all set for my party coming up! I'll be sure to keep track of how things go throughout the nice and post my "findings" after. Hopefully it can help you and others still planning.

Thank you for your kindness.

And Yes PLEASE if you can let me know how your plans work out, it would help us greatly.

I'm not sure what is going on with my computer it's taking forever to post. I've tried shutting down and restarting it, using a different browser to no avail. It's like getting Disney's endless circle. At least I'm not getting Stitch ate my page! We'll try later this evening.

Hope everyone has a great party tonight!

Not all of them. Jack Sparrow and the Pooh crew stops meeting at 11:15, several others at 11:30. And some lines will be cut sooner as well.

Oh no! I need to rework my plans. :( I was hoping we could meet Pooh at the end of the night.

I'm not sure what is going on with my computer it's taking forever to post. I've tried shutting down and restarting it, using a different browser to no avail. It's like getting Disney's endless circle. At least I'm not getting Stitch ate my page! We'll try later this evening.

Hope everyone has a great party tonight!
It wasn't just your computer. I was having problems too on my computer and my phone. Must have been on the server's end. :)

@Cluelyss could you confirm? Please see Post 588

I think it's very possible for them to be one of the first if in line at 4. Be at the wrist band check in point around 3:45 and then head there immediately.

Thanks to both of you. I have asked around and have been told that arriving 15-30 minutes late for BBB is a VERY bad idea and could cause me to get charged and them not let DD get her makeover. I can't risk that, so I have a few backup plans, but none are final and won't be until closer to my actual party date.

First - I rearranged my FP for my second MK day to allow us to watch FOF that day instead of party day. This would free up a couple hours in the afternoon in case a BBB appointment opens up during that 2-3 hour window. If not, we will still watch FOF parade on party day because I think the crowd will be lighter and easier to get a good spot.

Second - Will be trying to reschedule BBB to late morning, afternoon open window mentioned above, or get it pushed back to 6:00 or later. I honestly have no idea if this will be possible.

Third - If I absolutely cannot get BBB moved to a different time that day, the only way we are meeting Moana is if DH uses his free time to stand in line while we're in BBB and then we will join him in line when we're done. So the question would be this - what time would he need to get in line for Moana to get to meet her around 7:30-7:45?

Last option - we ditch meeting Moana completely which makes our whole plan MUCH more flexible because all we would be doing during the party is trick or treating, HP, BTY, and Hallowishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter