I bought the pumpkin bucket at the popcorn cart in Liberty Square, by the big bell and the circle of flags. They didn't have them displayed, but I saw someone walking away with one. I hadn't intended to buy one, but they were cuter than I thought they'd be. :-)

I bought the pumpkin bucket at the popcorn cart in Liberty Square, by the big bell and the circle of flags. They didn't have them displayed, but I saw someone walking away with one. I hadn't intended to buy one, but they were cuter than I thought they'd be. :-)

I'm really sorry that you & yours had bad weather during the party. It would have been nice to hear about your experience since we worked on your itinerary. There's always next year!

I'm really sorry that you & yours had bad weather during the party. It would have been nice to hear about your experience since we worked on your itinerary. There's always next year!

Thanks, FoxC63! I'm glad your husband is doing well!

Actually, the itinerary planning was a lot of help and worked well up until a certain point. Then the bad weather made the start times of events so uncertain that we just had to wing it. The great thing about planning the party was that it made me think about what was most important to us, so even though the schedule went "off" I still kept in mind the things we wanted to do.

We actually had a really great time, it was just way different than what I was expecting. We got to ride a lot of rides, which is our favorite thing, and the kids got a lot of candy, which made them happy. We got to "see" a lot of characters too, which was fun, although we didn't meet them. That was fine with us since we're not really into that anyway. We happened to be right by the 7 Dwarfs when they went in for a break, and they walked right by us in a single file line and waved to us, and something similar happened with Cinderella's step-sisters, so we got some mild character interaction!

The rain itself didn't bother us much, it was actually kind of refreshing. We really enjoyed seeing the guests dressed up! I just wish they had made announcements regarding delays, so people could plan better. They did for the fireworks, but not for anything else. Also, it would be nice if they kept the cast members a little better informed. I was planning on watching the last Hocus Pocus show, and a CM told me it was cancelled so we left. Then I read here that it was just delayed. I would have liked to have seen that. Oh well, I guess I'll have to go back next year!

Thanks, FoxC63! I'm glad your husband is doing well!

Actually, the itinerary planning was a lot of help and worked well up until a certain point. Then the bad weather made the start times of events so uncertain that we just had to wing it. The great thing about planning the party was that it made me think about what was most important to us, so even though the schedule went "off" I still kept in mind the things we wanted to do.

We actually had a really great time, it was just way different than what I was expecting. We got to ride a lot of rides, which is our favorite thing, and the kids got a lot of candy, which made them happy. We got to "see" a lot of characters too, which was fun, although we didn't meet them. That was fine with us since we're not really into that anyway. We happened to be right by the 7 Dwarfs when they went in for a break, and they walked right by us in a single file line and waved to us, and something similar happened with Cinderella's step-sisters, so we got some mild character interaction!

The rain itself didn't bother us much, it was actually kind of refreshing. We really enjoyed seeing the guests dressed up! I just wish they had made announcements regarding delays, so people could plan better. They did for the fireworks, but not for anything else. Also, it would be nice if they kept the cast members a little better informed. I was planning on watching the last Hocus Pocus show, and a CM told me it was cancelled so we left. Then I read here that it was just delayed. I would have liked to have seen that. Oh well, I guess I'll have to go back next year!

Thanks buddy! Did you happen to stop at Guest Services to get a refund or any type of compensation? If not call and ask to speak specifically to them and see what they'll do. Many have reported they received something. They also offered non expiring park hoppers last year so that's a thought. I'm happy you found my thread and the people here helpful!
Warm Regards,
Thia

ok - I give up and bow to the experts. :earsgirl:
I need help strategizing.
We are attending 2 parties. 9/10 & 9/12. I dont think that we'll get to the first party until 5pm.

Here is everything that we want to accomplish:

7:00 fog/ghost host by haunted mansion
Hallowishes - 10:15 (to video - maybe up in train station?)
Boo to You - we were thinking of being in frontierland to video, 11:15 ?parade (11:05 headless horseman)
Hocus Pocus - 12:00 to video

cadaver dans
both madame's outside of haunted mansion

3 of 4 haunted mansion desserts (not the one offered in liberty square)
pumpkin waffles

all of the magic shots

M&G - ranked in order of desired:
cruella
jafar
queen of hearts
jack sparrow
7 dwarfs
anastaia & drizella
pooh & friends
mickey
minnie

SOTMK cards (pickup at both parties)
Trick or Treating

Please Help.....:thanks:

First YOU need to break this up into two days. This is going to cost you "I don't think that we'll get to the first party until 5pm." I'd seriously reconsider.

When did this appear?? I leave in 41 days and although I have 2 party dates and 5 park dates, I actually booked FP for 6 days.

It happened for me yesterday, so 10 days out and they only gave me 1 day warning. But I guess it doesn't really matter how many days warning they give because my last day still got dropped even though I deleted. And everyone in my family had their last day deleted, even members of my family that didn't have MNSSHP FPs. Everyone in my account had the last day deleted.

I highly recommend that everyone deletes any FP on their account that starts before 4pm long before that 10 day mark.

We are there before you; we arrive Tuesday. I have the same concerns. As of now I'm basically locked out of my MDE account and have to rely on a CM to make ANY adjustments, but we've had TONS of problems this trip.

I'll let you know how the FP thing works while we're there. I would suggest you get yourself a CM. Whoever helped you get back the passes (it was a saga for me too, they make it seem like they're moving mountains) get their extension and keep that info. Audra helped me a lot, and has told me if we need anything to just go through her.

Hopefully once things are activated and start moving the glitch will be fixed.

Thank you for all your help! Geesh! What a headache. So you can't adjust your own dining reservations or anything right now?

I wonder if mine are going to disappear again after all of that. When did yours disappear the second time? Was it the day after they put them back?

I think I'm going to try to reach out to your person tomorrow. I talked so many different CMs today. I'll just say that one person I spoke to tried to tell me RoL FPs don't exist and the CM that ultimately got the FPs for me wasn't the friendliest person in the world.

I really hope everything goes smoothly for you once you get there. This would be nuts to try to deal with while on vacation :(

First YOU need to break this up into two days. This is going to cost you "I don't think that we'll get to the first party until 5pm." I'd seriously reconsider.

LOL - drat........:rolleyes:

9/10
hallowishes
boo to you
hocus pocus

cadaver dans
Madame Carlotta and Madame Rinata

magic shots:
  • Grim Grinning Ghost Driver
  • Haunted Mansion Cemetery Watchman
  • The Skeleton Dance

• cruella
  • jafar
  • queen of hearts

SOTMK card pickup
TOT

9/12
magic shots:
  • Poison Apple - Confirmed for 2017
  • Grave Diggers Animated Magic Shot - Confirmed for 2017
  • Haunted Mansion Dancing Ghosts Animated Magic Shot - Confirmed for 2017
  • Headless Horseman - Confirmed for 2017

• jack sparrow
  • 7 dwarfs
  • anastaia & drizella
  • pooh & friends
  • mickey
  • minnie

SOTMK card pickup
TOT
pumpkin waffles - liberty square
storybook treats - haunted mansion dessert
galactic goodies - haunted mansion dessert

....took me a few minutes to read ToT as trick or treat and not tower of terror!! too funny.....

LOL - drat........:rolleyes:

....took me a few minutes to read ToT as trick or treat and not tower of terror!! too funny.....

I'm so sorry I did not mean to leave you hanging!!! I had to take care of DS.
Anyway, we need to know what party is going to be busier than the other, according to Touring Plans (link on Post #2), Sept 12 is looking pretty sweet coming in at #3 and Sept 10 ranks #6! Not too shabby my friend! Even though it's a bit early to consider the weather, I'd want to know what's going on. So... Sept 10 shows thunder but I wager it will pass and the 12th looks amazing. Time to add some info!

9/10 /
Ranks #6 / Possible Thunder
5pm?
hallowishes: Hours: 10:15 p.m.
boo to you: Hours: 9:15 p.m. & 11:15 p.m.
hocus pocus: Hours: Aug & Sept 8:15 p.m., 10:45 p.m. and 12 a.am.

Cadaver Dans: Hours: 7:15 pm., 8:00 p.m., 9:55 p.m., & 10:50 p.m. Frontierland
Madame Carlotta and Madame Rinata: Hours: (2016) 7:15 p.m. – 10:15 p.m. / 10:45 p.m. – 11:35 p.m.

Magic Shots:
Grim Grinning Ghost Driver - Haunted Mansion
Haunted Mansion Cemetery Watchman - Near the HM attraction entrance beginning 8pm
The Skeleton Dance - near Ariel’s Grotto available after dark.

Cruella - Train Station - Left side near restrooms.
Jafar - Zanzibar - Between Squirting Camel & Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Queen of Hearts - Tea Cups

SOTMK card pickup @ Main Street Firehouse
ToT

9/12 / Ranks #3 / Clear Sky

Magic Shots:
Poison Apple - Confirmed for 2017
Grave Diggers Animated Magic Shot - Pumpkin Patch at Town Square
Haunted Mansion Dancing Ghosts Animated Magic Shot - Main Street
Headless Horseman - Main Entrance of Magic Kingdom

Capt. Jack Sparrow - Caribbean Plaza - near Pirates of Carribean Ride
7 Dwarfs - Calliope Tent by Pete's Silly Side Show
Anastaia & Drizella - Near Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
Pooh & friends - Thotful Spot - Located at The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mickey - Town Square Theater
Minnie - Casey Jr. Soak 'N' Splash

SOTMK card pickup - Main Street
ToT
Pumpkin Waffles - Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square
Storybook Treats - Haunted Mansion dessert
Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies - Haunted Mansion dessert - Tomorrowland

I just added a few more details. Please do NOT re-post your itinerary. It has been added to the Main Post for easy access. Remember only you can make changes to your itinerary. Question: Is there anyway you can be at MK earlier on the 10th?

I'm not hanging and had no expectations of immediate response, esp when you're doing such a huge favor!!

The problem with the 10th is that its our arrival day. Its the first time we've EVER been able to get reservations at SciFi - ours are at 1:50 (we're already crossing our fingers that everything goes perfect to get us there on time); we very rarely make ADRs - MAYBE one a trip, esp this trip with F&W going on. we have a FP for TOT @ 2:15, RR @ 3:20 [we're definitely blowing off our 3rd FP] Right now that's our only FP for RR (we are heading back to HS on tues/daytime before party #2) We may blow it off, which would put it as a must do asap tues morning with no FP. We have to go back to POFQ to change into costumes then get to MK. I move fast....DH not so much......

This is my 1st Halloween Party, so if anybody has any tips or suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I'm not planning on doing any M&Gs because we'll have two toddlers with us and I don't think they will be able to handle the lines. They do adore Pooh though, so we are going to keep an eye on the Pooh situation the whole time we are in FL, but I know it wont happen for us.
Fortunately the aforementioned toddlers take a several hour afternoon nap, so we are rocking this party til close!

We are going on Friday 9/15 and according to TP this is the 8th busiest party.

4:10 Buzz Lightyear - is the the ride or meet?
4:25 Speedway
4:46 Dumbo
4:59 Little Mermaid - is the the ride or meet?
5:21 7DMT FP+ RS - FP Time?
---We are using rider swap for is, thinking of riding Teacups with littles during swaps.
5:43 Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
6:08 Enchanted Tales with Belle FP - FP Time?
6:55 Dinner at BOG - Time?
7:49 Small World
8:10 Haunted Mansion

Would also like to get the Hitchhiking Ghosts Magic Shot if it's there. Go to: Magic Shots - Current Listings

8:39 Thunder Mountain RS
9:09: Pirates
9:22 Trick or Treat at the Tiki Room
9:30 Magic Carpets
10:00 HalloWishes
10:30 Hocus Pocus
11:00 try to find somewhere on Main Street to catch Nick & Judy and Parade
Nick & Judy Zootopia Party Patrol - Location: Appear prior to each parade on Main Street ONLY. They come out from the alley onto Main Street so find a good spot!

upload_2017-9-3_22-42-1.png

I have added your itinerary to the Main Post. Please do NOT re-post your itinerary, if you make changes just post me a note and I'll take a look see. I'll be working on plans throughout next week. Welcome to the party! Let's see if we can work Pooh & gang.

Last edited:
I will add a thought. The CM's were giving fairly exaggerated wait times. When I got in line for Moana around 7:30 pm on 9/1, the line was to about the entrance of Swiss Family tree house, I was told 2.5 hours. If not for lightning, we would have met her in about an hour. The 7 dwarves line was also moving very fast. We were told 2.5 hours for them too, but, in about a half hour we had traveled more than half of the line. (Didn't get to meet them either, but, wait times definitely exaggerated on our party night.) So, I would caution to use your judgement and if you really want to meet a character give the line 15 minutes or so and see how far you move.

I will add a thought. The CM's were giving fairly exaggerated wait times. When I got in line for Moana around 7:30 pm on 9/1, the line was to about the entrance of Swiss Family tree house, I was told 2.5 hours. If not for lightning, we would have met her in about an hour. The 7 dwarves line was also moving very fast. We were told 2.5 hours for them too, but, in about a half hour we had traveled more than half of the line. (Didn't get to meet them either, but, wait times definitely exaggerated on our party night.) So, I would caution to use your judgement and if you really want to meet a character give the line 15 minutes or so and see how far you move.

Call Disney and we'll work on a new plan, heck I won't even charge you for it! :D
Call Disney, call Disney, call Disney echo, echo :P

Call Disney and we'll work on a new plan, heck I won't even charge you for it! :D
Call Disney, call Disney, call Disney echo, echo :P

I probably will. I'm going to sleep on it. I feel guilty because I did get some value out of the day. It wouldn't even be an issue if we could have gotten better information from cast members. If we had some way of knowing the delayed parade was actually going to happen before it was over, or if we had some way of knowing more than 5 minutes ahead that the fireworks were going to fire, OR, if we hadn't been told Hocus Pocus was cancelled. They really need a better system for that sort of thing.

4:10 Buzz Lightyear - is the the ride or meet?
4:25 Speedway
4:46 Dumbo
4:59 Little Mermaid - is the the ride or meet?
5:21 7DMT FP+ RS - FP Time?
---We are using rider swap for is, thinking of riding Teacups with littles during swaps.
5:43 Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
6:08 Enchanted Tales with Belle FP - FP Time?
6:55 Dinner at BOG - Time?
7:49 Small World
8:10 Haunted Mansion

Would also like to get the Hitchhiking Ghosts Magic Shot if it's there. Go to: Magic Shots - Current Listings

8:39 Thunder Mountain RS
9:09: Pirates
9:22 Trick or Treat at the Tiki Room
9:30 Magic Carpets
10:00 HalloWishes
10:30 Hocus Pocus
11:00 try to find somewhere on Main Street to catch Nick & Judy and Parade
Nick & Judy Zootopia Party Patrol - Location: Appear prior to each parade on Main Street ONLY. They come out from the alley onto Main Street so find a good spot!

View attachment 266890

I have added your itinerary to the Main Post. Please do NOT re-post your itinerary, if you make changes just post me a note and I'll take a look see. I'll be working on plans throughout next week. Welcome to the party! Let's see if we can work Pooh & gang.

Woah! I can't thank you enough for that map! I was thinking they came out further up Main.

Everything on my timeline is rides. So Buzz and Little Mermaid are rides. The only M&G we were hoping to do was Pooh.

Fast passes were:

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: 4:20 PM - 5:20 PM
Enchanted Tales with Belle: 5:20 PM - 6 PM

BOG ADR is for 6:55

I'll note everything on my itinerary.

And thank you again for everything you are doing here and all your hard work. All of your information has been an invaluable resource. You are amazing!

Did you get it at 4 pm or did you have to wait until 7?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter