Oh and thanks so much for this thread! It has been super helpful!

3:30
Arrive at front gate
4:00- enter park/ get bands and ToT bags
4:20-4:40 FP BTMRR 3:25-4:25 (Might change this to different ride on other side of park) I would change this too - lots of walking!
4:55-5:15 FP Buzz Lightyear 4:25-5:25
5:25-5:40 FP 7DMT 5:25-6:25

I would change this too...
5:45-6:30
--- Tag Team: Send someone to Columbia Harbor House
6:30-7:20 Jafar
---Tag Team: Trick or Treat at Tiki Room or Magic Shot
7:20-8:30 Ride & ToTing
8:30-10:30 9:15 BTY Parade & 10:15 Hallowishes at Casey's
---Tag Team: Send someone to get snacks
---Tag Team: Shop
10:30-? Either leave or see how kids are and hit up some more ToT, see Mickey?
Don't forget your free Limited Edition Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Card!

Again, please do not re-post your itinerary. I've added it to the first post for easier access and your welcome!

@Vintage princess and @Laura's Dad

Hi and :welcome: to my planning thread! Please refer to Post #991 for Itinerary Guidelines and be sure to include MNSSHP date.

All itineraries have been posted to Post #1 for easier access, so please do NOT re-post your itineraries. If you have a question or updated it just post a note and I'll take a look see.

Really nice job @Vintage princess and @Laura's Dad I'll take a look at yours soon!

Last edited:

I am thinking I will switch pooh and 7 dwarfs and get in line earlier, while they do other things. Can I hold a spot for my DD and DH? I can't see them waiting in line for 3 hours before the party! How early could we pick up wristbands? (I assumed I couldn't pick them up until 4pm) I have the paper tickets I printed off should I bring those or should I add those to MDE so a CM can scan MB to see our tickets?

Yes you can hold spots. Bring your party tickets with you and the method that you used at purchase just in case.

So I was talking to DD yesterday about the party, asking her what characters are most important to her for M&G.
"If you had to pick one character to meet at Halloween, who would it be?
Moana! And Jack & Sally too!
Well we may have to wait in some long lines...
I don't care!
Okay so we'll meet those two at the party.
What about Minnie and Mickey?!"
Oh boy. She sure does love her characters :rolleyes1

I'm not going touch my itinerary just yet, it's a mess but I'm going to wait for one or two sold out parties and then try again. I love keeping up with everyone's plans though. Can't wait to hear about the next party!

My plan may change if we can not get wrist bands at Mickeys Philharmagic...... anyone know, I saw it posted yes somewhere but now I can not find it....

I feel like it was a yes on that too, but for the life of me I cannot remember where I saw that! It's probably on the first page of the regular Halloween thread by now maybe?

You guys need to slow down EVERYTHING is posted starting on page one. The info your after is on Post #4 :-)

Tonight at 7pm there's a free webinar that KTP is doing about MNSSHP.

So did everyone sign up for this and watch it? I got there right when they were shutting it down but was able to view it.
  • KTP mentioned that the entrance time was 3:52 at the first party but he also mentioned 3:45 could be the norm. My prediction as well, we'll see.
  • He'll be adding Trick or Treat Locations with Bonus Stops - I wonder where he got that from! :D See Post #7
  • He mentioned adding Prices and Locations for the Specialty Treats - hmmm, done that! See Post #5
  • He is undeniably the "Charactor Locator" wizard of all Disney bloggers but I have that covered too, to the best of my ability. See Post #6
  • He mentioned Magic Shots and I created a separate thread for that. See Magic Shots - Current Listings and it too is posted on my Main Page over here
The information is there, all you have to do is read it. :-)

Last edited:
Ok, I think I have at least a rough idea about my itinerary. Thursday Sept 7th party. It will just be me and my BFF, two 50 year old active women that are big Disney fans and have not had a good visit to WDW due to illness on previous attempts (once for her, twice for me, both ended up with kids in Celebration hospital) J&S are top meet, so I'm thinking get there at 4 and go get in line for J&S, one of us will hold our place while the other makes a food run and we will have dinner while we wait. Should be done with them by 530-6. Have a couple hours to ride rides and meet any characters with shorter lines, Magic shots and check out the special desserts and party merchandise, etc, then watch the first parade at 915. Move to a better viewing spot for the 1015 fireworks then back to rides/meets until just before midnight when we will return to the hub area to see the last Hocus Pocus show.

4- line up for Jack and Sally, dinner while waiting
6-830 Magic shots, rides, meets with short lines, etc
830ish find a spot for first Boo to You Parade
10 move to get better view of Hallowishes
1040-1145 Rides or Photos
Midnight Hocus Pocus

Sound do-able? Trick or treating doesnt appeal to either of us and rides are nice but we do have a week at the parks 9/6-9/13 and feel we will get plenty of rides and shows in during the week.

Thursday Sept 7th party. It will just be me and my BFF, two 50 year old active women

4:00-- Jack and Sally, dinner while waiting
The new issue with Jack & Sally is what time will be the norm. This can throw off quite a bit, so let's see what time they come out tomorrow.
6:00-830 Magic shots, rides, meets with short lines, etc
830ish find a spot for first Boo to You Parade
10 move to get better view of Hallowishes
1040-1145 Rides or Photos
Midnight Hocus Pocus

I wasn't sure in your previous posts if you were making an itinerary or just posting random thoughts. Your itinerary has been posted to the Main Post and because you'll be attending your party on Thursday Sept 7th we'll work on it first thing on Wednesday, Aug 30th. We just need more confirmation. :-)

Last edited:
We are really interested in getting the Mickey pumpkin popcorn bucket. Do you know the locations where they can be found?

I just updated this juicy morsel on [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-my-party-plan-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/#post-57587118"]Post #4[/URL]
There were rumors that this Specialty Bucket was being sold starting at 7pm, I'm not sure this is true so that has not been added to the post. Hopefully we'll know more locations tomorrow and what time we can purchase them.

I wasn't sure in your previous posts if you were making an itinerary or just posting random thoughts. Your itinerary has been posted to the Main Post and because you'll be attending your party on Thursday Sept 7th we'll work on it first thing on Wednesday, Aug 30th. We just need more confirmation. :-)

Um, well I am seriously ADD so most of my thoughts are random! :) What I just posted tho, I think is the framework I plan to work from on our party night. Obviously, J&S may take longer, but then we will just spend less time doing other stuff before the parade. If we only do J&S, parade, fireworks and hocus pocus, Haunted Mansion and some magic shots we will be happy. Anything else is just gravy!

The biggest thing there is... no characters. That's what's saving you. It's the people who want to meet ALL the characters in 1 night, yet still do everything else. IMO, it just isn't humanly possible. Rides? After 7 the only must-do ride for us was the Mansion, we could do all the others whenever (but the mansion during a party is just cooler, lol). Characters? We wanted to meet Cap'n Jack, so we did. We actually got Mickey on the way out of the party at 11:45 that night.

Since creating this thread I have yet to see someone post that all they want to do is characters. It's always been a mix that includes 2/3 characters, entertainment, rides and trick or treating. This thread is to help people find that balance not to discourage them. What took place in 2014 is very different to what is taking place in 2017.

I just realized I was posting on the planning thread and not the general thread! Sorry, my above post doesn't make any sense on a planning thread. :o

I love having you here, you're a breath of fresh air, feel free to post anytime!:hug:

Last post for today...

We have tomorrows party to look forward to providing the weather doesn't interrupt the planned events. I am hoping to get more information/confirmation and will be going through several sites to obtain them so please, when the party starts do NOT post questions about your itineraries.

I sincerely appreciate all who respected this request during the first party as it allowed me to post and update this thread. Many from here went to the Official 2017 MNSSHP Thread and I strongly encourage you to do the same, here's the link: "Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You! Thank you and see you all tomorrow! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter