What do you use for entry to the park for MNSSHP?

We're local (relatively speaking) and will be driving over just for the party. We didn't get APs this year but have lots of old magic bands. Would we be able to just each choose an old one and use it, since they're linked to our MDE accounts and so are our party tickets?

I know we won't need them for the party, but for park entry and FPs from 4:00-6:30, can we just use old magic bands?

Yes you can use old magic bands as along as they are still activated on your MDE account.

UPDATED
We're going on a Tuesday, Sept 12. It will be our first time in MK... ever. Going back later that week for a full day.

Travelers: me, DH, dd6 dd2.5 and Nana- 62 and celebrating beating cancer. She's probably got the best endurance of any of us.

Everyone but dd2.5 is a night owl, we plan to bring a double stroller for the girls to chill as needed and my mom is okay with taking the toddler back to the room if needed.
*we are getting military discount tix sunday am before the party-
I'm marking hopeful FP times but this could throw off my plan depending on availability.

Here's my tentative plan:
Sleep in/pool and nap. Use melatonin on kids to make sure this happens. Go ahead and judge.

3pm hit busses to MK
3:45-4:30 enter the park, get wristbands and candy bags look around, SotMK cards, photopass at the castle

4:30-4:50 M&G Rapunzel (was both dd's #1priority until we heard about Moana...) hopefully w/FP
**if we're able to get FP that are more like 3;30 and 4:30, we would like to meet Elena too, we would skip photopass and hustle a little with park entrance activities in order to do both.

5:00-6:00 dinner at skippers canteen, reservation is 5:05 we
Already know what we want so we'll order when we're seated.

** if we know lines/arrival for Moana is going to be more consistently like 2nd party, we will tag team the line at 4:30, one parent take kids to Rapunzel and cancel the dinner res. In which case:
4:30-6 Moana M&G tag team for Elena M&G and grabbing QS dinner

6:00-6:30 jungle cruise (hopefully w/FP
6:30-7 Pirates
7-8 Haunted mansion and magic shots (will everyone head here right at 7? Is it madness to plan this?)
8-8:30 tangled lantern shot and bathroom break
8:30-8:45 It's a small
World
8:45-9 ToT philharmagic
9-9:15 tag team each adult on task -get pumpkin waffles from sleepy hollow, get popcorn, find spot for parade in frontier land (near sleepy hollow?)
9:15-9:45 Parade
9:45 head to Casey's, find a spot for fireworks, tag team kids to bathrooms
10:00 watch hallowishes
10:30-11 carousel (youngest DD and nana will probably head home after this if they haven't already)
11-12ish any rides oldest wants- possibilities: space mountain, tea cups, Winnie the Pooh, dumbo or ToT through the circus if she wants
11:45/way out get SoMK card if didn't on entrance, shopping for ornament at emporium and/or Main Street magic shots/photopass in front of castle

Last edited:
Ok, then! I will We're going on a Tuesday night in sept. What am I overlooking?

Hi and :welcome:!!! What is your exact date, who's going & how old? Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom card each person gets one Free of Charge so no fighting - win-win!

Also please make any corrections or additions to your original post. I'll add you to the main page soon. I'm currently working on a few things.

Hi and :welcome:!!! What is your exact date, who's going & how old? Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom card each person gets one Free of Charge so no fighting - win-win!
Sept 12,
Dd6 and DD 2.5
Me, DH and my mom
Everyone but Dd2.5 is a night owl, so we plan to have a stroller for her to chill in if needed and backup plan, my mom will take her back to the room if the rest of us want to stay very late.

Oh, and the next day is our rest day so no early morning or ADR to rush to. Just recovering from the late night!

Sept 12,
Dd6 and DD 2.5
Me, DH and my mom
Everyone but Dd2.5 is a night owl, so we plan to have a stroller for her to chill in if needed and backup plan, my mom will take her back to the room if the rest of us want to stay very late.

Oh, and the next day is our rest day so no early morning or ADR to rush to. Just recovering from the late night!

Excellent! Go ahead and include this in your post please, simply use "edit". Also how old is your mom? R U doing costumes? Only YOU can make changes to your post!

Feel free to post your itinerary, it will help you to make strategic decisions! :D
Well, we don't really have a plan yet... We've got our Fast Passes for around 9, 10, and 11 that morning. I think they're the Mine Train, Thunder Mtn and JC. Have a res right after at the Skipper Canteen. At that point it'll be around 1:00 and not sure what will happen next. I have penciled in to go back to the hotel and come back around 4, but we might also want to avoid the whole re-entry thing and just stay through and do some Sorcerers / Pirates quests. Are the lines bad getting back in around 4? The MNSSHP Sorcerer card... how do we get that? Is it given out in the normal packs? I don't want to pick up cards early then have them say during the party that we already got them that day so we can't get the special ones. Tips there? In the evening we're not planning on any rides. We'll book something after the first 3 for later on, but are more interested in the Halloween activities than rides. Meet characters, etc. Probably skip the first parade in favor of the later one. Stay up late... but then the next day we're getting up early and doing a 4-park challenge. So we're going to be dead after these 2 days! If I understand this correctly and we stay thru without going back, we'd head over to Pecos Bills and there we'll scan our bands to show ticket status and get party wrist bands? This is our first party of any sort so don't know the best tricks...

Well, we don't really have a plan yet... We've got our Fast Passes for around 9, 10, and 11 that morning. I think they're the Mine Train, Thunder Mtn and JC. Have a res right after at the Skipper Canteen. At that point it'll be around 1:00 and not sure what will happen next. I have penciled in to go back to the hotel and come back around 4, but we might also want to avoid the whole re-entry thing and just stay through and do some Sorcerers / Pirates quests. Are the lines bad getting back in around 4? The MNSSHP Sorcerer card... how do we get that? Is it given out in the normal packs? I don't want to pick up cards early then have them say during the party that we already got them that day so we can't get the special ones. Tips there? In the evening we're not planning on any rides. We'll book something after the first 3 for later on, but are more interested in the Halloween activities than rides. Meet characters, etc. Probably skip the first parade in favor of the later one. Stay up late... but then the next day we're getting up early and doing a 4-park challenge. So we're going to be dead after these 2 days! If I understand this correctly and we stay thru without going back, we'd head over to Pecos Bills and there we'll scan our bands to show ticket status and get party wrist bands? This is our first party of any sort so don't know the best tricks...
The party card can be picked up at the firehouse as soon as you get your party band. They do not come in the packs, so you can play and pick up packs as usual during the day.

Hi and :welcome: to the party!

I should be finishing my bag tonight or tomorrow! I'm practicing doing my hair tomorrow so hopefully I'll have a photo to post. I think the look is going to turn out really well, but not as obvious as I had hoped.

Oooh cool, can't wait to see. :bitelip:

My pen didn't arrive, it's due tomorrow I got hair clips instead today :rotfl:(I just added a crocodile clip to two silver stars to wear at the KSC) but I'm not sure how much I'll get done at the weekend, my sisters coming back home the weekend after whilst she waits to move into her new place, found out today. I had a bunch of stuff stored in her old room so I need to eBay that and find places to put everything else. I really just want to be making my costume pieces. :worried:

Still need to work on my party places now the first parade has changed times too :surfweb: its mostly clashing with characters on a M&G that will go off to the parade that need tweaking, I shall just hang around near the end of the 1st parade to slide in and get a fireworks spot.

NEWS

October Star Wars Dessert Party now open to book
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/galactic-dessert-party/

Grand Floridian bus stop has been relocated
http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/08/bus-stop-refurbishment-and-other-grand.html

Double check the WDW Travel Agent Calendars: LINKS slight changes may have occurred.
Updates most certainly have been made for October!

Also I have begun making changes to Post #1 in anticipation of the First MNSSHP! I'll work on the remaining posts later tonight.

Last edited:
Oooh cool, can't wait to see. :bitelip:

My pen didn't arrive, it's due tomorrow I got hair clips instead today :rotfl:(I just added a crocodile clip to two silver stars to wear at the KSC) but I'm not sure how much I'll get done at the weekend, my sisters coming back home the weekend after whilst she waits to move into her new place, found out today. I had a bunch of stuff stored in her old room so I need to eBay that and find places to put everything else. I really just want to be making my costume pieces. :worried:

Still need to work on my party places now the first parade has changed times too :surfweb: its mostly clashing with characters on a M&G that will go off to the parade that need tweaking, I shall just hang around near the end of the 1st parade to slide in and get a fireworks spot.

Really don't like the changes they made this year. I'll be watching all the posted itineraries for revisions too. I finished sewing all the piping on one sleeve and am working on the second. :hourglass everybody, it's getting closer!pixiedust:

Really don't like the changes they made this year. I'll be watching all the posted itineraries for revisions too. I finished sewing all the piping on one sleeve and am working on the second. :hourglass everybody, it's getting closer!pixiedust:

Same, I can rework meeting Mickey slightly earlier and go back to sample the dance party during the parade unless that also takes a break.
I need to move Belle and Gaston, I'm thinking of skipping Aladdin and Abu because poor Abu is just scary looking and stick to meeting Genie and Jasmine, really I just want to meet Genie.

Maybe with the parade time change once it gets properly announced (when ever that is) people might try and change their party reservations and I can get a 9pm BOG.

I can't say the Halloween pins are that great but I'll probably get the Mickey one because I can see the Sanderson sisters one being sold out.

Update: The pen arrived, they sent a white pen. I also ordered a Pashmina for a wrap for Belles dress, it said Buttercup yellow and that colour may vary (they did say contact if concerned but I thought fine it'll just be a pale yellow)...its cream. :guilty:

35986927280_854860c214_n.jpg
35986938580_59d7d24af4_m.jpg

Last edited:
Same, I can rework meeting Mickey slightly earlier and go back to sample the dance party during the parade unless that also takes a break.
I need to move Belle and Gaston, I'm thinking of skipping Aladdin and Abu because poor Abu is just scary looking and stick to meeting Genie and Jasmine, really I just want to meet Genie.

Maybe with the parade time change once it gets properly announced (when ever that is) people might try and change their party reservations and I can get a 9pm BOG.

I can't say the Halloween pins are that great but I'll probably get the Mickey one because I can see the Sanderson sisters one being sold out.

Update: The pen arrived, they sent a white pen. I also ordered a Pashmina for a wrap for Belles dress, it said Buttercup yellow and that colour may vary (they did say contact if concerned but I thought fine it'll just be a pale yellow)...its cream. :guilty:

35986927280_854860c214_n.jpg
35986938580_59d7d24af4_m.jpg

Oh Bex, It's a good thing you started early, why can't things just go the way they're suppose to?! :sad2:
Use coloring on the scarf. I would even consider food coloring with Viscose but hand wash it first in warm water to remove chemical build up. It probably says cold wash or even dry clean but I would chance it at this point. Another option is buying wool fabric by the yard and making your own scarf which I've done very very easy and in most cases requires no sewing. Still aggravating.

Oh Bex, It's a good thing you started early, why can't things just go the way they're suppose to?! :sad2:
Use coloring on the scarf. I would even consider food coloring with Viscose but hand wash it first in warm water to remove chemical build up. It probably says cold wash or even dry clean but I would chance it at this point. Another option is buying wool fabric by the yard and making your own scarf which I've done very very easy and in most cases requires no sewing. Still aggravating.

I know right?! The pen is being sent Monday when the office opens (I told them I really needed it for a craft project) and I get to keep the white pen.

I might try an email the scarf people as there's colour can vary and then there's its totally a different colour. I might wait until early September I'm thinking of going to London and there's a guy who sells scarves in Camden Market I should be able to get one there. Might actually be able to get one the right shade of yellow. :rotfl:Although I do have a slightly thicker scarf that is gold pattern so maybe I shall use that, I'll include it when I have a picture of my dress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter