Attending: Nov 1st party- Tickets have been purchased! :flower1:
Me, DH, DS (11), DD (9)
Theme: Daughter will be Belle, we are surprising her with family shirts in a Beauty and the Beast theme we found on Etsy. DH will have a Gaston shirt, DS will have a Chip shirt, I will have a Mrs. Potts shirt

AGENDA
2:00: Enter MK with AP

2:50: DD has appt at BBB

4:00: Pick up party wristband at Philharmagic

4:10-4:30: FP for Seven Dwarfs 3:30-4:30

4:30-5:00: FP Enchanted Tales with Belle 4:30-5:30

5:00-5:30: ????

5:30-5:50: Me and DD FP Meet Rapunzel and Tiana 5:30-6:00pm

5:30- 5:50: DH and DS FP Jungle Cruise 5:30-6:30

5:50-6:10: Get into character line- Belle/Gaston in fantasyland How long will our wait be if we get into line 1 hour early?

5:50: while in line send DH and DS to pick up CS meal to eat in line

7:00-7:45 Hopefully meet another character- but who?

*******************NEEDS WORK**************************
7:45-9:30:Start at Pete's Sideshow- check out party merchandise
Focus on rides/Trick or Treating
Haunted Mansion
Thunder Mountain
Aladdin
Space Mountain
Buzz
Special Photos- Fill in after consulting map of their locations

9:30: Find spot on MS for Hallowishes- is this enough time, or should we be there sooner?

10:15: Hallowishes

10:30: Stay on MS and find spot for Parade- is this feasible? or should our firework spot be somewhere we can also watch the parade?

11:15: Parade

11:45: Finish Trick or Treating

Last edited:
Grateful for this thread! We are attending our first MNSSHP on Nov 1st and reading through all the posts is super helpful. Our plan is still a work in progress but so far I have the following:

Enter MK around 2:30pm (we have APs)
2:50pm BBB for my DD (Already have reservation) to transform her into Belle
2:50-3:50 FP for DH and DS Splash Mountain

4pm: quick stop at the Plaza for dinner (Reserved, but may cancel this- seems like it would take up a big chunk of time). If we don't do this we can use another FP for something and then grab quick service while waiting in line later for a character meet and greet

4:50-5:50 Me and DD FP Enchanted Tales with Belle
4:50-5:50 DS and DH FP for SDMT
5:50-6:50 ME and DD FP Cinderella or Rapunzel
5:50-6:50 DS and DH FP Space Mountain

Party?
Would like to meet with Belle and Gaston
Seven Dwarves would be awesome
Pooh and friends
Maybe a few rides
Trick or Treat for the kids
Parade
Fireworks

I feel like there is so much to do and so little time!

It has been announced that Splash Mountain will be closed during your visit.

:welcome: to the party! So happy you found us!

4pm: quick stop at the Plaza for dinner (Reserved, but may cancel this- seems like it would take up a big chunk of time). If we don't do this we can use another FP for something and then grab quick service while waiting in line later for a character meet and greet

I would do this instead especially if it's your first MNSSHP.

For your FP:
4:50-5:50 Me and DD FP Enchanted Tales with Belle
4:50-5:50 DS and DH FP for SDMT
5:50-6:50 ME and DD FP Cinderella or Rapunzel
5:50-6:50 DS and DH FP Big Thunder Mountain
Just make sure you schedule them 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30 and 5:30-6:30 but no later than 6:30 as those will be cancelled.

"I feel like there is so much to do and so little time!" This is how we all feel. Once you create an itinerary only then can you see what is viable.:hourglass

EDIT: Please feel free to use your original post (Post #221) to build your itinerary, you can add, delete and decorate it.:D

Last edited:

3:15 - 3:30 Mickey’s PhilharMagic FP 3:30-4:30
3:30 - 5:00 Tom Sawyer Island
5:00 - 5:30 Pecos Bills Tall Tale Inn
5:30 - 5:40 Pirates of Caribbean FP 4:30-5:30
5:40 - 6:00 WD Tiki Room FP 5:30-6:30
6:00 - 6:20 Magic Carpet of Aladdin
6:20 - 7:20 Captain Jack Sparrow
7:20 - 8:30 8:15 Boo To-You Parade at Frontierland
8:30 - 9:30 9:15 Hocus Pocus Show
9:30 - 10:30 Castle Show and Happy HalloWishes in front of Casey's
10:30- 11:00 Talking Mickey - If we are still able to stand!
Magic Shots?

Your itinerary looks very solid! Well done! I had to look up Tom Sawyer Island at WDW website I knew it closed early but I wasn't positive at the time, so far it's showing 5pm closure. My concern is how dark will it be in October around 5pm and if the closing time changes in October. You'll have to keep your eyes open when the October calendar gets updated. I think the Pirates of Caribbean is doable provided the CM extends the 15 minute grace period. Another concern is you have not mentioned getting your party wrist bands your closest location is at Tortuga Tavern across from Pirates of Caribbean. :-)

EDIT: Magic Shots - You have two locations Liberty Square or Main Street. Please see Page 1 - Post#4

I see what you mean about the wristbands, how much time should I allow for this and Magic Shots? What do you mean by "October calendar updates" are the hours on the Travel Agents link not correct? How much will change and when?

We are attending two parties. I am planning to meet J&S on one day and 7 Dwarves on another day. Hoping to meet them before the party starts and we can line up for other characters around 7. Then we will spend the rest of the night trick or treating and Magic shots. Must ride HM. We are not parade or fireworks people but it seems these should not be missed. Probably we will go by the ear with these. If we miss anything at the first party then we will aim for those at the second party.

We attended Villains Unleashed and were disappointed. Never got to meet any characters because the lines were too long and the ones we wanted to meet closed their lines early. The best experience was dining at Brown Derby. It took up lot of time lining up to get into the restaurant, but the food was great and the atmosphere was amazing! I hope we will be more successful with MNSSHP this time.

What is Villains Unleashed?

Agreed. Strategy is key as this will sell out and lines will start early on. I print a copy of our itinerary for DH, DS and myself giving us the option of splitting up and scheduling a spot to meet at.
For those not interested in a print out copy you could make a screenshot of your MDE in the morning and make it your lock screen saving battery & time.:idea:

Thank you for this, I'll pass it on to our son so he can do this for his family. Bob and I will print our itinerary once it's complete.

:ssst: The Scoop on Poop!

Okay, so let's say you woke up at the crack of dawn to make rope drop at your park but before you go you grab a bite to eat followed by your favorite morning beverage. Everyone knows to go potty prior to leaving your resort but what happens when you're standing in line and you've got to go again? :guilty: Do you know where the restrooms are located outside of the park? Here are a few links to help you get familiarized to the most comfortable seat in the house! :cloud9:

Disney Parks Mom Panel - Easy cut & paste for your Itinerary OUTSIDE ONLY:
https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...-lots-outside-park-gates-opening-wait-250305/

Touring Plans - Easy cut & paste for your Itinerary:
http://blog.touringplans.com/2014/06/24/disney-world-hidden-restrooms/

WDW Official website - Perfect for visual aid:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/restrooms/

Oh, we got a bit of a chuckle here! Though it is something I never even thought about! Thank you!

I see what you mean about the wristbands, how much time should I allow for this and Magic Shots? What do you mean by "October calendar updates" are the hours on the Travel Agents link not correct? How much will change and when?
Park hours will almost certainly change over the next 4 months. What's been released currently is only preliminary. All months look pretty much the same when released, then are tweaked for crowds and season. Search for last year's park hours for a better idea as to where they will end up. For example, non-party nights in MK will NOT close at 9. Midnight or later is more likely.

Park hours will almost certainly change over the next 4 months. What's been released currently is only preliminary. All months look pretty much the same when released, then are tweaked for crowds and season. Search for last year's park hours for a better idea as to where they will end up. For example, non-party nights in MK will NOT close at 9. Midnight or later is more likely.

I'm just now getting back here and have caught up on this thread and the official one. My husband and I have created our itinerary on page 5 we're post 90. FOXC63 has offered her insight do you think you could look at our plans too. She has also given us advise on post 95, should I make these corrections first?

We're not sure about costumes or trick or treating, Bob and I have never done either in our lifetime. What will the weather be like in October?

What is Villains Unleashed?

Villain Unleashed was a one night hard ticket event at DHS on August 23, 2014. Villains are out for M&G. I don't remember any special magic shot. There were dance parties, a Hocus Pocus show (3 shows) and fireworks. Hollywood Brown Derby offered special Villains food and drink menu items. They were delicious and wonderfully themed. We lined up at 6 to enter Hollywood Brown Derby at 7. The website stated that we might get to ride rides with the villains. It did not happen and wasted time lining up for TSMM and ToT. There was a special villains edition Fantasmic which was not special at all. No Disney villains were there. When we tried to line up for the characters, the lines were either already very very long, or closed for the night. I was only able to use zoom to get a few pics of the villains. A very disappointing experience indeed. Some people dressed up but most did not. I hope to have better experiences at the MNSSHP.

Villain Unleashed was a one night hard ticket event at DHS on August 23, 2014. Villains are out for M&G. I don't remember any special magic shot. There were dance parties, a Hocus Pocus show (3 shows) and fireworks. Hollywood Brown Derby offered special Villains food and drink menu items. They were delicious and wonderfully themed. We lined up at 6 to enter Hollywood Brown Derby at 7. The website stated that we might get to ride rides with the villains. It did not happen and wasted time lining up for TSMM and ToT. There was a special villains edition Fantasmic which was not special at all. No Disney villains were there. When we tried to line up for the characters, the lines were either already very very long, or closed for the night. I was only able to use zoom to get a few pics of the villains. A very disappointing experience indeed. Some people dressed up but most did not. I hope to have better experiences at the MNSSHP.

This sounds interesting but not fun from what you experienced. Thank you for your candor and timely response. I hope MNSSHP is all that and more for you and your family.

Is the Plaza offering ADRs again after 12 pm?!

Is the Plaza offering ADRs again after 12 pm?!

I think they made dinner reservations for 4pm on Nov. 1st at The Plaza Restaurant. According to Disney's website it is bookable.

Just an FYI @DisneyFirstTimer10 we made our ADR at BOG at 4pm on our second MNSSHP. We did not schedule ADR's for our first party but do plan on doing quick serve for the very reason you wrote (see bold).

I'm just now getting back here and have caught up on this thread and the official one. My husband and I have created our itinerary on page 5 we're post 90. FOXC63 has offered her insight do you think you could look at our plans too. She has also given us advise on post 95, should I make these corrections first?

We're not sure about costumes or trick or treating, Bob and I have never done either in our lifetime. What will the weather be like in October?

I'm glad to see you reaching out Betty! @Cluelyss is a great person to get a second opinion! I think it's a bit too early to be concerned about the weather but from my experience we were never overly heated in our costumes. The year we wore "The Birds" costume (2013) I did feel a little warm and removed my matching jacket. As the night progressed I was glad to have it even more so on the boat ride back to WL. :flower1:

I updated our itinerary. Do you know when the October calendar will be updated?

Excellent! I take a look see. As far as the calendar updates I wish a had a straight answer for that, but I will keep everyone here informed.

Bob & Betty's
2017 MNSSHP Itinerary
View attachment 241620
Carl & Elizabeth Fredricksen

October 29, 2017
9:00 - 9:20 Peter Pan
9:20 - 9:40 Haunted Mansion
9:40 - 10:00 It’s a Small World
10:00 - 10:30 Liberty Square River Boat
10:30 - 10:50 Hall of Presidents
10:50 - 11:15 Muppets
11:15 - 12:30 11:30 Crystal Palace (With family)

Leave the park after lunch and return at 3pm and pick up where we left off.

2:50 - 3:20 Mickey’s PhilharMagic FP 3:00-4:00
3:25 - 4:30 Tom Sawyer Island
4:30 - 4:45 Pick up Wristbands at Tortuga Tavern
4:45 - 5:30 Pecos Bills Tall Tale Inn (Just me & Bob)
5:30 - 5:40 Pirates of Caribbean FP 4:30-5:30
5:40 - 6:00 WD Tiki Room FP 5:30-6:30
6:00 - 7:20 Captain Jack Sparrow
7:20 - 8:30 8:15 Boo To-You Parade at Frontierland
8:30 - 9:30 9:15 Hocus Pocus Show
9:30 - 10:30 Castle Show and Happy HalloWishes in front of Casey's
10:30- 11:00 Talking Mickey - If we are still able to stand!

WOW! Glad to see you made yourself at home! What a fun post! I see you moved somethings around and added a wristband location. How would you feel if Bob stayed in line for Jack Sparrow M&G and you get the food to-go from Pecos Bill, you can have a bite to eat while waiting in line and maybe schedule a Magic Shot?

I never thought of that! We've decided to dress up too and maybe go trick or treating at a Bonus location. It just sounds like fun! I'll ask Bob how he feels about standing while eating and get back with you. Thank you FOXC63 for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter