Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• Other

• Total voters
Is that the only way to watch the Philly Union? I won’t watch enough other games to make buying a package worthwhile, unless it’s cheap.
Yeah, this year starts the new broadcast deal. Fox/FS1 will broadcast a very little amount of games (about 1 game per team), but will broadcast most playoffs and final matches. The whole season will be on the new Apple MLS app. It costs $100 for the entire season (and leagues cup). But to be fair, that is cheap since you get every match for every team included for the entire season.

Details:
https://www.mlssoccer.com/season-pass/

It should be noted that local radio deals should also still be around, so that should be a free option still in existence and the MLS website always has a text match follow along for every match (which sometimes includes live highlights) for free. I don’t know if either options will change in the future due to this new Apple deal though. One cool thing about the Apple deal is there are no longer any blackout issues, so you can watch your team anywhere.

Why is there a 30+ day gap in July/August?
The winner gets a CCL berth, trophy, and a huge money prize. Think World Cup style between the two leagues. Most top USA/Canada/Mexico players will be playing for their international teams several weeks before in the Concacaf Gold Cup, so this gives MLS more exposure and some of those international players some much needed rest. The games will be on MLS Apple TV plus app but may also be on tv as well. We just don’t know what channels yet.

We bought a ticket package (6 games) this year, so I guess we’re all in. DH is not happy about the Apple+ MLS package though.
Most MLS fans over 30 aren’t happy with it either. I still use cable but $100 for every game this season and the League Cup is pretty cheap. That’s the price of a ticket for a decent seat of a match. Still, everyone can follow via the text live match updates on the MLS website that usually has live match highlights and fans can still listen to the radio broadcast. I believe the playoffs will be on Fox/FS1 (and Apple) in the Fall though.

Also as a side note, Concacaf Champions League games will be on either FS1/FS2 and TUDN. These matches are some of the most important of the year and the Philadelphia Union is competing in it this year.

These are the teams competing this year:

United States (4): Austin FC, Los Angeles FC, Philadelphia Union, Orlando City SC

Mexico (4): Club León, Atlas, Pachuca, Tigres

Honduras (3): Real España, Olimpia, Motagua

Haiti (1): Violette AC

Canada (1): Vancouver Whitecaps

Costa Rica (1): Alajuelense

El Salvador (1): Alianza

Panama (1): Tauro

Last edited:
By the way @PollyannaMom and @RedAngie, I just wanted to welcome you to the MLS soccer fanbase family. It’s one of the warmest, friendliest, and inclusive fandoms on the planet. If you have any questions on the sport, you won’t be ridiculed for your lack of knowledge but instead politely given a full answer by any MLS fan. We in the fanbase want to grow the sport and make sure all feel welcome (whether a casual or diehard). As I’m sure @amylevan can attest to, going in person to a match is a blast. :-)

I would recommend trying to go to the CCL match or Philly’s Leagues Cup match. They will be international league matches and be incredible atmospheres.
As it was a ticket package, we got to choose 6 games out of a certain set (and in 3 categories, so this good game or this good game but not both). The Leagues Cup match was not part of our choices. The CCL match was an option but it was a Tuesday night and we’ve got 2 kids and we are about 1.5 hours from South Philly. Not a good plan on a school night.

We do have a nice selection of games and my son is thrilled.

As it was a ticket package, we got to choose 6 games out of a certain set (and in 3 categories, so this good game or this good game but not both). The Leagues Cup match was not part of our choices. The CCL match was an option but it was a Tuesday night and we’ve got 2 kids and we are about 1.5 hours from South Philly. Not a good plan on a school night.

We do have a nice selection of games and my son is thrilled.
I totally understand that. I was recommending the CCL match for @RedAngie because she likes those bigger event style matches from what I can tell. I hope you have a blast with your family with those 6 matches. I’m sure they will be memorable. Philly’s CCL matches will be on tv, so your family can enjoy them from home as well. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter