Were you "squished" in there with everybody or was there ample standing room without everybody playing piggyback?
During our event we were not squished, there was plenty of room around us to move around and for my husband to film with his camera without being trampled or bothering others. People do tend to push toward the front near the fence when the show starts, but if you hang back you will have plenty of personal space.

So if you pick the area by the fence, the people cannot come crowd you from behind right? And stand their kids on the fence from outside, etc?
We stood about midway between the front and back fence. The people behind us enjoying the back fence seemed to be comfortable and there was no one crowding them from the outside or inside of the fence.

Were you "squished" in there with everybody or was there ample standing room without everybody playing piggyback?

I also was watching a recent video and noticed that there were no macarons! They are my daughter's absolute favorite and one of the big reasons I booked this. I hope they bring them back.

We just did this Thursday. No macarons, and we weren't squished at all. In fact many people were sitting/laying for the fireworks. We stayed at the very back, far right, and had a great view.

We just did this Thursday. No macarons, and we weren't squished at all. In fact many people were sitting/laying for the fireworks. We stayed at the very back, far right, and had a great view.

Please keep reporting back for anyone that attends in the upcoming weeks. These are also one of my families favorites.

As for the question about the back rail/people coming up behind you... in addition to the landscaped "gap" you can see in @Dan Murphy's post, the walkway right behind the garden is kept clear/moving by multiple CMs so no one can stop there.

Is this available at the 180 day mark right now? I want to book this for Thanksgiving Day.

I think your question was answered, but just in case it should be in the +10 window too. (Sorry if that's what you meant/implied with your question)

Did the party last night (5/25).

No macarons. Did the before show. Checked in around eight and went to the garden around 825 or 830.

As people have reported, everyone sprawled on the grass until the show started, at which time everyone stood up. I stayed on the back rail and had a good view, but had to put my 6-year-old daughter on my shoulders because of the number of people in the middle of the garden who were doing the same (obviously the difference being that I was not blocking anyone by doing so).

Desserts were fine; enjoyed the show, I am very glad I did it for the view of the fireworks, and would probably do it again

Did the party last night (5/25).

No macarons. Did the before show. Checked in around eight and went to the garden around 825 or 830.

As people have reported, everyone sprawled on the grass until the show started, at which time everyone stood up. I stayed on the back rail and had a good view, but had to put my 6-year-old daughter on my shoulders because of the number of people in the middle of the garden who were doing the same (obviously the difference being that I was not blocking anyone by doing so).

Desserts were fine; enjoyed the show, I am very glad I did it for the view of the fireworks, and would probably do it again
That really is a shame people are putting kids on shoulders in that viewing area. For what people pay to be there, CMs should be in that section asking people with kids to stand along the back rail.

That really is a shame people are putting kids on shoulders in that viewing area. For what people pay to be there, CMs should be in that section asking people with kids to stand along the back rail.

Yes! We have this booked for our July trip and had planned on hanging around the back wall based on the advice I have seen posted on this thread. I am kind of second guessing that now though. My mom and I are pretty short at 5'2, with my youngest son being even shorter than that, and I will be pretty frustrated to pay these sky high prices for a family of 5 just to have the view purposely blocked by someone anyway. I could do that on main street for free 🙄.

I will most certainly ask a CM to regulate if I have to.
I'm all for that, however you would have to snake your way through the garden during the show to get a CM. They aren't in the garden with you, just near the entrance/exit rope on the right. There are one or two CM's directly in front of the garden monitoring the reserved disabilities section and making sure people don't stop in front of the garden fence. We probably saw 30 people trying to sit on the fence in front of the garden while waiting for the show and the CM kept moving them. But they are busy keeping foot traffic moving before and during the show. It would be nice to have a CM walking around in the party area "monitoring" things, but I never saw one in the two times we did the party.

Last May 2018 we were doing the party and it was raining and right as the show started, people in the disabilities section (standing up, not sitting) put their umbrellas up right in front of us. They were also wearing ponchos with hoods so I'm not sure why they used the umbrellas at all. We could not get a CM's attention to ask for help and since they were outside the fence, we couldn't get close enough to get their attention to ask if they would put them down. We had to smoosh together on one side to look around the umbrellas.

I'm all for that, however you would have to snake your way through the garden during the show to get a CM. They aren't in the garden with you, just near the entrance/exit rope on the right. There are one or two CM's directly in front of the garden monitoring the reserved disabilities section and making sure people don't stop in front of the garden fence. We probably saw 30 people trying to sit on the fence in front of the garden while waiting for the show and the CM kept moving them. But they are busy keeping foot traffic moving before and during the show. It would be nice to have a CM walking around in the party area "monitoring" things, but I never saw one in the two times we did the party.

Last May 2018 we were doing the party and it was raining and right as the show started, people in the disabilities section (standing up, not sitting) put their umbrellas up right in front of us. They were also wearing ponchos with hoods so I'm not sure why they used the umbrellas at all. We could not get a CM's attention to ask for help and since they were outside the fence, we couldn't get close enough to get their attention to ask if they would put them down. We had to smoosh together on one side to look around the umbrellas.

I meant before the show. If it doesn’t work I have no problem moving or asking those people to move.

I’ve done this party 3 times. I’ve never witnessed shoulder kids or any rudeness in the garden. Most people are very courteous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter