We were there March 1st. We could start check in at 6:30 for 8:00 fireworks. We got there close to 7. We were checked in with no wait. We were not at the top, but I think in the middle? We had to walk down a ramp to go to the desserts. And I could see there was another buffet up a ramp. We had no lines and still a HUGE array of food options. They restocked the fruit close to 7:30 even.

We walked over at 7:30 and the garden was packed. I know we were later than everyone, but I feel like I paid to NOT have to show up early so I was ok with getting a spot wherever we could. We got a small patch of grass to sit. The projections were blocked by a small tree and we probably could have moved to the back railing to stand. But my kids really wanted to sit and everyone stayed sitting for the fireworks.

The place cleared out afterwards so we moved so we could watch the second projection show with no obstructions.

I was pleased with the whole evening although the garden did seem packed for it being a special ticketed even.

Strange if you had garden viewing that you’d be directed to the terrace view dessert area. They’re the same desserts, but the garden view buffet is on the upper level.

Also, since the addition of the after dessert party, there are guests in the viewing area long before those with the before party get there.

We attended on Sunday, March 3. Last time we went was January last year, so I was anxious to see the changes.

We checked in right before 7 and they walked us to a table on the lower level. Buffet line was pretty busy at that time, but it moved quickly.

We loved the new savory items. I lost count of how many egg rolls my husband ate LOL! We felt it was substantial enough to replace dinner. We ate a late lunch that day, too.

The buffet was always stocked and fresh. We enjoyed everything we ate. Loved those cookies and cream push pops!

We walked to the garden at about 7:30. There was plenty of room. We sat along the back rail on the left. Most people remained seated during the show, which surprised me.

We loved the whole experience and I am glad I booked it despite my misgivings when they changed things up. We are looking forward to attending the July 4th event.

Last edited:
We're heading to MK April 10th and I had considered the "After fireworks" dessert party since that night has EMH until midnight.
But HEA is a 9:15pm showtime in April based on the Disney website so now I'm trying to do the math.
My original thought was to go back to the resort early afternoon to rest/chill/eat and then head back around 6ish, ride a couple, check in and get primo seats shortly after 8pm.
Then head to the dessert party to chow down a bit and recharge for EMH (9 and 11 year old in tow) while the non EMHers clear out and then do an hour or so's worth of EMH.

But if the fireworks are 9:15, run 18 minutes and the regular park closes at 10pm that leaves..27 minutes for the dessert party?

Or does the dessert party run longer past 10pm since it's outside the ride area?

Last edited:
Your strategy should still work. We went to before party back in Sept, checkin time was 6:30 and we were going to go ride people mover but I looked over and saw a HUGE line at tomorrowland terrace at 6:28 so we headed that way and it ended up being the Terrace seating line. The before party had already been let in, we went right to the podium and were seated at the last table on the top tier and it was a few min after 6:30. In retrospect, I should have pushed my family to go ride PPM, but it was our first party so I wasn’t sure the flow. I also hate lines and can’t understand why anyone would line up voluntarily 20min early when you know you have over an hr window to eat

We were there March 1st. We could start check in at 6:30 for 8:00 fireworks. We got there close to 7. We were checked in with no wait. We were not at the top, but I think in the middle? We had to walk down a ramp to go to the desserts. And I could see there was another buffet up a ramp. We had no lines and still a HUGE array of food options. They restocked the fruit close to 7:30 even.

We walked over at 7:30 and the garden was packed. I know we were later than everyone, but I feel like I paid to NOT have to show up early so I was ok with getting a spot wherever we could. We got a small patch of grass to sit. The projections were blocked by a small tree and we probably could have moved to the back railing to stand. But my kids really wanted to sit and everyone stayed sitting for the fireworks.

The place cleared out afterwards so we moved so we could watch the second projection show with no obstructions.

I was pleased with the whole evening although the garden did seem packed for it being a special ticketed even.

We attended on Sunday, March 2. Last time we went was January last year, so I was anxious to see the changes.

We checked in right before 7 and they walked us to a table on the lower level. Buffet line was pretty busy at that time, but it moved quickly.

We loved the new savory items. I lost count of how many egg rolls my husband ate LOL! We felt it was substantial enough to replace dinner. We ate a late lunch that day, too.

The buffet was always stocked and fresh. We enjoyed everything we ate. Loved those cookies and cream push pops!

We walked to the garden at about 7:30. There was plenty of room. We sat along the back rail on the left. Most people remained seated during the show, which surprised me.

We loved the whole experience and I am glad I booked it despite my misgivings when they changed things up. We are looking forward to attending the July 4th event.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Lease257 - that was our experience the last time we did the HEA Plaza party. We arrived later, no buffet line, great table mid-mezzanine, but, by the time we got to the garden it was packed. We still had a nice view, but it was a completely different experience than when we did the Wishes dessert party where, it was so sparse, we could have done cartwheels in the garden. dbb727, you have a good point in that, we also don't want to wait 30 minutes to get into an event and have an hour to eat desserts. SaintsManiac, it's good to hear the savory items are fairly substantial as we probably won't do a full dinner prior to this event and we will be hungry for something other than sweets. I'm also glad to hear there was room in the garden when you arrived. Alright - now to look at my plan and strategize party arrival time! We are taking first-timers and I want to try to create a great experience for them!

Strange if you had garden viewing that you’d be directed to the terrace view dessert area. They’re the same desserts, but the garden view buffet is on the upper level.

Also, since the addition of the after dessert party, there are guests in the viewing area long before those with the before party get there.

I didn’t know both parties were in the same place. He said we could use the top (which was way more crowded) but the bottom was closer to our seat so he said we could go down to the buffet if we wanted.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Lease257 - that was our experience the last time we did the HEA Plaza party. We arrived later, no buffet line, great table mid-mezzanine, but, by the time we got to the garden it was packed. We still had a nice view, but it was a completely different experience than when we did the Wishes dessert party where, it was so sparse, we could have done cartwheels in the garden. dbb727, you have a good point in that, we also don't want to wait 30 minutes to get into an event and have an hour to eat desserts. SaintsManiac, it's good to hear the savory items are fairly substantial as we probably won't do a full dinner prior to this event and we will be hungry for something other than sweets. I'm also glad to hear there was room in the garden when you arrived. Alright - now to look at my plan and strategize party arrival time! We are taking first-timers and I want to try to create a great experience for them!

We def used this as dinner and were completely full.

We're heading to MK April 10th and I had considered the "After fireworks" dessert party since that night has EMH until midnight.
But HEA is a 9:15pm showtime in April based on the Disney website so now I'm trying to do the math.
My original thought was to go back to the resort early afternoon to rest/chill/eat and then head back around 6ish, ride a couple, check in and get primo seats shortly after 8pm.
Then head to the dessert party to chow down a bit and recharge for EMH (9 and 11 year old in tow) while the non EMHers clear out and then do an hour or so's worth of EMH.

But if the fireworks are 9:15, run 18 minutes and the regular park closes at 10pm that leaves..27 minutes for the dessert party?

Or does the dessert party run longer past 10pm since it's outside the ride area?
They will not kick you out at official park closing. There are nights the after party starts after the park closes.

For the Plaza Garden party, they seat people in both the "upper level" and "middle level" of the Tomorrowland Terrace. If you're in the "middle level" - they will usually let you walk down the short ramp to the buffet that services the Tomorrowland Terrace party. That's closer than going 'across the walkway' and over into the "upper level" buffet area. Although I have seen variations of this over time.

For the Plaza Garden party, they seat people in both the "upper level" and "middle level" of the Tomorrowland Terrace. If you're in the "middle level" - they will usually let you walk down the short ramp to the buffet that services the Tomorrowland Terrace party. That's closer than going 'across the walkway' and over into the "upper level" buffet area. Although I have seen variations of this over time.

Good to know. We’ve done this many times, but we’ve always been in the upper level area I guess. They usually tell us we’re welcome to go the the terrace area, but never did as it’s the same food.

we did the plaza viewing party on Sat Mar 2. We enjoyed the desserts and savory items and when we walked into the garden plaza area at about 7:10, I thought this is gonna be great. we plopped down to the left of a topiary and the area wasn't crowded at all...it definitely filled up and I was really hoping people would stay seated, but that didn't happen. I moved to the back fence to stand/lean against it. It was better than being in a crowded main street. I would do it again. we are going in Sept and will try to book then and hope for less people :) https://photos.app.goo.gl/2VTraqt9eyWjD3xx7

I paid for the Tomorrowland Terrace View. If I don't like that view can I move down to the Garden Plaza View?

I paid for the Tomorrowland Terrace View. If I don't like that view can I move down to the Garden Plaza View?

Not without a little CM pixie dust/on the spot accommodation, generally speaking. YMMV.

And it would really be moving ‘over’ to the Plaza Garden viewing area.

Do they still have the small bottles of water at the Plaza Garden parties and if so will they give you one if you are over at the Terrace Party??? I don’t like the water they serve from the large glass containers.

Do they still have the small bottles of water at the Plaza Garden parties and if so will they give you one if you are over at the Terrace Party??? I don’t like the water they serve from the large glass containers.

I have not personally seen them, although I have not asked either.

We did the dessert party before, but before they offered two parties and it was what is now the "before" party. We're looking at doing a party in May but I don't know which would work better for us. We don't have little kids, so staying late is not a problem and the night we are looking at has EMH from 9-11 pm, which we won't be doing. I'm leaning toward the after party so we can ride more rides before HEA, see the show and then eat while the park clears out some. Any thoughts?

We did the dessert party before, but before they offered two parties and it was what is now the "before" party. We're looking at doing a party in May but I don't know which would work better for us. We don't have little kids, so staying late is not a problem and the night we are looking at has EMH from 9-11 pm, which we won't be doing. I'm leaning toward the after party so we can ride more rides before HEA, see the show and then eat while the park clears out some. Any thoughts?

See a few threads above where I was having the exact same debate.
My concern is HEA fireworks are at 9:15 for me in April and look to be 9pm in May which means everyone clears out of the park at 9:18ish.
So you'll likely have the dessert party all to yourself but my question would be:
"How long after the official park closure for (at least for non-EMHers) does the dessert party run for?"
You may only get maybe 30 minutes if it shuts down at 10pm.
If you go before then you *could* EMH for 30-40 minutes if you felt like it.

Still haven't figured out when the "After Fireworks" dessert party officially ends.

We are doing just this. I booked the after party on an EMH night. We plan to eat while the park clears out, and maybe do one or two rides before EMH ends.

The last time I went, I asked a CM for bottled water. It was not a problem.

See a few threads above where I was having the exact same debate.
My concern is HEA fireworks are at 9:15 for me in April and look to be 9pm in May which means everyone clears out of the park at 9:18ish.
So you'll likely have the dessert party all to yourself but my question would be:
"How long after the official park closure for (at least for non-EMHers) does the dessert party run for?"
You may only get maybe 30 minutes if it shuts down at 10pm.
If you go before then you *could* EMH for 30-40 minutes if you felt like it.

Still haven't figured out when the "After Fireworks" dessert party officially ends.

Do we know what the official end of the dessert party time has been?

I’m trying to remember how long we actually took eating at the before party last year, but I can’t imagine it was an hour. I’m thinking a half hour is pretty good and we could work with that. ?? In all the dessert parties we’ve done we’ve always been finished eating and waiting around for the start of the shows. That’s the part I want to eliminate.

There have been several times at the end of the night where we’ve been in restaurants at park close, mostly Epcot and R&C for Illuminations. We were never rushed out and really enjoyed a leisurely walk out of an uncrowded park. However, there weren’t any times that EMH were going on. I don’t know if or how that would affect the after dessert party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!