I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with check-in/lining up to enter the dessert party portion of the Plaza Garden event (before fireworks)? We haven't done this event in a while and, in years past, we used to deliberately show up about 20 - 30 minutes late with the hopes the buffet crowds would clear a bit (which they did!) and we would get a table on the mid-mezzanine area instead of the top mezzanine. Will this strategy still work? I would really prefer not to spend a lot of time waiting in the check-in line, but I'm not sure if the process has changed since we last did this. Thanks!

Well shoot. Was planning on doing this on 9/3 but it appears they are not doing it that night. Don't they normally do it every night? It isn't a MNSSHP night.

Well shoot. Was planning on doing this on 9/3 but it appears they are not doing it that night. Don't they normally do it every night? It isn't a MNSSHP night.
Yes, it should be offered every non-party night when fireworks are being shown. However, this is one of those events that does not always load right at 180 days, so it may just not be available for booking yet.

OK, maybe slow to get out there. 9/3 is available for plaza viewing so hopefully the Terrace one will be out there soon.

I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with check-in/lining up to enter the dessert party portion of the Plaza Garden event (before fireworks)? We haven't done this event in a while and, in years past, we used to deliberately show up about 20 - 30 minutes late with the hopes the buffet crowds would clear a bit (which they did!) and we would get a table on the mid-mezzanine area instead of the top mezzanine. Will this strategy still work? I would really prefer not to spend a lot of time waiting in the check-in line, but I'm not sure if the process has changed since we last did this. Thanks!
Your strategy should still work. We went to before party back in Sept, checkin time was 6:30 and we were going to go ride people mover but I looked over and saw a HUGE line at tomorrowland terrace at 6:28 so we headed that way and it ended up being the Terrace seating line. The before party had already been let in, we went right to the podium and were seated at the last table on the top tier and it was a few min after 6:30. In retrospect, I should have pushed my family to go ride PPM, but it was our first party so I wasn’t sure the flow. I also hate lines and can’t understand why anyone would line up voluntarily 20min early when you know you have over an hr window to eat

Last edited:
Called in this morning to see if I could get any more information as to why the 9/3 Terrace party isn't going on (garden plaza and after fireworks are both showing for that day). They didn't know either of course :( Has anyone ever seen them do the other two on a night but not the terrace?

Called in this morning to see if I could get any more information as to why the 9/3 Terrace party isn't going on (garden plaza and after fireworks are both showing for that day). They didn't know either of course :( Has anyone ever seen them do the other two on a night but not the terrace?

Most likely there’s some kind of private event that night....or it’s a glitch.

We were there March 1st. We could start check in at 6:30 for 8:00 fireworks. We got there close to 7. We were checked in with no wait. We were not at the top, but I think in the middle? We had to walk down a ramp to go to the desserts. And I could see there was another buffet up a ramp. We had no lines and still a HUGE array of food options. They restocked the fruit close to 7:30 even.

We walked over at 7:30 and the garden was packed. I know we were later than everyone, but I feel like I paid to NOT have to show up early so I was ok with getting a spot wherever we could. We got a small patch of grass to sit. The projections were blocked by a small tree and we probably could have moved to the back railing to stand. But my kids really wanted to sit and everyone stayed sitting for the fireworks.

The place cleared out afterwards so we moved so we could watch the second projection show with no obstructions.

I was pleased with the whole evening although the garden did seem packed for it being a special ticketed even.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter