MK Firework Dessert Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm, what do you even have a server for? It looks like even the drinks were set up as self service. Do you actually have a server for your seat? What do they do, clear plates? Just curious, I assumed it was all self service once you entered the party.

You got me - I am hoping this is a misunderstanding and there is no gratuity. Either way, I am looking forward to it. I might have to give up a few Grey Goose Slushies to pay for it though.

I feel your pain, just tried to get 8/22 and sold out!! cant believe this, i am gonna stamp my feet and pout. Its my birthday on that day and thought it would be like a little private birthday party:guilty:

When I called the first day I was offered the 9pm, 9:20 or 9:30 seating. The way I took it was that they could never seat everyone at 9pm so the stagger it. When I called today and got it all smoothed out I was also told there are several "seating" times. that was from both a regular CM and a manager that helped me out. Yes, they will only sell each table once during a night but you are seated by your reservation time. The earliest, (and most popular) time would be the 9pm being you get the most time in there.

Wow! Thanks for the info. I booked first thing Monday morning and was told 9pm. I guess that is a good thing.

Thanks.

This will accomodate 160 people. For all of you that are calling and no availability what time are you asking for? It seems many CM's are not familiar with this and are putting in times when the dessert party is not going on so they get no availability. Have you tried asking for 8:50 or 9 PM. I can't believe all these dates and times are taken.

It is self serve. They do clear the dishes from your table frequently but I don't know how you could tip them.

This will accomodate 160 people. For all of you that are calling and no availability what time are you asking for? It seems many CM's are not familiar with this and are putting in times when the dessert party is not going on so they get no availability. Have you tried asking for 8:50 or 9 PM. I can't believe all these dates and times are taken.

It is self serve. They do clear the dishes from your table frequently but I don't know how you could tip them.

Now that is interesting to hear about the seating times, will maybe give this another phone call. Thanks for the info:hug:

Make sure when they r looking they don't ck off your on the Dinning plan . My CM did that and told me there was nothing. Then she said oops I ck off the dinning plan. She unchecked it and I got in.

If you know what time Wishes is on the night you want the dessert party, then ask for a time an hour before Wishes.

I just booked for July 5th @ 9:00 pm. Very excited.

They aren't accepting any discounts: TIW, AP, or DVC.

They also told me that my gratuity was included at 18% for a party more than 6 (I have 9). But, my total didn't reflect it when they billed me. So, I don't understand the gratuity thing at all.

The pictures look great - desserts, especially spectro, and wishes.

We'll be there July 5 too!

If you're getting no availability, I'd call again. When I called, she originally said there was nothing, then she said you know - that's very unlikely since we just launched this and nobody really knows about it - let me ask someone. Then she came back and had a spot for us! I think that the Dining CMs maybe haven't been trained fully on this yet? I just got lucky and got a motivated CM.

Gratuities are NOT included. Although I can't imagine what you'd need gratuities for in a dessert buffet?

MJVANS, our family will be there the same day and time too. The lady who took my ressies was so nice and said she wanted to do this herself. Didn't know we had to pay for this up front. I hope my husband doesn't kill me :eek: There is a 1 day cancellation policy and she also said that depending on the weather, fireworks and Spectromagic may not run. I hope the weather holds out for us since this is our last night at Disney and will cancel if the weather is bad.

I called for a party of 6 for 8/1. Nothing available. Booked party of 6 for 7/31, so I know the CM was looking for the right thing. 9pm, 24-hour cancellation, dessert buffet still happens even if Wishes is cancelled, blah blah blah.

Think to myself: I wonder if I could get it for a party of 3, or even two parties of 3? (Thinking back to people not being able to get a table for 2 at a restaurant, but able to get a reservation for 3 or 4, I'm wondered if they actually had tables blocked out and the party size was the problem.)

So I call back within 5-10 minutes. CM sees I have a party of three, but I say I really need a party of 6, but please check for 3 on 8/1. She asks me what time. Uh oh. "It should only be for 9pm." She says it's from 5pm-9pm. I say, "It's the desert buffet for Wishes in Tomorrowland."

OK, she keys me in for a party of 6. It's available. I'm still dubious - I figure I'll wait to see if she gives me the right details... "9pm, 24-hour cancellation, dessert buffet still happens even if Wishes is cancelled, blah blah blah." Charges my credit card the right amount. Whew!

Crazy!

So I agree with the others, just call back and try again!

I called today (the 24th) at 6:30 and was told that there were no openings during the week of August 17th. We tried all the days that the parade and fireworks ran. I was a little bummed.... but my sister got reservations on the 18th at 9:05 for 4 people. She called back and asked if there was any way to add 2 more people (DH and myself) and they checked and said yes. So we will be going with them!!!!! I'm really excited since I have not seen the fireworks or parade since 1996!

:cheer2::cheer2::cool1::cool1::yay::yay:

I called for a party of 6 for 8/1. Nothing available. Booked party of 6 for 7/31, so I know the CM was looking for the right thing. 9pm, 24-hour cancellation, dessert buffet still happens even if Wishes is cancelled, blah blah blah.

Think to myself: I wonder if I could get it for a party of 3, or even two parties of 3? (Thinking back to people not being able to get a table for 2 at a restaurant, but able to get a reservation for 3 or 4, I'm wondered if they actually had tables blocked out and the party size was the problem.)

So I call back within 5-10 minutes. CM sees I have a party of three, but I say I really need a party of 6, but please check for 3 on 8/1. She asks me what time. Uh oh. "It should only be for 9pm." She says it's from 5pm-9pm. I say, "It's the desert buffet for Wishes in Tomorrowland."

OK, she keys me in for a party of 6. It's available. I'm still dubious - I figure I'll wait to see if she gives me the right details... "9pm, 24-hour cancellation, dessert buffet still happens even if Wishes is cancelled, blah blah blah." Charges my credit card the right amount. Whew!

Crazy!

So I agree with the others, just call back and try again!

Brettb,
I just had the same experience as you .. same day (8/1), but party of 4. I had called a few times today trying to get this, and finally a few minutes ago, was able to do it -- 9:05 p.m. The CM told me there's a learning curve booking this for some reason. Anyway, glad I called again a few times.
See you there -- we'll be the ones eating all of the chocolate covered strawberries.:goodvibes
Maureen

I had a baby 11 days ago and have been out of the dis loop and just saw today about this on facebook- so I called and there is NOTHING for the week i'm there in August.
Oh well- that'll teach me to put my kids before Disboards! :rotfl2:

Congratulations on the baby!!!!:goodvibes

I booked it for Aug. 23- I think!

The CM was super nice, but I'm not entirely sure he knew what he was doing.

He said it shows a seating window of 8:00- 10:00, and I am booked for 8:35.

I get that we are supposed to be there early, and early is good for that night, since it's for Spectro, but 8:35 seems a little too early- that does not include the "arrive 15 minutes early", so he told me to actully get there at 8:20.

So, he books it for me, I have a confirmation number, and he says that's it. I ask if I should prepay? No, he says, pay when you get there. I tell him I read that prepayment is required. He said his screen shows him it won't take prepayment. I have him read over again what he's actually booked for me- it's right. I ask if he's sure the computer won't cancel my res. when there is no payment from me. He says no, I'm in the system, and I have my confirmation number.

Should I be worried?

I was not able to book this on August 15 for two adults but was able to for August 10th! We will be on our honeymoon and want to make it a special trip. Between this and the (surprise) Segway Around the World tour, we will have a blast.

At this point, going on who knows how many days straight of rain in Maine, I can not wait for the sun and warmth of Florida in August

I get that we are supposed to be there early, and early is good for that night, since it's for Spectro, but 8:35 seems a little too early- that does not include the "arrive 15 minutes early", so he told me to actully get there at 8:20.

So, he books it for me, I have a confirmation number, and he says that's it. I ask if I should prepay? No, he says, pay when you get there. I tell him I read that prepayment is required. He said his screen shows him it won't take prepayment. I have him read over again what he's actually booked for me- it's right. I ask if he's sure the computer won't cancel my res. when there is no payment from me. He says no, I'm in the system, and I have my confirmation number.

Should I be worried?

I'd call back and confirm that everything is ok; it definitely requires prepayment.

Should I be worried?

Yes call back. They can accept payment from walk ups but you are supposed to pre pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter