MK Firework Dessert Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
just as a note to all who booked on the first day of reseravations. (june 22nd) I just called to modify my booking time. I had 9:20 but then realized I can see spectro so I wanted 9pm. I called and gave my reservation number but they had my reservation in the system and it was voided out. My credit card payment was never processed on my account. The CM was very confused and went to her supervisor. They were both stumped that I had a reservation number but it was not paid for in the system, the charge did not go through, (even though the CM told me it did) so it automatically voided itself. My CM on Monday had a lot of trouble with the ressie being it was the first one she did. She kept having to refresh her screen and the system kept locking up on her. I checked my credit card online and was NOT charged for it. I was able to re book today with no problems and they couldn't have been nicer about it! I had a first class CM helping me out! :)

By no means am I telling every who booked Monday to flood the Disney Dining with questions about their reservations! But please, when you get a chance, verify that your card was charged. If your card was charged you will be fine.:thumbsup2

Thank goodness, (for once!) I'm a neurotic reservations maker! I would have never thought to follow up on this or remember to check my credit card for the charge. I would have arrived on the last night of my vacation and found no reservation for me! Guess I got lucky! They told me all the kinks were worked out on day one so everyone else should be good to go. :goodvibes

I will be so happy if I can save any of you the heartache of arrive there and finding no ressie. :)

I think they made some sort of mistake. There are no set times. You are asked to show up 15 minutes prior to the start of the buffet or 8:45pm.

I just booked for Aug 18th :thumbsup2 and was told it starts at 9 and we need to be there 15-20 min prior. IDK why some people have been given different times for it :confused3

I think the problem is the CMs. They are apparently getting very confused with this.

I think they made some sort of mistake. There are no set times. You are asked to show up 15 minutes prior to the start of the buffet or 8:45pm.

When I called the first day I was offered the 9pm, 9:20 or 9:30 seating. The way I took it was that they could never seat everyone at 9pm so the stagger it. When I called today and got it all smoothed out I was also told there are several "seating" times. that was from both a regular CM and a manager that helped me out. Yes, they will only sell each table once during a night but you are seated by your reservation time. The earliest, (and most popular) time would be the 9pm being you get the most time in there.

Saw posted in several places some discussion on picking up a voucher at Guest Relations prior to showing up at the podium? Has this been confirmed?

Well I just called to get info for 8/28 the last night of this. She had no clue about nothing. No times no nothing . She couldn't answer anything about this for me. I had told her I see the park closes at 9:00 what time does the party start she couldn't tell me. I said I will call back. I was getting crazy but I didn't let her know that. I figure it's easier for me to call back and get info.

I was just on the phone with the CM literally and she said all ressies were totally booked for the dessert party. Yikes...I only wanted the 21st of Aug.

I was just on the phone with the CM literally and she said all ressies were totally booked for the dessert party. Yikes...I only wanted the 21st of Aug.

It is all booked for Aug 21st, or for all nights? Wow that was fast.... I am glad I didn't wait until my lunch break to call. I called at 11 and got Aug 21st.... my first choice was Aug 16th, but it was all booked... I did get the 21st though.

:eek::eek::eek:

wow. Glad I got in early then.

Sorry you weren't able to get a ressie!! :hug:

I had a baby 11 days ago and have been out of the dis loop and just saw today about this on facebook- so I called and there is NOTHING for the week i'm there in August.
Oh well- that'll teach me to put my kids before Disboards! :rotfl2:

I just booked for 8/27. I was told my ressie is for 9:05. Weird. I plan to be there early to watch Spectro, too. The pics of Spectro look great on the DIS review http://www.disunplugged.com/2009/06/24/disney-debuts-magic-kingdom-wishes-dessert-party/ Are these pictures taken facing Main Street? They must be, right? I think this will be a great place to watch the parade and fireworks where kids can still move around and snack to their little hearts' desire. I can't wait to check this out!:cool1:

I just got a CM who finally knew what to do. :worship:
I got the 21st at 9:10. She said to come early so I can get in and see
Spectromagic too. Wooohooo....I am so so excited.
I am giving it to Hubby for our anniversary present. He will get a certificate this Fri. at dinner (Sat. is 17 years) with what we are going to do.
Kids will be in tow but it will be fun!!!
Can't wait. Glad I called back! YEAH!!!
Just had to share my excitement!:worship::banana::yay:

I just got a CM who finally knew what to do. :worship:
I got the 21st at 9:10. She said to come early so I can get in and see
Spectromagic too. Wooohooo....I am so so excited.
I am giving it to Hubby for our anniversary present. He will get a certificate this Fri. at dinner (Sat. is 17 years) with what we are going to do.
Kids will be in tow but it will be fun!!!
Can't wait. Glad I called back! YEAH!!!
Just had to share my excitement!:worship::banana::yay:

That is great news! so happy for you. Congrats on 17 years.. Me and DH will be 17 years in October. :goodvibes

Made ressies a couple of hours ago...............
:dance3:8/14 9:05pm.....I think she said to arrive 15-20 minutes prior to that time to check in! Think we will definitely do that to see spectromagic too!! YEAH! So Excited !

Does anyone know if they decide to extend the Wishes Dessert party-when will they let us know?

I'm going to WDW Sept 13th-18th and my family would love to do this!

Im In for 8/28 and very happy :banana::cool1:

I will see you there. It is our first night in Disney. Just booked it a few minutes ago. I read somewhere that it is limited to about 50 people. Anyone else see this?

I will see you there. It is our first night in Disney. Just booked it a few minutes ago. I read somewhere that it is limited to about 50 people. Anyone else see this?

COOL ! I can't wait. I'm like a 2 yr old. Love to do new stuff in DIZ!:cool1:
I know it was limited but had no clue as to how many ppl.
Roseangela :) :banana:

I just booked for July 5th @ 9:00 pm. Very excited.

They aren't accepting any discounts: TIW, AP, or DVC.

They also told me that my gratuity was included at 18% for a party more than 6 (I have 9). But, my total didn't reflect it when they billed me. So, I don't understand the gratuity thing at all.

The pictures look great - desserts, especially spectro, and wishes.

I just booked for July 5th @ 9:00 pm. Very excited.

They aren't accepting any discounts: TIW, AP, or DVC.

They also told me that my gratuity was included at 18% for a party more than 6 (I have 9). But, my total didn't reflect it when they billed me. So, I don't understand the gratuity thing at all.

The pictures look great - desserts, especially spectro, and wishes.

Hmmmm, what do you even have a server for? It looks like even the drinks were set up as self service. Do you actually have a server for your seat? What do they do, clear plates? Just curious, I assumed it was all self service once you entered the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter