MK every ride in one day

Liam25

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone

We will be at WDW in September and are planning to attempt to do each attraction at MK all in the same day ( Park is open 0700-0000 on the day we have picked). We also have a ADR at Crystal Palace for 8am to work around so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a plan of attack or had attempted this before and had any advice.

So far we have decided to book FP for Peter Pan, SDMT and Haunted Mansion.

I don't know that I've ever ridden everything at MK in a single day--I may have done it (or come close) and not realized since I've never set it up as a goal. That being said, a long day like that should give you more than enough time.

If you're able to get your FP+ for Peter Pan and SDMT, that knocks out the two tough ones in Fantasyland, so that's a solid plan--and with Haunted Mansion relatively close by, that keeps your first three FP+ pretty nicely clustered. I'd hit either Space Mountain or Big Thunder at rope drop, understanding (unfortunately) that you're basically running to the back or side of the park for one ride on a mountain before heading back to Crystal Palace for breakfast--you might be able to sneak more attractions in during that hour, but I would go in with the assumption that you're only doing one thing before breakfast. As the previous poster pointed out, too, if you move your breakfast to later in the morning you'll have more prime morning time; if your ADR was at 9:00 or later you ought to be able to knock out all of, say, Tomorrowland without needing FP+.

How big is your party? As a solo traveler my strategy to tackle this would consist of playing the refresh game on the MDE app to move up FP+ and snag more of them throughout the day. As your party gets larger, though, that gets harder to accomplish--but it's still worth trying. Say you have the following FP+ set up ahead of time:

9:30-10:30 - Peter Pan's Flight
10:45-11:45 - SDMT
12:30-1:30 - Haunted Mansion

Say you tap in for your Peter Pan FP+ at 9:45. Once that FP+ has been used, it's no longer sitting on your account preventing you from booking anything before 10:35. Get on MDE while you're in the queue and hit the button to edit your SDMT FP+, and keep refreshing until it gives you an earlier time--with any luck, you'll get an earlier FP+ window and will be able to go straight to SDMT immediately after leaving Peter Pan. Do that again with HM, and once those three are all used, keep working to book more FP+ throughout the day. I found it's quickest/easiest to book literally any FP+ you're able to get for the ride you want and then modify the time, so if you're looking for Big Thunder at 1:00 and the earliest available is 6:00, book it anyway and just keep refreshing the "modify" option until you get an earlier window. And then any time you're between FP+ because you weren't able to move a window up enough, use that time to ride things that have smaller lines and higher capacity like the Carousel of Progress, People Mover, etc.

I don't know that I've ever ridden everything at MK in a single day--I may have done it (or come close) and not realized since I've never set it up as a goal. That being said, a long day like that should give you more than enough time.

If you're able to get your FP+ for Peter Pan and SDMT, that knocks out the two tough ones in Fantasyland, so that's a solid plan--and with Haunted Mansion relatively close by, that keeps your first three FP+ pretty nicely clustered. I'd hit either Space Mountain or Big Thunder at rope drop, understanding (unfortunately) that you're basically running to the back or side of the park for one ride on a mountain before heading back to Crystal Palace for breakfast--you might be able to sneak more attractions in during that hour, but I would go in with the assumption that you're only doing one thing before breakfast. As the previous poster pointed out, too, if you move your breakfast to later in the morning you'll have more prime morning time; if your ADR was at 9:00 or later you ought to be able to knock out all of, say, Tomorrowland without needing FP+.

How big is your party? As a solo traveler my strategy to tackle this would consist of playing the refresh game on the MDE app to move up FP+ and snag more of them throughout the day. As your party gets larger, though, that gets harder to accomplish--but it's still worth trying. Say you have the following FP+ set up ahead of time:

9:30-10:30 - Peter Pan's Flight
10:45-11:45 - SDMT
12:30-1:30 - Haunted Mansion

Say you tap in for your Peter Pan FP+ at 9:45. Once that FP+ has been used, it's no longer sitting on your account preventing you from booking anything before 10:35. Get on MDE while you're in the queue and hit the button to edit your SDMT FP+, and keep refreshing until it gives you an earlier time--with any luck, you'll get an earlier FP+ window and will be able to go straight to SDMT immediately after leaving Peter Pan. Do that again with HM, and once those three are all used, keep working to book more FP+ throughout the day. I found it's quickest/easiest to book literally any FP+ you're able to get for the ride you want and then modify the time, so if you're looking for Big Thunder at 1:00 and the earliest available is 6:00, book it anyway and just keep refreshing the "modify" option until you get an earlier window. And then any time you're between FP+ because you weren't able to move a window up enough, use that time to ride things that have smaller lines and higher capacity like the Carousel of Progress, People Mover, etc.

Thanks for the advice about the FP hadn’t realised you could do that, there are 4 of us and unfortunately I can’t get a later reservation for Crystal Palace. My rough plan at the moment is to hit Space first and maybe try to get Buzz as well before breakfast then finish Tomorrowland just after we finish at Crystal Palace.

Thanks for the advice about the FP hadn’t realised you could do that, there are 4 of us and unfortunately I can’t get a later reservation for Crystal Palace. My rough plan at the moment is to hit Space first and maybe try to get Buzz as well before breakfast then finish Tomorrowland just after we finish at Crystal Palace.

Depending on your group's stamina you have up to 17 hours in the park (minus however much time spent at Crystal Palace), so while the timing isn't perfectly ideal I really wouldn't worry about it too much (honestly, I'd build in an additional break in the afternoon--if not going back to your resort, at least finding somewhere quiet and cool to sit down for a while). I think you have a solid plan to start the morning; if you can get late morning FP+ for the three rides you listed, finishing Tomorrowland and then working your way to Fantasyland to do your FP+ will save you some walking. That's the other thing I'd recommend: if you're seeing enough FP+ options pop up that you can afford to be choosy, I'd suggest working land-by-land as much as you can so you're not constantly criss-crossing the park and wearing yourselves out with extra mileage.

With four people it may be tougher to get FP+ and get them moved up to earlier times throughout the day, but I'd guess it's still at least moderately doable. A lot of people change around or cancel their FP+ on the actual day, plus I've heard Disney strategically releases more FP+ for some attractions throughout the day, so there's often much more availability to book FP+ and move them around when you're actually in the thick of it than when you're booking things ahead of time. So ideally in my example above you would be able to compress FP+ reserved for a period across more than three hours down to an hour by shifting things up as you go.

It's certainly doable. Many have done every WDW attraction in one day so every MK ride would be easier than that.

With the extended hours, it should be very doable.
Not sure that I wuold spend time at a character meal and try to do everything.
You have Fps for 2 rides that are popular. I would consider swapping BTMRR for your HM. When we have been there, BTMRR seems busier. And I 've seen more FPs for HM pop up.
RD for SM and Buzz before breakfast should be easily done as well. 2 weeks ago, SM at RD was under 5 minutes as was Buzz right after SM.

Get to the park at 7 am and head straight to BTMRR then do Splash. You should be able to get those done before your ADR. With your FP's the only other rides you will have to worry about are Jungle Cruise, Space Mtn and Winnie. You can probably get everything done by 8 pm

We do it all the time. Rope drop and go left and don't stop until BTMRR. Work your way back around. Getting FP's for PP, 7DMT, and SM is the coupe de grace.

We have done it as well in one day minus the Main Street Vehicles and anything that wasn't running when we were in that area. :) Have a great time.

I would move your ADR later - 10:30 or 11. Lines are building by then. You can kick out a TON of rides between 7am and 10am if you keep moving (my record is 12!). I have done all rides in a day but not with sacrificing the morning - never been able to do all rides and shows in one day. You also have to determine what is a "ride" to you - is Hall of Presidents a ride or show - Tiki Room? CoP?

You also have to determine what is a "ride" to you - is Hall of Presidents a ride or show - Tiki Room? CoP?
Ooh - interesting question...I would have said CoP is a "ride" - but I guess it's no different than HoP or Tiki Room. Except it does technically move, so may that makes it a "ride"?

Hi everyone

We will be at WDW in September and are planning to attempt to do each attraction at MK all in the same day ( Park is open 0700-0000 on the day we have picked). We also have a ADR at Crystal Palace for 8am to work around so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a plan of attack or had attempted this before and had any advice.

So far we have decided to book FP for Peter Pan, SDMT and Haunted Mansion.

I literally just tried this last week. I got everything in besides the barnstormer, dumbo, teacups, astro orbiter, and the carousel. I left at 10 pm with still another hour for EMH so I probably could have done it but by that time I was exhausted. This included an hour and a half monorail tour getting a drink at each MK hotel. It was quite the day and could probably be accomplished but it is NOT easy and you’re going to be TIRED!

Just make sure you have your fastpasses early so you can use them quickly and begin making new ones as early as possible.

I agree that you are wasting VALUABLE low crowd no line time with the breakfast at CP; I would either move it to lunch or eliminate it.

I’ve managed to move the CP breakfast to 0945am so that gives us a bit more time to hit rides while crowds are low. We are also counting HOP, COP and tiki room all as rides, I think we have 29 in total, I’ll attempt to find the list and put them all on here in case I’ve missed any.

Thanks for all your help everybody it’s much appreciated.

I don't know that I'd do HM for a FP, tbh. We more or less walked onto that several times. They can move a whole lot of people at once, so the wait doesn't really get as long as other things like the Mountains or Jungle Cruise.

I’d move my adr to the latest breakfast or lunch. That’s prime time to do rides.
Excellent advice. I'd move to a later morning ADR, so you can maximize those early morning hours riding rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter