Mission Space

To be clear, the only difference between Green Team and Orange Team is that Orange Team will spin the simulator to simulate g-forces at three points during the ride, for about 10 to 15 seconds each time..
No, it spins continuously and speeds up or slows down but it does not stop spinning for the entire ride. The entire sequence at the end where you nearly fall off the cliff is because you feel like you are falling forward when it stops spinning so they needed to include something to explain that. It spins at about 35 MPH, you would notice if it started and stopped multiple times.

So glad this thread was started! We have never been on Mission Space..we skipped it 11 years ago because kids were little and it scared me. We thought for our upcoming trip to just try the green side... I am thinking now not even green would be worth it for people with motion sickness of any kind? For sure NO orange.. but over 45 years old and cannot ride Star tours would surely be a no go...right?

I get motion sick in cars and especially boats (I'm fine on airplanes). I've never tried orange, and green is a little dicey for me while on the ride, but I felt fine afterwards.

I went on the orange side a few years ago and didn't find it very intense. But I'm a ride person, and really don't ever get motion sickness. I went on the green side with my kids this time around and it was very tame but my kids loved it.

My husband gets motion sickness with spinning and virtual rides. He can't even see a movie at an imax theater because he gets nauseous. So he won't go on this ride.

This ride was what I was most nervous about on our trip. I knew my son (13) would have to ride it, and I was so afraid it would ruin our whole day if he got sick.

He did end up riding it and it actually did make him nauseated (his sister had no issues), but he was fine after about 30 minutes, thankfully.

He is already talking about riding it again if we go back, so I guess it didn't do too much damage!

I, for one, will never ride it or any other simulator (I am very claustrophobic).

I used to ride orange whenever I went to WDW. Now, I ride the green side. That is due to my last two times riding orange, it did something to my system for the rest of the day. I never felt the same until I went to bed that night.

We completely steered DD away from MS last trip, but now that she can read, I don't think there's any getting by it. I can't handle the tea cups, so there's no way I'm doing orange. I'll take almost all the other rides for the team, but I just have to give MS:O a hard pass.

No, it spins continuously and speeds up or slows down but it does not stop spinning for the entire ride. The entire sequence at the end where you nearly fall off the cliff is because you feel like you are falling forward when it stops spinning so they needed to include something to explain that. It spins at about 35 MPH, you would notice if it started and stopped multiple times.

That's how it was explained to me by a cast member. What you are saing makes senst though, but you can only feel any significant forces during these three scenes.

I am a Mission Space lover. We did the orange side before there were choices and then after, I had to do the green side for five years due to an injury. I can tell you that the story in both is the same. Orange spins, green does not.

As far as how one individual will react after the ride, there's only one way to find out. For that one individual to ride it. No one else can say what that one individual will experience. No one else will know what that one individual will have eaten, drank, or experienced before the ride.

Add me and my DS (16) to team orange. We like mission space better than Test Track or the new Soarin. Mr DH, however, can't even do green...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter