Missing Pirate?

ccarolinec

Earning My Ears
Hello all, couldn't find any answers online so far so thought I'd ask here.
Recently on POTC (1/12-1/14) we noticed one of the pirates missing during the scene where the town is on fire. He's the one sitting above the bridge you float under right before entering the prisoner scene (with the bird beside him who was also gone). Just curious if he needed refurbishment or something? His voice along with the bird was still playing, but their place was empty.

He was missing over NYE too.

This happens. Sometimes they don't seem to be gone long, sometimes they're gone awhile (I swear it felt like that donkey was gone for almost a year a few years ago). My understanding has been it's usually just maintenance that requires more work than can be done overnight. He'll be back :)

He's probably just out for refurb; they do take individual pirate out for refurb if needed without taking out their audio. It has been reported that the pirate by the cats has been missing in the past and for a long time last year the piano in captains quarters was missing. I've also seen various combinations of the pirate & parrot with one or the other missing or both missing.

He's been removed before too. I remember, because for whatever reason I've loved him since I was a kid - and when he came back post-refurb, he seemed cleaner, which cheesed me right off. :rotfl2:

He was missing over NYE too.

This happens. Sometimes they don't seem to be gone long, sometimes they're gone awhile (I swear it felt like that donkey was gone for almost a year a few years ago). My understanding has been it's usually just maintenance that requires more work than can be done overnight. He'll be back :)
I remember the donkey being gone before too, so I assumed it was a similar situation, thanks for confirming! :)

I remember the one with the cats being gone one trip but he was back the next year that we went. It was so weird going through each time when you are used to a figure being there.

My kids noticed him missing too! "Where is the one sock pirate!?" lol that is what we call him since he is in his red and white socks and one is missing :) Noticed some of the pigs gone too. They come and go I guess :)

Hello all, couldn't find any answers online so far so thought I'd ask here.
Recently on POTC (1/12-1/14) we noticed one of the pirates missing during the scene where the town is on fire. He's the one sitting above the bridge you float under right before entering the prisoner scene (with the bird beside him who was also gone). Just curious if he needed refurbishment or something? His voice along with the bird was still playing, but their place was empty.

He was removed on Thurs Nov 8th (maybe night before after close). I was there that whole week. I am surprised he is not back yet. But it would be just to work on his and his clothes too.

He's been removed before too. I remember, because for whatever reason I've loved him since I was a kid - and when he came back post-refurb, he seemed cleaner, which cheesed me right off. :rotfl2:

It bugs my Mom to this day. She misses "Dirty Foot" and always comment that his foot is just too clean now.

Oh and I have not ridden it in a couple weeks, but he was missing in December too.

The Harpsicord is also missing, but you can still here it too. I would think they should turn off the sound of missing elements, as it makes no sense for the sound to be there without them.

Hopefully since the sound is still there, it means that the removals are temporary.
Even being temporary removals, there was a point in time where they would have turned the sounds off until they returned, it is just good show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter