Mio "liquid water enhancer"

I used my coupons at Target and got the free case of PS water with 2 Mios. I bought all 4 flavors offered and tried the sweet tea. I liked the ease of the container although not sure if it's more convenient than a powder pack. The mio has liquid but still needs to be shaken/mixed once squeezed into water. I had to put 3 healthy squeezes into my 8 oz. glass of water before it tasted like tea. So, I'm not sure how long it'll last but I don't see getting the stated number of servings.

Hmmm...aside from the cool packaging, I don't see the benefit and I would not buy it without a coupon or good sale.

And I also thought of Disney first, when I saw this product. I don't even drink the sulfur water down there! It's all this DIS reading that made me think of Disney first.

I've been adding mio peach tea to a 20oz bottle and I like it. But I must like things a whole lot sweeter than most folks, because I use 6 squirts in to 20oz! :eek: Maybe my squeezes are tiny, tho, because I've probably had about 8 bottles and the mio is still almost half full - based on that, it's cheaper than the packets. I think it's much less messy, and it doesn't spill even if you turn it over open (you have to squeeze) -- but I'd be worried about taking it on the plane and having it explode in my luggage.

Because that would totally happen to me ;)

I did end up going with the Target deal from last week where you got a free case of water with purchase of 2 Mio, plus I had a $1 off coupon. The sweet tea was fair, not the sweet tea taste that I'm used to, but it didn't leave a bad aftertaste; I will need to mess with this one more to see if I can get it to taste better. The fruit punch was good, I thought similar to other fruit punches you can buy in packet form.
Overall, I'm happy with this purchase because it was a great deal with the free case of water. I would consider purchasing again if I get a good number of servings out of the bottles that is equal or better than the cost of a box of packets.

IMO if you like flavored waters (aquafina, etc) you should like this, I go light on the squeeze and it tastes fine to me. I got the berry one in a free sample and bought another one last night.

How about a bottle of plain ole fashioned water? most resorts sell some type of bottled water (which you need any way to use the enhancer".

How about a bottle of plain ole fashioned water? most resorts sell some type of bottled water (which you need any way to use the enhancer".

Because I like flavor in my water. Also some times I carry Gatorade. I know most studies say plan water is just as good but sometimes if I'm in the heat I can get ill and Gatorade is psychologically helps me.

Also some people are using them to mask the funk of Florida water right out of the tap. I can't do that I have to double filter it.

Maybe it's because I live here, but I don't know what it is everyone is tasting in the water :confused3 In summer, there's a little more chlorine in it, but that's the only time I notice any taste.

Back to the topic, I haven't tried the Mio, but I do like the true lemon packets. It makes the water feel more refreshing when it's really hot.

Considering all the concerns about food dyes lately, these look a little iffy to me.......

I love it. We have tried the mango one and a berry and really liked both of them. I had coupons to use so it was well worth it. I am also a fan of the powder packets as well and have been taking them to amusement parks for years. We go to Disney in July/August and will be taking both the powder and liquid!

I was going to bring a refillable bottle so there would be less waste buying tons of plastic water bottles.

JiminyGuyMaine - true, that story just came out! I'm not a fan of artificial sugars either, I guess I just wanted an option in case my family balked at the water in the parks (I live in Portland, Oregon, and we are really spoiled with our water!).

We got the Berry Pomegranate and Strawberry Kiwi. Haven't tried them in regular water- we have a Soda Stream and make flavored soda water with them. I found that the "Recommended amount" was WAY too sweet. I used less than half and it turned out good. For the price, we like them.

I think the reason people go with the FL water is because you can get FREE ice water at CS restaurants. Bottled water costs money.

I have to chuckle though, because now when I think of Mio, I think of the Sassy Gay Friend Youtube clips from Second City. (I LOVE Sassy Gay Friend!) :laughing:

We used these on our trip last week...we loved them way more than the powdered pouches of Kool Aid we originally brought! We just couldn't stand the taste of Florida water without any enhancer added. The Mio's worked great.

just tried the berry pom and well it was ok, it's nice that you dont have to worry bout the powdery stuff which sometimes the powder can leave behind (which im not a fan of) .. I think the mio is nice if you are wanting to add flavor to you water.

I bought the fruit punch flavor on sale with a coupon. It was pretty good but I do think it is more expensive than the powders. So unless I find an on sale "deal" I probably won't be buying a lot of it!

I've tried a couple of the different Mio flavors and like them. As others have said, taste is subjective.

The last time we went to WDW we took two water bottles with filters in them similar to these by Brita. They worked better than anything tried before. They look like regular water bottles, but have a small filter in the lid that all the water runs through before you drink it.

If you want to add a little flavor plus electrolytes (insert Idiocracy joke here), there are some tablets called Nuun that are pretty nice. They're sort of similar to Alka-Seltzer and make the water a little bubbly for a bit. They come in a plastic tube that's easily portable. They're not cheep, but you're getting more than just some sugary flavor.

I like the lemon-lime ones on their own, but prefer it enhanced by a red Pixie Stix. I bring a little ziploc-like pill bag with the concoction (Nuun tab and Pixie dust) to Disneyland (and did to WDW). I get some ice water at a CS restaurant, dump it in, wait for a few minutes for the tablet to dissolve, and then have something that resembles a lightly flavored cherry 7-up. They're really good for athletic training as well. I mix a bottle up before I play soccer. By the time I drink it, the bubbles are gone and it's more of a refreshing (less syrupy) alternative to Gatorade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!