Mine train soft openings

Hoping its open when we are there May 11-16. But with the way my luck works, it will open the 17th!

Make a one day resort reservation and you will get MagicBands sooner! But internal testing is underway, so I am guessing it will be soon after January 1.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, we're college freshmen and I got my AP using my graduation money, so I don't know if I'll be able to do that before they release the bands anyway...sounds like a really good idea, though! pixiedust:

1) It is behind schedule.
2) Seems to be a problems with the dwarf workers.
3) They are doing a lot of "Heigh-Ho"-ing.
4) But are not "going off to work" enough.

Should have never hired union dwarfs. :rotfl2:

Note: Only joking...;)

I heard they were working on the rocks last week from some friends that were there. Maybe sooner rather than later.

Andyman8 posted over on theme park Strategies that end of Jan would see an official opening http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3194372. Andyman8 is reporting Disney is pushing for soft openings in time for NYE...I travel end of Feb and am really hoping this is true!! :thumbsup2
Disney would be STUPID to do a soft opening on NYE. That is just asking for a riot. I can imagine what the CM's would have to go through that day. It's the busiest day of the year and EVERYONE would want to ride, or be compensated if they didn't get to. It would be a guest relations nightmare.

However I do believe it is within the realm of possibility, as I'll-advised as it may be.

Disney would be STUPID to do a soft opening on NYE. That is just asking for a riot. I can imagine what the CM's would have to go through that day. It's the busiest day of the year and EVERYONE would want to ride, or be compensated if they didn't get to. It would be a guest relations nightmare.

However I do believe it is within the realm of possibility, as I'll-advised as it may be.

Yeah, seems like if there are soft openings in January, it would be January 6 at the earliest.

Not to mention can you just imagine how bad of a first day that would be for soft opening?

We arrive in WDW on February 8th, we would absolutely LOVE to be able to ride the Mine Train!!!!:cheer2::cheer2: I know it's far fetched but we can always hope:goodvibes:goodvibes

I'll be there Apr. 4 - 7, so a soft opening will probably happen a day or two after that. :rotfl:

We arrive in WDW on February 8th, we would absolutely LOVE to be able to ride the Mine Train!!!!:cheer2::cheer2: I know it's far fetched but we can always hope:goodvibes:goodvibes

You and me both! (I'm 2/6) Especially since Splash is closed for all of February AGAIN next year, it would be really nice to have 7DMT open.

i think you can be pretty sure that it will be up and running before oct 2014. i was actually wishing for something sooner than fall.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter