Mine train soft openings

Since they are reopening Splash Mountain on March 21st I hope they soft open the mine ride the same week. Of course I am being selfish since I am doing a 10 day DVC stay that week :)

The ridge tech (ie: car on rails) could be what that is referring to. That doesn't necessarily correlate to anything else though. If their goal is to have the train working by Christmas, that doesn't mean all the scenery/effects are good to go.

TLDR ~ Spring 2014

They've been testing the trains for over a month already. This video was posted to youtube on October 24th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoNy_T1c-K0

i read somewhere this morning that there is talk that people will be allowed to start riding in February.

Was just at MK on Sunday and you can barely see the ugly yellow 'skeleton' of the rockwork...however, a lot of it remains unpainted. Hoping for more progress come January.

thanks for posting the Youtube video! so exciting! I have a pixie dust feeling that we just might see a soft opening in Early Feb!!! pixiedust:

I'm hoping for a soft opening in early February. Our family will be there the first week. Has anyone heard anything else about this?

I'm hoping for a soft opening in early February. Our family will be there the first week. Has anyone heard anything else about this?
I wouldn't see it doing anything Amore than what's happening now in February I would say maybe and thats a long maybe March end of March could have a possible soft opening. Whoops sorry for the duplicate post.

I knew about the initial delays with design problems but for the life of me, I can't see what the heck is taking so long. It's not a big screaming ride.....it's not that much of a ride at all. Especially now that you can see the rail car mosey along the track. Finish it already. The lines are forming!

Well, lets hope they are taking special care this time to avoid Disney Design tragedies of the past......the Yeti, Fantasmic Dragon in DL (way cool now, but the night before it's grand opening.....it's head fell off-out for the summer)......and other more minor (thankfully) examples.

You Tubes I have seen look cute, but don't really "blow my skirts up". Then again, I'm more of a California Screaming, TOT, RRC, SM in DL girl.

I knew about the initial delays with design problems but for the life of me, I can't see what the heck is taking so long. It's not a big screaming ride.....it's not that much of a ride at all. Especially now that you can see the rail car mosey along the track. Finish it already. The lines are forming!

The announced opening date is Spring 2014. Posters are suggesting a soft opening sometime in February is possible. It doesn't sound like a delay.It sounds like resources were allocated so the project can be completed as per the announced date.

The announced opening date is Spring 2014. Posters are suggesting a soft opening sometime in February is possible. It doesn't sound like a delay.It sounds like resources were allocated so the project can be completed as per the announced date.

Original completion dates were far closer to the rest of Fantsyland. Then the Imagineers began to get cold feet about the design regarding the amount of torque the rail would receive with mine cars moving from side to side. That slowed things down considerably at the outset.

I think the realities of the Yeti were enough to make them take the extra time needed. Thank goodness. Can you imagine having to rework the track because they rushed completion a year earlier as first anticipated? Yikes!

I knew about the initial delays with design problems but for the life of me, I can't see what the heck is taking so long. It's not a big screaming ride.....it's not that much of a ride at all. Especially now that you can see the rail car mosey along the track. Finish it already. The lines are forming! Well, lets hope they are taking special care this time to avoid Disney Design tragedies of the past......the Yeti, Fantasmic Dragon in DL (way cool now, but the night before it's grand opening.....it's head fell off-out for the summer)......and other more minor (thankfully) examples. You Tubes I have seen look cute, but don't really "blow my skirts up". Then again, I'm more of a California Screaming, TOT, RRC, SM in DL girl.
it's all detail work right now disney loves there details they aren't going to take short cuts at this point. They want to finish it right. This another ride thats going to have a back ground story. It's supposed to be quite similar to big thunder mountain. There will be Snow White scenes inside and the cars are going to swing back and forth which is actually pretty cool not many coasters of any type do so sing like that.

Anyone have any idea of how much is left to do on the ride? :cool2:
the track is done they run the cars on it pretty much daily it's all interior work and exterior detail work. Snow whites cottage is also under a lot of construction yet most disney fan websites do weekly photo updates.

Anyone have any idea of how much is left to do on the ride? :cool2:

Based on recent pictures the cottage and queue building are closed in but still need all their exterior finishes. They also need to do the grass and trees on top of the mountain. They also have to remove the scaffolding, and since this is toothpick construction where the scaffolding supports penetrate the finished surface of the rock work, it's not a trivial process to remove it. I image there is also hardscaping and landscaping work to be done in the queue area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter