Military Tickets - Help

PRmamiDEdos

DIS Veteran
Hi.
Long time Disney parks goer but this is my first time with a military family member. We were able to get him a great rate at Coronado but he’s 5 hours from his closest base and I’m not sure how to go about getting the military salute tix for my cousin and his son.
He’s a single dad and active Army so he works A LOT and I’m trying to help him with everything. He’s also very impatient and just wants to know the what/when and options annoy him. LOL

Our trip is 8/8-8/11. What’s my fastest option for getting military tickets? Again, he doesn’t have time to drive five hours to the base. Does SoG have a quick turnaround time or is there another way to do this? Any help is appreciated.

SoG had a backlog a few months ago, but I have heard that they are pretty much caught up. He should be able to get them pretty quickly shipped to his home from them.

Another option that many people have mentioned as a quick and easy source for tickets is Orlando ITT. Have him call them at 407-855-0116. They ship very quickly to anywhere in the US.

FYI, he can buy up to 6 of the heavily discounted tickets, to be used by any family and friends.

If you do the online form for the number of tickets needed and then follow up with a phone call they maybe able to give you special quick turnaround since your trip is only 30 days away.

We ordered military tickets via SOG the first week of June and it took 5 business days for a return phone call and they emailed us a copy of the tickets that day and we were able to reserve a park the same day. They FedEx us a hard copy of the tickets and they arrived 2 days later.

Another question(s):

What’s ITTV?

Do the base, ITTV and SoG all sell the AF salute ticket? Asking because That’s what I priced out for him.

Disney World 2021 Armed Forces Salute Prices
  • Four-Day Park Hopper Tickets for $296.00

SoG had a backlog a few months ago, but I have heard that they are pretty much caught up. He should be able to get them pretty quickly shipped to his home from them.

Another option that many people have mentioned as a quick and easy source for tickets is Orlando ITT. Have him call them at 407-855-0116. They ship very quickly to anywhere in the US.

FYI, he can buy up to 6 of the heavily discounted tickets, to be used by any family and friends.
Just to add clarity for those who might not know, one of the six MUST be used by the service member of spouse.
so tech you have five that can be used by anyone else.

Hi.
Long time Disney parks goer but this is my first time with a military family member. We were able to get him a great rate at Coronado but he’s 5 hours from his closest base and I’m not sure how to go about getting the military salute tix for my cousin and his son.
He’s a single dad and active Army so he works A LOT and I’m trying to help him with everything. He’s also very impatient and just wants to know the what/when and options annoy him. LOL

Our trip is 8/8-8/11. What’s my fastest option for getting military tickets? Again, he doesn’t have time to drive five hours to the base. Does SoG have a quick turnaround time or is there another way to do this? Any help is appreciated.

If you have him reach out to the closest Base ITT office, they should be able to accommodate and send you the tickets in the mail, payment will just have to be completed over the phone. Just make sure that he explains to them the situation. I personally did this myself prior to a trip and had no issues.

Just to add clarity for those who might not know, one of the six MUST be used by the service member of spouse.
so tech you have five that can be used by anyone else.
I actually purchased my own tickets for the trip. The tix we need are just for him and his so.

Another question(s):

What’s ITTV?

Do the base, ITTV and SoG all sell the AF salute ticket? Asking because That’s what I priced out for him.

Disney World 2021 Armed Forces Salute Prices
  • Four-Day Park Hopper Tickets for $296.00

ITT is Information, Tickets, and Travel. That is just the name of the travel offices on some military bases. Some bases may not have a dedicated travel office, and might sell tickets through MWR (Morale, Welfare, and Recreation).

To buy the military salute tickets (technically now officially called Military promotional tickets, but many still call them salute tix), you can purchase them from any military base travel office or from Shades of Green. Technically, you can get them in person at a Disney World ticket window, but that is not advised, especially now, with park reservations required and best booked in advance. Also, if you do get them at Disney, you have to pay sales tax. No tax on purchases from SoG or a base travel office.

Here is a screenshot of the 4 different versions of this ticket, with pricing from Shades of Green. Base travel offices may differ by a few dollars, but some also charge a service fee. Shipping of tickets from SoG is $12, and it's a similar charge from base offices that ship.

I recommend calling the Orlando ITT office I discussed above. That office is managed by Navy MWR. Every report I've seen is that they are quick to answer the phone, and very efficient with processing and shipping tickets.

ITT is Information, Tickets, and Travel. That is just the name of the travel offices on some military bases. Some bases may not have a dedicated travel office, and might sell tickets through MWR (Morale, Welfare, and Recreation).

To buy the military salute tickets (technically now officially called Military promotional tickets, but many still call them salute tix), you can purchase them from any military base travel office or from Shades of Green. Technically, you can get them in person at a Disney World ticket window, but that is not advised, especially now, with park reservations required and best booked in advance. Also, if you do get them at Disney, you have to pay sales tax. No tax on purchases from SoG or a base travel office.

Here is a screenshot of the 4 different versions of this ticket, with pricing from Shades of Green. Base travel offices may differ by a few dollars, but some also charge a service fee. Shipping of tickets from SoG is $12, and it's a similar charge from base offices that ship.

View attachment 587219

I recommend calling the Orlando ITT office I discussed above. That office is managed by Navy MWR. Every report I've seen is that they are quick to answer the phone, and very efficient with processing and shipping tickets.
Thank you so much mich!!!

We live in MA and have found the quickest way to get tickets is to call the Camp Pendelton ITT https://www.mccscp.com/itt (760) 725-5805 / 5863

They take your order right over the phone and overnight the tickets to you....I had our tickets for our July trip for both Disney World and Universal the next day delivered by FedEx

We live in MA and have found the quickest way to get tickets is to call the Camp Pendelton ITT https://www.mccscp.com/itt (760) 725-5805 / 5863

They take your order right over the phone and overnight the tickets to you....I had our tickets for our July trip for both Disney World and Universal the next day delivered by FedEx

Although I hadn’t used them for WDW tickets, I did this week for the newly released Disneyland tickets, and I was blown away by the service!

I called the minute they opened on Tuesday, which is the first day they had and could sell the tickets. She took my name and number for a call back (she said the line was out the door and the phone was ringing off the hook, as expected). I got the call back about 3 hours later, they processed my order, and I had them on my porch via FedEx less than 24 hours later. In Ohio.

Does Camp Pendelton sell the actual ticket or a voucher that needs exchanged at Guest Services?

For Disneyland, they send a printed sheet of paper for each ticket. You scan the bar code to link each ticket in the Disneyland app. That allows you to book park reservations. When we arrive at the park, we will pull up the ticket on the app for them to scan, and they will ask for military ID then, and take our pics.

For Disney World, I don’t know whether they send the cardstock exchange certificates or the white plastic cards, but either way, you can link them to MDE to book park reservations. You will have to visit a ticket window or guest services to show ID to finalize activation. They will give you ticket cards then.

It was pretty easy to buy from SoG. I called the TO at the base but the phone just kept ringing.
Next question: Do we have to stop at GS to get them activated or can we walk right in?

Thank you for your help 😊

It was pretty easy to buy from SoG. I called the TO at the base but the phone just kept ringing.
Next question: Do we have to stop at GS to get them activated or can we walk right in?

Thank you for your help 😊

Military Salute tickets purchased from Shades of Green are pre-activated and no Guest Service trip required. Salute tickets purchased elsewhere are not, so you will need to go to Guest Services for those.

Reactions: cm8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter